You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1974 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Just now, Blush Bravin said:

There's still a lot of clothing out there with the old auto-hide scripts that didn't reset when the clothing was removed. You're probably running into those. I can't remember how long the old system was out before it was updated but it wasn't very long.

Ahhh, I didn't know there was an "old" set of scripts.  I was mostly inactive when mesh bodies first came on scene and only came back to an active life here in early 2017.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Phorumities said:

some maitrya body owners remove the body hud when its not being used?

Interesting

1 hour ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I just never saw a reason to keep my Maitreya HUD attached once I finished dressing for the day.  The only time I might need it before changing clothes again is if I need to try on a demo of something.  No real need to carry the batch of textures and scripts around with me all the time.

I was one of those who kept my Maitreya HUD attached nearly all the time. But after reading that HUDs can cause texture lag issues, I decided to test performance with and without my favorite HUDs attached, and indeed my system performed much better without the HUDs (Mait and Catwa).

Another wonderful feature from Firestorm is the Favorite Wearables box where I keep all my HUDs ready for attaching. It's wonderful!!! Being a mega shopper who is constantly trying demos, thus wanting to attach and detach huds often, using this feature has greatly improved my power shopping trips.

I've never had a problem with the Maitreya HUD except when I forget to take it off for sailing.  I'm sure the numerous sim crossings are the culprit.  Sailing also makes appliers stick to the the body on my screen but not for other people.  Even if i put on a different copy of the body.  Both problems are fixed with a relog.  

I keep a number of HUDs attached at all times, including the Maitreya HUD .. Why? ..  Because I want to.

I know that none of my HUDs overlap or hide part of the active parts of another, but that is a very valid reason to check if you have recently introduced another HUD.

In Firestorm; Avatar - Health - Refresh Attachments almost always works when a HUD stops working, but not every time, so occasionally a relog is necessary if doing many, many attach/detach sessions, such as trying on new things after a hunt unpacking, or a lot of TP'ing.

Maitreya's auto-alpha is the worst thing that's ever happened to Maitreya body system - I have grown to despise it ?

Like many 'new' things introduced to help people the fallout from unintended consequences raises its ugly head. Things like this SHOULD BE OPTIONAL, not compulsory.

Why? .. Because I wear a V-Tech flat chest and also have a folder containing many copies of the Maitreya bodies for use in different Outfits, if they require a specific alpha set. There is also continuous failure for each body to maintain its own saved set since the 4.1 update and crossover between saved body alphas and the HUD commonly leaks between the two.

If auto-alpha did not exist or was optional I would be delighted. Someone once described how to remove the HUD scripts once. I tried that numerous times but the HUD always re-introduced them and wouldn't allow it. I love the Maitreya body look, but the auto-alpha spoils everything.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Candice LittleBoots said:

If auto-alpha did not exist or was optional I would be delighted. Someone once described how to remove the HUD scripts once. I tried that numerous times but the HUD always re-introduced them and wouldn't allow it. I love the Maitreya body look, but the auto-alpha spoils everything.

You cannot remove scripts from no MOD items.  You can use the 'Remove ALL Body Scripts' button on the Maitreya HUD....that will remove them from your body, leaving it essentially frozen in it's current state. ALWAYS make a copy of your body, hands and feet before you use the button of DOOM! Again... doing this will freeze them, the HUD will no longer work....on that copy of the body, hands and feet.

Incidentally, that button of DOOOM! is another culprit of the "Help! my Maitreya HUD is broken!".   Also, no amount of relogging will fix that one either :P

Edited by Tarani Tempest
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Tarani Tempest said:

You can use the 'Remove ALL Body Scripts' button on the Maitreya HUD....that will remove them from your body, leaving it essentially frozen in it's current state.

How I never saw that button before, I'll never know!

Thank you. My SL world has and will continue to improve significantly! B|

I have separate bodies for different outfits requiring different alpha sets, so this is the solution I needed.

• Like 2

On 22 October 2018 at 2:01 PM, Rhonda Huntress said:

It can do some wonky things if you leave it attached while TPing around the grid.  Things like stop responding or refusing to detach. A relog will fix these without needing a redelivery.

On 22 October 2018 at 2:16 PM, Blush Bravin said:

Unfortunately, this is too often suggested as the solution when there are much better ways to fix the problem.

