I am getting tired of people complaining there is nothing to do in Second Life.

Jules Catlyn

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1996 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I am used to being surrounded by creative people. Not just creative in items but also they write, create sims, create events and do things that are fun to them and keep Second Life alive. Nowadays it seems there is a whole new generation of users that only want to consume and not contribute. They should read up on what Second Life is. It is a user generated world. Which means that us, the residents, create it. So may be it is time that instead of complain, the consumers find ways to contribute instead of complain. Be it by having a business, creating art, making places and groups for people to meet etc. Don't expect anything to be handed on a gold platter and spoon fed to you. *end of rant*

• Like 22

35 minutes ago, Jules Catlyn said:

*end of rant*

I'm fairly tired of people complaining about how SL today isn't like the "good old days" when they knapped their own hand axes from flint prims, and used them to bludgeon prim mammoths to death so they could use the mammoth's skin textures on their system shoe foot wrappings...

*end of thread* ;) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 10

"I think that all right-thinking people in this country are sick and tired of being told that ordinary decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I'm certainly not. But I'm sick and tired of being told that I am."

Sorry........ couldn't resist   :)

• Haha 3

18 minutes ago, Klytyna said:

I'm fairly tired of people complaining about how SL today isn't like the "good old days" when they knapped their own hand axes from flint prims, and used them to bludgeon prim mammoths to death so they could use the mammoth's skin textures on their system shoe foot wrappings...

*end of thread* ;) 

I think they’re also complaining about stuffs like moar prims / LI allowance, and more premium tier (1024), and better LR games. And ponies.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

59 minutes ago, Jules Catlyn said:

I am used to being surrounded by creative people. Not just creative in items but also they write, create sims, create events and do things that are fun to them and keep Second Life alive. Nowadays it seems there is a whole new generation of users that only want to consume and not contribute. They should read up on what Second Life is. It is a user generated world. Which means that us, the residents, create it. So may be it is time that instead of complain, the consumers find ways to contribute instead of complain. Be it by having a business, creating art, making places and groups for people to meet etc. Don't expect anything to be handed on a gold platter and spoon fed to you. *end of rant*

I realize that this is really about the complainers, however I just wanted to point out that there are some of us that do not create but still contribute by the L$ that we spend for everyone else's creations.  I do not 'create' in any way - hell, I don't have a creative bone in me and I'm perfectly happy with that.  I am nothing but a "consumer" of goods in SL, but creators would be in dire straights if there weren't folks like me willing to constantly buy, buy, buy. 

• Like 21

i heard so much complains at work about WHY VIP GROUP IS NOT FREE,i don t wanna paay! complains about   mesh heads are overpriced! complainers logic is that everything should be free and creators should support customers all the time.

Edited by Panteleeva
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Panteleeva said:

i heard so much complains at work about WHY VIP GROUP IS NOT FREE,i don t wanna paay! complains about   mesh heads are overpriced! complainers logic is that everything should be free and creators should support customers all the time.

Maybe I am misunderstanding but creators SHOULD support customers... the customer paid for something, they should expect customer support. 

• Like 11

29 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I realize that this is really about the complainers, however I just wanted to point out that there are some of us that do not create but still contribute by the L$ that we spend for everyone else's creations.  I do not 'create' in any way - hell, I don't have a creative bone in me and I'm perfectly happy with that.  I am nothing but a "consumer" of goods in SL, but creators would be in dire straights if there weren't folks like me willing to constantly buy, buy, buy. 

And we love you!

7 minutes ago, Cindy Evanier said:

Maybe I am misunderstanding but creators SHOULD support customers... the customer paid for something, they should expect customer support. 

I think there's a difference between providing customer support and supporting customers. Of course I want to make sure that any customer who buys one of my products loves my creation and I will bend over backwards to be sure that's the case. But I don't owe it to my customers to give my creations away or provide a free VIP group. 

Edited by Blush Bravin
PS .. my VIP group is currently free to join though
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Blush Bravin said:

bend over backwards to be sure that's the case

I guess my answer was clouded by getting up at 4 am once because on the way to the loo in the middle of the night I read my offlines and logged in to help a customer with something.  *polishes her halo and notes maybe not THAT much support next time*  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jules Catlyn said:

Nowadays it seems there is a whole new generation of users that only want to consume and not contribute.

I am not going to presume that I know a whole lot about what this or that 'new generation' wants.  But, from what I have observed in many groups...is this.  A new person ask a question about how they can get into creating in SL.  Right away they get very negative answers, like .... 'google' , or 'if you cannot mesh, not worth your time'.... 'find a group that cares, this group is for (insert name brand here).'   Eventually, much better answers come up....like telling them about Builder's Brewery , the forums and informative tutorials. 

My point is, I do see quite a lot who are interested in creating in SL.  Those that have tenacity and a thick skin, stick around and figure it out, but entry into that world is messy and many don't care to make it any easier.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Jules Catlyn said:

Nowadays it seems there is a whole new generation of users that only want to consume and not contribute.

Shhh ... that's good, we might sell them a thing or two ;)

Edited by Fionalein
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

creators would be in dire straights if there weren't folks like me willing to constantly buy, buy, buy

/me NODS, NODS, NODS emphatically while pointing to this.

Then adds that spending Starbuck's money and Movie money and Cable TV money on L$ instead of those things means I got the itchy to buy stuffs. All I ask is that you make decent stuff that I actually want.

(At OP: I never get tired of the whiners, it's entertainment and reminds me of how much healthier of mind I must be.)

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Cindy Evanier said:

I guess my answer was clouded by getting up at 4 am once because on the way to the loo in the middle of the night I read my offlines and logged in to help a customer with something.  *polishes her halo and notes maybe not THAT much support next time*  

I hope you got to the loo first because otherwise that really is above and beyond!

• Haha 4

Whenever I see that kind of topic about things not being nice anymore or having nothing to do I get annoyed. There IS a huge load of hot steamy activities in SL, but people rather wait for someone to drag them over all of them and entertain them rather than go after said activities themselves.

I'm more of a loner kind of person and whenever I get a contact in my list that wants my full attention and they keep nagging me about being bored and wanting to do something my finger twitches desperately to click the "Remove friend" button.

In my modest opinion people have generally become lazy. Not only in SL, but it reflects in there too.

Edited by Sylvannas Zulaman
  • Like 5

4 hours ago, Jules Catlyn said:

People are just used to playing generic hero fighting big bad monster, what would they do without the big bad ? 

I guess if I came across someone complaining like that and they weren't interested in my suggestions, or an offer to go exploring or build something fun, I'd just shrug and move on. Their world, their imagination. My parcel mate has a fun rideable broomstick as a hunt prize though, so I'd probably try to get them to give it a go first.

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1996 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.