Breedables - Horses (Amaretto and BioBreeds)

SabrayMykot

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1940 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Good evening, all.

I am very new to SL, and I am wanting to learn more about the breedable system. Specifically, I am looking for information regarding the Amaretto horses and the BioBreeds Ponies/Exotics. 

What follows is a bit of what I am looking for in a breedable. At this point, the horse types seem to have the most traits and colors. From what I have been able to find, the most notable are Amaretto horses and BioBreeds Ponies/Exotics. However, if anyone else has any other suggestions that would fit well with the below criteria, please feel free to suggest a different breedable.

1. First and foremost, I am not looking to get into breedables right away. I want to get to know SL and the community first. I am simply seeking to learn so that, when the time comes for my breedable project to commence, I will know where and how to start.

2. I am looking for a breedable with a lot of color/texture/pattern variety. 

3. I am looking for a breedable type with a lot of traits to explore. 

4. I am looking for a breeding system that works via an isolated genetics system vs. one that is based on a random number generator (RNG) system. This does not have to be confined to Mendalian genetics. However, I am looking for a system where the traits can be paired in some way so that the breeder can have at least some idea of what they will get over time as a given genetic line becomes more defined. 

5. I am looking for a breedable that has some market value. While I am not wanting to get into breedables for the monetary side of it, I would like to know that I could put my stock up at an auction, on the secondary market, etc. with some hope of it being recognized as something that people may be seeking. Generally, more people have interest in horses as compared to pet snowflakes , for examples *laughs*. Responsible breeding practices as no breeder keeps everything that is produced, obviously. There are no guarantees in this market, just like any other, I understand that...I am speaking in generalities with this point.

6. I would like to learn to make accessories/buildings as part of this breedable project, so the breedable type will need to be allowable to that. 

7. I am looking for information (a comparison) between Amaretto Horses and Biobreeds Ponies/Exotics.

Hopefully, the above will offers a clear idea of what I am looking for. If I am missing an important point, feel free to let me know.

Thank you for your time and consideration. If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask. 

-Sabray Mykot-

Amaretto has been around for a while so they have a lot of traits ranging from realistic to silly/fantasy. Examples include horse breed, coat colors, shiny, glow, tint, eyes, mane types, socks, etc.

Awesome Breed Creations is another option out there with breedable horses. Their horses look much better than the Amaretto horses but Amaretto is the easier, more straightforward breedable.

For Amaretto, their starters do pull from the current trait pool with RNG. Some traits are retired and can only be bred out if you buy a horse with the retired trait to breed out.

With the offspring from starters, you'll have a better idea what they will produce based on how they look. Amarettos have visible traits and hidden traits. You can try to go pure blood but a hidden trait might still pop up randomly unless you try very hard to breed and erase out an unwanted trait. For that, the trait is called Null.

As for market value, I've been out of the game too long to tell you if you'll make a good profit. However, I recommend attending live Auctions held by individual market sims. This way you can see what's popular and see how much people are paying and decide from there. It's also a good idea to walk around breedable market sims to see what people are charging for their horses and if it's consistent.

You can also easily make accessories for Amaretto but I assume it's the same for most breedables. If it's something for the horse to wear, the buyer just needs to edit the accessory according to their own shape. You can also try making trait signs, display stands and other tools a breeder could use and need.

Unfortunately, I have no experience with BioBreed to offer a comparison. Just with ABC.

• 2 months later...
On 10/22/2018 at 8:53 PM, SabrayMykot said:

Good evening, all.

5. I am looking for a breedable that has some market value. While I am not wanting to get into breedables for the monetary side of it, I would like to know that I could put my stock up at an auction, on the secondary market, etc. with some hope of it being recognized as something that people may be seeking. Generally, more people have interest in horses as compared to pet snowflakes , for examples *laughs*. Responsible breeding practices as no breeder keeps everything that is produced, obviously. There are no guarantees in this market, just like any other, I understand that...I am speaking in generalities with this point.

7. I am looking for information (a comparison) between Amaretto Horses and Biobreeds Ponies/Exotics.

Hopefully, the above will offers a clear idea of what I am looking for. If I am missing an important point, feel free to let me know.

Thank you for your time and consideration. If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask. 

-Sabray Mykot-

There is no "Market value" left in Amaretto anymore sadly they have killed the secondary markets by their greedy cash grabs IE releasing LE after LE and even Gatchas and not giving the secondary markets a chance to recover literally the auctions are a joke out of a 2 hour auction you are really lucky to see 2 sale more often there are none! unless you have literally hundreds apon hundreds to pump into them a month between food and buying the "Hot flavor of the min" traits then your going to find yourself very discouraged and disappointed and out of pocket real quick..sadly amaterro is a sinking ship that most are trying to jump off of..I use to have over a hundred now I got under 10 and even those are on borrowed time..do yourself a favor and dont get involved in it cant speak for Bio breeds other then the random pet dog ive had from them from time to time ive never seen any auctions for them well least not in a long time...they do a sim think its called the "farm" or something were you can buy them maybe try that out..

13 hours ago, Skell Dagger said:

Just to let you know that - for those of us using the forum's dark theme - when you change the colour of your text to dark blue it makes it completely unreadable...

unreadable.thumb.PNG.8252f865309fb74a340493c856230b53.PNG

Ouch! Dark theme broke shared experience in the forums. 😲 😬
We need light GREY theme too. Why? Because the glaring white is too white, and the pitch black is too dark.

• Haha 1

Good morning/afternoon, all. I hope that everything is having a Happy New Year.That said...

Thank you to those who have commented with some insight. I appreciate the responses so far. 

Also, regarding the text color: I did not realize it would be a problem. I will make sure not to use it in the future. I tried to edit the post, but there does not seem to be an option to do so. For those who may wish to read the post and are using the Dark theme, the only workaround that I can suggest would be to select the text. The overlay color should make the text readable. 

-Sabray Mykot-

8 hours ago, SabrayMykot said:

using the Dark theme, the only workaround that I can suggest would be to select the text

That's what I've been using as a workaround, but it wasn't until I tried to select text that was too dark to read before I realized that would work as a work around.

However, in general, it is best to stick with the default text color which should be readable regardless of theme.  I know that even in the regular theme, there are some light text colors that make a post mostly unreadable.

Posts are only editable for 24 hours.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1940 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.