Pimp your EEP!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1846 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

11 hours ago, Callum Meriman said:

Whirly, has it reached a stage where EEP is into a Firestorm branch yet (self-compiled is ok). I has the real dumbz when it comes to the LL viewer.

Yep!
Happy compiling!
https://bitbucket.org/Ansariel/phoenix-firestorm-lgpl-eep

A warning though, it's still in a very alpha state & many bugs to fix.

Boring merge notes...

* LLDrawpoolAlpha.cpp: Check rendering issues with alpha and performance fix (non-OGL core mode)
* LLViewerFolderType.cpp: Custom icon for "Settings" folder needed
* Add checkbox for RenderUseAdvancedAtmospherics to "Graphics" prefs panel (code from LLFloaterPreferenceGraphicsAdvanced)

* FSLightshare.cpp: Make it work with EEP?
* RLVa WL broken
* Quickprefs / Phototools
* LLDrawPoolSky.cpp: Cloud noise selection - where did it go now? ("clouds2.tga")
* Check/fix/replace/remove [EEPMERGE] stuff
* Check settings:
	- UseEnvironmentFromRegionAlways
	- FSInterpolateSky
	- FSInterpolateWater
	- FSWindlightInterpolateTime
	- FSWLParcelEnabled
	- FSWLWhitelistFriends
	- FSWLWhitelistGroups
	- FSWLWhitelistAll
* Needed translations:
	- floater_about_land.xml
	- floater_bulk_perms.xml
	- floater_edit_ext_day_cycle.xml
	- floater_fixedenvironment.xml
	- floater_inventory_view_finder.xml
	- floater_my_environments.xml
	- floater_perms_default.xml
	- floater_settings_picker.xml
	- menu_inventory.xml
	- menu_inventory_add.xml (panel_main_inventory for AnsaStorm)
	- menu_save_settings.xml
	- menu_settings_add.xml
	- menu_settings_gear.xml
	- menu_viewer.xml
	- notifications.xml
	- panel_region_environment.xml
	- panel_settings_sky_atmos.xml
	- panel_settings_sky_clouds.xml
	- panel_settings_sky_density.xml
	- panel_settings_sky_sunmoon.xml
	- panel_settings_water.xml
	- strings.xml
	- widgets/density_ctrl.xml
	- (widgets/sun_moon_trackball.xml)
	- (widgets/xy_vector.xml)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Wow, great job on all those! EEP Really turned out so much more than I was expecting it to be, and I recently heard about the scripted environment parts too, this is totally sweet how much variety and creative things will come of it.  They really knocked a home-run again with this feature.

Edited by Macrocosm Draegonne
  • Like 2

Omg, you're killin me tho!!  I cant... if I jump down this rabbit hole ill be gone for days! lol! 

giphy.gif

Soon though, I simply must make some of these, whats really exciting too is we can include them with builds and share them.  What a crazy cool idea!

And the scripted thing is really eating some processing power in my brain right now too lol ....the things that can be done with that! 

I must scurry back to work though :( have to whip out two websites today lol.

• Like 2

I was able to get the viewer and tinker ?  I can see many many hours going into creating all sorts of these, and the transitions are great too!  The whole new UI is fabulous too!

The only weird thing I noticed was the Moon texture seems to have a different thing going on in how the texture is handled.  It doesn't like alpha blends, clouds make it disappear, and it also allows the stars to shine through it, probably just needs a touch more brightness to overcome most of that though.  Im sure its been reported, ill have to read in jira all the stuff ive missed with EEP.

Does anyone elses EEP viewer say Hippos ! in white floating text on the lower right of the screen?  I cant figure what its coming from, you can see it in all my snapshots. ?

Snapshot1_001.thumb.png.4a7482a87255bb905d36657fb0cb9317.png

Snapshot1_003.thumb.png.0a4b08ff7271863aef3faafac3666532.pngSnapshot1_004.thumb.png.3bd33f0f4541a4a389a3fe51da2af1ce.pngSnapshot1_007.thumb.png.6dbc043f5b2e71c65caf57fd032b20d3.png

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Macrocosm Draegonne said:

The only weird thing I noticed was the Moon texture seems to have a different thing going on in how the texture is handled.  It doesn't like alpha blends, clouds make it disappear, and it also allows the stars to shine through it, probably just needs a touch more brightness to overcome most of that though.  Im sure its been reported, ill have to read in jira all the stuff ive missed with EEP.

Yep, all filed.

BUG-225690 - [EEP] Moon textures with transparency do not render correctly

BUG-225580 - [EEP] Textures used for Sun, Moon and clouds transit behind stars, should be in front of stars

Filter for all EEP issues: https://jira.secondlife.com/issues/?filter=18255

• Like 3

Just now, Whirly Fizzle said:

Thanks so much I was just going into jira now and searching, im new to jira so of course I had not found them.  Thanks for posting those thats very kind of you! ❤️

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Whirly Fizzle said:

Wow, that makes so much more sense now!  I was really wondering what tf I did to get that there... lol

Im pretty lost in the Default viewer, i must have hit that combo trying to hide the UI or something.

• Haha 1

Here is a quick video I shot last night in the EEP testing SIM, its my Pitchblack Preset, but I could swear they did something to the shadows in EEP?  They seem vastly improved, I will have to test that, but this vid has no Reshade or anything extra, just the dev viewer on ultra.  I could not figure out how to hide the nametage in the LL viewer tho lol I want all my firestorm goodies! Link to flikr page with video- in case the one below doesnt work.

imageproxy.jpg.c670ed2fb69976c22678c337ec3aa20d.jpg

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Whirly Fizzle said:

Me -> Preferences -> General -> Name tags

thanks, that helps lol somehow I didnt see it there when looking but I was already predetermined to be frustrated probably! lol  

I like how black dragon makes them show for a short time or if you hover them but then fades away.  and firestorm has the toggle right in that awesome quicklauncher chingus.  So much cool stuff comes from the TPV community, its a really unique and powerful aspect to SL. 

Edit:  Oooh it has the show briefly option too, its just not enabled by default.  Nice :D

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1846 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.