16 hours ago, Sylvannas Zulaman said:

the best thing is is activate the Advanced menu and use the Refresh Attachments.

14 hours ago, Blush Bravin said:

It's a great feature!! And as far as I know, only available in the Firestorm viewer.

It's in Catznip too, and it's a damn sight faster than relogging, and easier to use. That is why they added it...

13 hours ago, Blush Bravin said:

I was one of those who kept my Maitreya HUD attached nearly all the time.

I keep mine on all the time, and before anyone replies with "oh but you can just attach it using the fast-inv box before you dress for the day", I often end up changing clothing not as whole outfits but piecemeal, many times a day, and I use RLVa...

It's hard to attach a hud when you have NO inventory access, and cannot add attachments even if you did due to rlv restricts... But not being able to toggle an alpha cut when needed, or enable/disable a catsuit on a clothing layer, is a complete pain, or switching from high feet to flat feet when somebody strips off your boots...

In fact the mait-hud along with the ao, are the TWO of the three huds i always have on, and which are locked in place using RLVa, to prevent them accidentally being removed, along with the body it's self.

On 10/22/2018 at 3:12 PM, Phorumities said:

I always do that ... why leave something attached that does not get used, but has lots of textures and scripts on it? Waste of resources.

On Tuesday, October 23, 2018 at 1:40 AM, Blush Bravin said:

My goal with my main, Debi, is to keep her inventory below 20k. So I don't keep ANY original boxes with her. Honestly, even with Blush, I don't like to keep anything in inventory that can easily be redelivered. I just hate a large inventory. In all the time I've been wearing my Maitreya body on both Debi and Blush, which has been since the first day the body was released, I've only needed to get a redelivery once between them. That's over three years. Honestly, if someone needs to get a redelivery that often they really need to troubleshoot what's going on and find a solution. And as I've said numerous times, there are a lot of us who are willing to help in the Maitreya Lara Friends group.

Well we do it different, it is not one correct way. I sometimes have 3 avatars logged in the same time for photos and must go back and forth between them. Having one object unopened for backup is my way. Still I need a new hud once a year at most. But if thst hsppens when taking photos...

On 10/22/2018 at 11:18 AM, Theresa Tennyson said:

When you see behavior like this from an attachment, it usually means that the attachment has been detached by the teleport but your viewer doesn't realize it so it continues to draw it. Because the server considers it to be detached none of the scripts can work and it can't be detached because it isn't really there. Relogging re-syncs the viewer to the server.

THANK YOU! I always wondered why that would sometimes happen. This totally makes sense. *(I'd like your post twice if I could!)* xD

On 10/22/2018 at 11:23 AM, Blush Bravin said:

All true, but this happens because you have the body attached to the same place as something else, typically avatar center. Rather than just relogging it's better to see what is attaching to the same spot and if possible move it to another spot or if it's something like an attached pet that can't be moved and work correctly, then moving the body to another spot that is rarely used. This will prevent it from happening again. It's never a nice thing to have someone message you and tell you the body you think you are wearing is missing. If you don't want to move things, and are using the Firestorm viewer, rather than relogging I'd suggest using the refresh attachments option.

This is just one reason a HUD may seem to not be working. But there are others as well. 

So are you saying the body would be missing (invisible) because of too many HUD's connected to one point on the body?  Please elaborate....

1 minute ago, Chase01 said:

So are you saying the body would be missing (invisible) because of too many HUD's connected to one point on the body?  Please elaborate....

You can add multiple attachments to the same point on the body, but...

Add too many to the same point and sometimes one or more might pop off, during teleports.

How many is too many, well that varies depending on how much of a pain SL decides to be that day.

Sometimes, you find that the mesh body 'pops off' the avatar center point, because, you use FS and it insists on attaching the lsl bridge there.

Sometimes when an item pops off, your viewer doesn't notice... It continues to display it on your screen, often somewhat malfunctioned, until you either relog, or "refresh attachments".

The easiest way to prevent important items popping off in this way is to attach them to points that are seldom used

So, you don't attach your maitreya feet to right foot, because "shoes on feet", instead you attach your feet to the new bento hind leg foot, that your human avatar NEVER USES, same for hands, don't wear them on your forearms, add them to a bento bone you never  use..

