Where have my purchases gone?

Midyin

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2003 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

So I made a bunch of purchases. 

Now I know where they go after you first get them you click the recent Tab and there they should be under the Objects tab, but I had to log out before I could retrieve them all from there, so now they aren’t there anymore.... where would I find them?

Edited by Midyin
To fix a typo.

7 answers to this question

12 minutes ago, Midyin said:

Now I know where they go after you first get them you click the recent Tab and there they should be under the Objects tab, but I had to log out before I could retrieve them all from there, so now they aren’t there anymore.... where would I find them?

Check your recent items filters.  I have mine set for 3 days so that everything new for the last  3 days appears there.  Occasionally it has reset to 0 (it's never me that does it honest :) )

make sure when you close the filters you click CLOSE and not reset 

1 minute ago, Cindy Evanier said:

Check your recent items filters.  I have mine set for 3 days so that everything new for the last  3 days appears there.  Occasionally it has reset to 0 (it's never me that does it honest :) )

1 minute ago, Cindy Evanier said:

Ok, is there a way to recover the missing items?

2 minutes ago, Midyin said:

Ok, is there a way to recover the missing items?

They may not be missing when you reset your filters.  

If they aren't showing then find the exact names and put that in inventory search.  Are they marketplace or inworld purchases? 

9 minutes ago, Cindy Evanier said:

They may not be missing when you reset your filters.  

If they aren't showing then find the exact names and put that in inventory search.  Are they marketplace or inworld purchases? 

I bought them in the market place, I’m in SL now. I’m not seeing any place to extend how long my recents are accessible. 

12 minutes ago, Midyin said:

I bought them in the market place, I’m in SL now. I’m not seeing any place to extend how long my recents are accessible. 

I don't know what viewer you are using but this is for the SL viewer >  Scroll to Tips for recovering lost inventory items

SL 

4 hours ago, Midyin said:

3 hours ago, Midyin said:

If they came from the MP then they should be in a folder called Received Items, not in the Objects folder.   Check this article - about half way down:

• Like 1

You seem to be laboring under a misapprehension.

Items don't go from "Recent Items" to somewhere else, or vanish from your inventory if you don't remember to go look at them there.  The Recent Items tab is, itself, a form of inventory filter.  It only shows those items which you acquired...um, recently.  But ALL your items, both old and new, are always in your inventory.  Go look for them in the main inventory tab.  (I very seldom use the Recent tab, myself).

Items you buy on the Marketplace will almost always be found in the Received Items section of your inventory.  I call it a "section" because it can appear as something other than a normal folder, depending on how you have your Preferences set.  The choices are to have Received Items appear as an ordinary system folder, or to have it appear as an entire new section of the inventory window, down at the very bottom of the window.  I try not to use Received Items as a place to store things.  As soon as I get something from the Marketplace, I open Received Items and move the new item somewhere else.

There are two other places where new items can very often be found.  One is your Objects folder.  In addition, some things will appear in a new inventory folder all their own, with the name of the new item.  I have my inventory set to show its system folders first, then any others below the system folders. "System folders" are the ones that were there before you created any of your own folders.  They have special symbols on their folder image.  Body Parts, Clothing, Landmarks, Notecards, Animations, Textures, Scripts, Sounds, Snapshots, Objects, Lost and Found, Trash.

If you don't see something right away, use Search to find it.  Enter part or all of the item's name, or the store name.  Those will usually help you locate it.

Do NOT empty your Trash folder until you have checked to see if any of your "missing" items have found their way there.

Edited by Lindal Kidd
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2003 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.