Change skybox height

kefi Hexem

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2005 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

5 hours ago, iwentcrazie said:

Hey everyone, I rezzed a sky box and filled it to my preference. I'm wondering if I could change the height of my skybox with everything remaining in it or if I have to redo the whole thing at the desired height?? Thanks ❤️

If this is a parcel in the region the safest way to edit everything and add/subtract a set number to the Z. (Z=height)

Say your skybox is now at 1023 meters and you want to move it up 500 meters.... edit each item, add 500 to the Z... so the vase that was at z=1025 meters becomes Z=1525 meters - do the skybox itself last so that you don't fall to the ground.

If you own the entire region then you can do it by Shift-Rightclick of everything and taking it into inventory as a conglomeration (the rubik cube like icon) You can then rez a prim at your new height and go into edit, the while in edit rez the conglomeration on the prim and move it into position.

Danger; dont try the conglomeration method if you don't own the entire region, the risk of rezzing over the property line and messing up (maybe losing things) is too great.

Edited by Callum Meriman

You can also  "lasso" the items (with build menu open and "Select Only My Objects" turned on in the Build > Options menu, you can  hold down the SHIFT key and draw an imaginary box around the items). From there you can copy them into your inventory and then rez them at the new height.  If items are not all copy you would have to TAKE the coalesced object up rather than copy. 

As Callum has said you need to make sure that you can rez your coalesced item safely  -- so if your skybox fills a 1024 parcel and you are ON a 1024 parcel, then the copy or take and rerez method isn't the best.

coalesced.jpg.209cb29a29c5cf0d4adedc8f594165ba.jpg

What I do is sometimes is  "lasso" all the items and then drag them up on the "Z" access arrow a bit at at time.  This works fine and is safer but I suggest that if you haven't done this you practice with some other items in a sandbox. 

There are plenty of tricky skills that are worth learning in SL, these are some of them.

Good luck. 

• Like 1

When changing position of a skybox I hover next to it in the air. Then I select everything by lasso-ing it multiple times from different angles.
Then select the Z-arrow of the movment cross and hold the mouse button on the arrow and press pgup or pgdn at the same time and fly to the new height.
The selected objects will follow me.
It's easy and done in a minute. For a building-noob there are some possibilities of failure as you play with multiple controls and camera at the same time. If you fail just repeat - it's a good practice ?

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2005 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.