America's Black Slavery in Second Life

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2009 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 minute ago, Fionalein said:

....it is, ever since some weirdo pulled the idea of "races" out of his behinds... races are an abstract concept that first had to be developed, what you mean is xenophobia and well that includes all those you are not familiar with... incuding strangers on the Forums

yes and breeds of dogs aren't real either, they are just an abstract concept

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Selene Gregoire said:

There is only one "race". The human race. Also known as Homo sapiens sapiens.

if that is true, why are there racial quotas and preferences at universities?

That's actually a classic example of George Orwell's doublethink,  the act of simultaneously accepting two mutually contradictory beliefs as correct, often in distinct social contexts.

1) There is no such thing a race.

2) We must work to ensure each race is fairly represented in all spheres of life

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, Phorumities said:

That's actually a classic example of George Orwell's doublethink,  the act of simultaneously accepting two mutually contradictory beliefs as correct, often in distinct social contexts.

2) We must work to ensure each race is fairly represented in all spheres of life

Because of racism. Race does not exist, but racism does. You learned something today! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Because of racism. Race does not exist, but racism does. You learned something today! 

How can there be racism if there are no races?

And who decides who gets to be in which race to get preferential treatment when filling quotas. Someone has to say, oh you look black to me, you can go to the head of the line. Obviously then racial quotas themselves are racist.

It seems that there must be some morphological differences that you can use to assign an individual to a race, ergo, there ARE races.

duh

Just now, Love Zhaoying said:

Because people judge others for the color of their skin or physical traits. You could say their are “ethnicities”, but the concept of race has no basis in science.

Now you are playing semantics. Race bad, ethnicity good.

Besides ethnicity is culturally based, while race is physically based. 

Nice try, come back when you got something better

11 minutes ago, Phorumities said:

Now you are playing semantics. Race bad, ethnicity good.

Besides ethnicity is culturally based, while race is physically based. 

Nice try, come back when you got something better

There is no genetic or physiological basis to the concept of race and that has been the scientific consensus for decades. Race does exist as a social category system based loosely on a haphazard collection of physical traits that have little relevance to scientific analysis of human beings, that has been used historically to oppress some groups of people for the purpose of exploitation by and enrichment of other groups of people. I hope that clears it up for you. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

2 hours ago, Aethelwine said:

One more to their list of grievances makes no difference to anyone, it is just another talking point for their apologists. It has nothing to do with not allowing them to talk.

The point of no platform is to defend the right of any individual to not appear or participate in a platform with and for racists and to encourage them not to do so.  Excuse me for not shedding any tears over a grievance that would deny the rights of others to chose who they appear on a platform with. You aren't defending freedom of speech by forcing people to do what they don't want to.

Where did I say others were forced to appear them, if others had chosen not to appear on the program that would also be their right.

No platforming doesnt however just include not appearing with them it also includes  usually lefty idiots shouting down people so they cant talk even when there is no one being "forced" to appear.

Those that were on question time with the idiot did not have to go in the least and if they had chosen to boycott it that would of been fine.

Confronting the views of idiots is the only way to get towards a cure. Trying to pretend they dont exist does the square root of nothing

Edited by KanryDrago

19 minutes ago, Cromulence DeGroot said:

There is no genetic or physiological basis to the concept of race and that has been the scientific consensus for decades. Race does exist as a social category system based loosely on a haphazard collection of physical traits that have little relevance to scientific analysis of human beings, that has been used historically to oppress some groups of people for the purpose of exploitation by and enrichment of other groups of people. I hope that clears it up for you. 

..more than a century, actuallly..

38 minutes ago, Phorumities said:

You must have missed the quotation marks around my first use of "race".

Just now, Innula Zenovka said:

So, for more than 10 decades.

Yep. I was a fan of “World’s Fairs” my entire childhood, then read a serious book about how they were used to showcase not only the “colonial” view, but also the case for “racial superiority” by having “human zoos”, casting some other peoples as “savages”, etc. This shiznit’s been going on a long, long, time. Today, those same peoples are accepted as equals virtually universally. Yet, the false “science” left a stigma leading up to the current day.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KanryDrago said:

Where did I say others were forced to appear them, if others had chosen not to appear on the program that would also be their right.

No platforming doesnt however just include not appearing with them it also includes  usually lefty idiots shouting down people so they cant talk even when there is no one being "forced" to appear.

Those that were on question time with the idiot did not have to go in the least and if they had chosen to boycott it that would of been fine.

Confronting the views of idiots is the only way to get towards a cure. Trying to pretend they dont exist does the square root of nothing

Chris Hulne did not want the BNP to be given a platform, he only appeared because they had been.

https://www.webcitation.org/5khRP4u6Q

Confronting their views is not the same as, No Platform.

I would not appear at a meeting organised by the BNP, and nor would I extend an invitation to them. It is no part of the business of an elected liberal to drum up larger audiences for our most reviled opponents. They are welcome to their freedom of speech, but they can choose their own street corner and their own soapbox without my help. But the BBC has decided to invite Griffin, and I fear that Thursday night's excitement would not have been called off just because the Liberal Democrats decided not to participate.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2009 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.