iwentcrazie

Change skybox height

Hey everyone, I rezzed a sky box and filled it to my preference. I'm wondering if I could change the height of my skybox with everything remaining in it or if I have to redo the whole thing at the desired height?? Thanks ❤️

Unless everything is linked or came in the same rez box, you have to do it one piece at a time. But there are two ways to get the job done faster. One is to link as much as possible so there are fewer units to move. The other is a rarely used and often forgotten feature of the builder tool: It can do simple maths.

If you want to move everything , say 1000 m up in the air, add "+1000" to the Z position field:

410256918_Skjermbilde(1908).png.e24456b8e453efb2d9f504fa27e92840.png

Hit the tab key on your keyboard and the object will move exactly 1000 m up.

But be very careful when you do this and look out for the decimal point, especially if you use Firestorm. Firestorm has a lot of hidden decimals in those fields by default and unless you make absolutely sure the cursor is right at the end of those, you may well end up with +10 000 or +100 000 instead.

Edited by ChinRey
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, ChinRey said:

The other is a rarely used and often forgotten feature of the builder tool: It can do simple maths.

Fascinating, does LL viewer do this, or just TPV’s?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Fascinating, does LL viewer do this, or just TPV’s?

All viewers have this feature and it's not only the position fields and not even only the builder window. Anywhere where you can change something by numbers, you can enter simple mathematical formulas and the viewer will calculate it for you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/23/2018 at 6:10 AM, ChinRey said:

All viewers have this feature and it's not only the position fields and not even only the builder window. Anywhere where you can change something by numbers, you can enter simple mathematical formulas and the viewer will calculate it for you.

Its amazing all the things you find in the mix, thats one of the fringe benefits of being a more matured platform, there's been so many countless thousands of hours that's gone into everything.  And more yet to come.

32 minutes ago, Macrocosm Draegonne said:

Its amazing all the things you find in the mix, thats one of the fringe benefits of being a more matured platform, there's been so many countless thousands of hours that's gone into everything.  And more yet to come.

I thought that was a fairly common feature. Blender has it too at least.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, ChinRey said:

it does? lol I will have to try, and check the wiki, thats cool.  Google does it too right in the search bar.

7 hours ago, ChinRey said:

Just wanted to say thanks again!  Not only does it work in blender, but its a very useful time saver. ❤️