MP Item got flagged for incorrect listing category?

LilithServil

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2003 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I'm so confused. What should a modkit for an avatar (appliers and eye textures boxed together) fall under, category-wise? I've been listening them as simply Avatar Accessories since I first opened my shop, but today one of my items got flagged and deactivated for "Incorrect Listing Category". Why...? Did someone flag it for no reason and get it taken down? What do I even do about this, do I just put it back up? The message said something along the lines of "item as not was described" and the listing was deactivated.

The last thing I want to do is somehow get in trouble if it keeps getting flagged if I put it back up again. I don't see how it's not as advertised, as I specifically list that it's an avatar mod, have a bunch of pics up with midday lighting on high quality so people can see what they're getting, and a warning that the hair shown in the listing doesn't come with the mod.

Help? I want to relist it because I'm quite happy with how the product came out, but I'm worried it'll get flagged again for some reason or another. : /

I have multiple recolors of the same modkit still available which I could link if anyone wants to see what I could have done wrong.

Edit: After looking at my orders, the item has only been ordered by one person so far several days ago and they left a 5 star review on the item. Did someone flag it for no reason without even purchasing it? I don't really see why someone would do that.

Edited by LilithServil
new info

7 answers to this question

5 minutes ago, Lindal Kidd said:

Seems like some nitpicker decided to stick her nose in.  However, "Avatar Components" is the more common category for makeup and eyes.  Avatar Accessories is more for things like jewelry, handbags, eyeglasses, etc.

Ahh, well I just went and changed my listings to that category. I wish there were more clear cut definitions for the categories, though, as I make furry mods and avatar accessories seems to be the main place to find them (Avatar Accessories -> Furry Accessories). Hopefully moving them to the other category doesn't exclude them from people looking for those...

3 minutes ago, Lindal Kidd said:

Oh.  You didn't say!  I think you were probably right to put them in "furry accessories."

Sorry...being a stupid hooman, I was thinking in anthropocentric terms.

It's alright! Sometimes I forget that furries, while one of the more common non-human avatars, seem to be greatly outnumbered on the forums.

So should I move it back to avatar accessories? That's where I've been listing all of my mods since I first opened shop. I just hope it doesn't get mysteriously flagged again if I do.

13 hours ago, Lindal Kidd said:

Seems like some nitpicker decided to stick her nose in.  However, "Avatar Components" is the more common category for makeup and eyes.  Avatar Accessories is more for things like jewelry, handbags, eyeglasses, etc.

Yah. Lipstick is a COMPONENT, but hair is an ACCESSORY. Bahahaha!

It seems you aren't the only one getting hit by this.  A number of creators of things for furries seem to be caught in a Catch-22...someone on LL's Marketplace Team is delisting things in Accessories/Furry Accessories (they define "accessories" the way I did; glasses, handbags, etc.)  Then the creators try relisting them in Avatar Components.  The customers see this and say, "what the heck, I always look in Furry Accessories for this stuff" and flag the items.  LL looks at the flag and delists the item AGAIN.

The furry creator community is up in arms about it, and I can't say I blame them.  There is a JIRA open to try to get more/better categories for furry items, but who knows how long that will take.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2003 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.