Amazon Spirit HUD Destroying Basically Girl AO HUD?

RuchiVee

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1982 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Has anyone had a problem with their Basically Girl AO HUD lately?  Usually, clicking the ON/OFF symbol toggles the AO on and off, predictably.  But lately, clicking the ON/OFF symbol has been making weird menus pop up asking me to select different types of walk, swim or sit animations.  That's never happened before.

I tried rebooting and just detaching and reattaching the original, but neither worked.  Finally, I had to delete my Basically Girl AO and buy a new one.  That solved the problem...UNTIL...

I reattached my Spirit HUD from the Amazon River sim.  I can't be 100% sure about causation here, but there definitely seems to be a correlation between my attaching the Spirit HUD and my Basically Girl AO going fubar.

21 minutes ago, RuchiVee said:

Has anyone had a problem with their Basically Girl AO HUD lately?  Usually, clicking the ON/OFF symbol toggles the AO on and off, predictably.  But lately, clicking the ON/OFF symbol has been making weird menus pop up asking me to select different types of walk, swim or sit animations.  That's never happened before.

I tried rebooting and just detaching and reattaching the original, but neither worked.  Finally, I had to delete my Basically Girl AO and buy a new one.  That solved the problem...UNTIL...

I reattached my Spirit HUD from the Amazon River sim.  I can't be 100% sure about causation here, but there definitely seems to be a correlation between my attaching the Spirit HUD and my Basically Girl AO going fubar.

Why not just get a redelivery of the AO.  Or ask in their group/customer support.  It might be an issue they are aware of

2 hours ago, Cindy Evanier said:

Why not just get a redelivery of the AO.  Or ask in their group/customer support.  It might be an issue they are aware of

Surely she tried that. Redelivery ability is still a pretty rare feature with most creators in SL and older purchases. In those cases, the only option is to purchases again.

6 minutes ago, Alyona Su said:

Surely she tried that. Redelivery ability is still a pretty rare feature with most creators in SL and older purchases. In those cases, the only option is to purchases again.

well I dunno.  I just wonder why its not the first thing someone tries along with asking the person they purchased it from first before asking in the forums.  

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Cindy Evanier said:

well I dunno.  I just wonder why its not the first thing someone tries along with asking the person they purchased it from first before asking in the forums.  

That is a fair point. And in hindsight, most people would mention they tried a redelivery before "being forced" to buy it again. :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Alyona Su said:

OR... you keep backups. I seldom use the original HUD. I use a copy and so generally have a backup.

Some HUD's appear no-copy because they contain no-copy animations. But, the HUD can be copied. Its just a little tedious moving things to a new HUD. WAY EASIER to buy Copy-OK only.

@RuchiVee I haven't seen one HUD break another HUD. I doubt it is possible. But, they can conflict with one another, especially AO HUDs. I've seen it take several minutes for a conflict to resolve.

AO's work in different ways. Some are true OVERRIDE's and others replace the default animation at the server. Mixing the two can get the viewer confused and appearing broken. It takes some knowledgeable animation and scripting skill to make multiple AO's compatible. If they are not well done, you may have to take them off and relog. Then try again.

RLV and collars can get in a conflict that never resolves until the RLV system is shut down and restarted and the collar reset. Collars with RLV controls can try to manipulate your AO's.

So, there are lots of possibilities for conflicts. Minimize those as best you can.

If a viewer crashes, the HUD's can get messed up. Some HUD's cannot be SCRIPT RESET as that permanently breaks them. That is rare for AO's. The usual break is scripts in no-mod HUDs getting set to NOT RUNNING. You just have to get a new copy.

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Nalates Urriah said:

Surely she tried that.

I always recommend to people to do this - no only keeping the original box (if there is one) - but also (and *especially* if it's an open folder from MP or "prim vendor" purchase) - make a new folder called backup and put *copies* of everything in there. Especially HUDs. This way of a HUD gets borked there's a "master" version to make another copy of. And if, for some reason even that doesn't work, then you can go to the box.

Someone mentioned (this thread or another, I don't remember) "unnecessary" or "useless" boxes "filling inventory" - ummm, it's virtual "space" - you cannot "fill up" your inventory. After 12 years I have something around 130, 000 items. No problem-o. LOL

Always save those boxes and if you don't get a backup box to begin with: MAKE ONE. :)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1982 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.