Same goes for clothing, do NOT attach all your clothing to the right hand.

Spread it about, preferably in a logical way, so all "pairs of shoes/boots" get attached to the left foot (not used by maitreya) panties attached to pelvis, skirts/dresses/trousers to stomach, shirts/blouses/tops to chest, jackets on spine, and so on.

• Like 6

5 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

Well we do it different, it is not one correct way.

On 10/22/2018 at 1:13 AM, Marianne Little said:

Unless, you deliberatly deleted the original box from your inventory. You should not do that.

It seemed to me you were implying that a person should NOT delete the original box, as though it was the only way. My point is that it is a choice and that using the redelivery rather than keeping unneeded boxes in your inventory is an option, and for some like myself, it's the best option.

I'm all about choice. I just want people to know what's available and that there is more than one way to do things. :)  

Edited by Blush Bravin

6 hours ago, Chase01 said:

Klytyna did an excellent job of explaining what I meant.

It's not where the huds are attached, unless you have too many huds on one attachment spot, then I suppose you could run into the problem with a hud dropping off without you knowing it, though I've never encountered that issue. It's that the body is attached to avatar center and then other things get attached to avatar center as well.

The Firestorm bridge no longer attaches to avatar center; it attached to center 2 now so that's not the issue any longer. I find the biggest culprit is companion pets that must attach to avatar center or they will not function properly. So moving the body to another location for those who use companion pets is the best solution in those cases. I use pets on occasion and as such have moved my body to right pec as it hardly gets used these days. 

Edited by Blush Bravin
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Blush Bravin said:

It seemed to me you were implying that a person should NOT delete the original box, as though it was the only way. My point is that it is a choice and that using the redelivery rather than keeping unneeded boxes in your inventory is an option, and for some like myself, it's the best option.

I'm all about choice. I just want people to know what's available and that there is more than one way to do things. :)  

Oh okay, and I read it as you meant the only correct way was to get a redelivery, and that me suggesting she could look in her inventory was wrong. :)

I still think it is better safe than sorry, and so I keep the box. That's optional.

Now that it is out of the way, the original poster sounded to me, like she

1: had no idea that she could rez the Maitreya container again, or

2: she thought it was empty after she unpacked it and could not be used again, or

3: when she deleted the Maitreya bag on the ground after unpacking, it is not in her inventory anymore.

I wanted to inform her that she

- Probably has the original pack and can get a fresh copy from it.

- - Even when we rez or wear the Maitreya shopping bag, it is a duplicate and stay in the object folder unless deleted from it.

- - - Deleting the bag on ground does not delete it from her inventory.

So if the OP read here again, she heard that from me, from you and others that there is a redelivery station at Maitreya, that other HUDs can cover the Maitreya HUD....

It is then up to her to do as she please.

Edited by Marianne Little
changed: file to folder

On 10/22/2018 at 6:12 AM, Phorumities said:

Interesting

but yes it often stops working just relog to fix it

For anyone moving around the grid, it is important to reduce the script load to a minimum. Certainly under 3MB. There are various ways to check your script count and load.

The most common failure in TP/Region Crossing is from an overly complex avatar. Add a vehicle with prims and scripts and your chance of a TP failure go way up.

When you go into a new region the region you are exiting has to hand off all your scripts and their states (scripts and their variables/data) to the new region you are entering. If you are watching region performance you can see performance dip considerably when an avatar enters the region. The region simulator is busy getting the new avatar integrated into the simulation so everything else has to wait.

Region owners for events tell you to minimize script counts and size to reduce lag.

So, any HUD you aren't using can be taken off to improve yours and everyone else's performance.

23 minutes ago, Nalates Urriah said:

For anyone moving around the grid, it is important to reduce the script load to a minimum. Certainly under 3MB. There are various ways to check your script count and load.

The most common failure in TP/Region Crossing is from an overly complex avatar. Add a vehicle with prims and scripts and your chance of a TP failure go way up.

When you go into a new region the region you are exiting has to hand off all your scripts and their states (scripts and their variables/data) to the new region you are entering. If you are watching region performance you can see performance dip considerably when an avatar enters the region. The region simulator is busy getting the new avatar integrated into the simulation so everything else has to wait.

Region owners for events tell you to minimize script counts and size to reduce lag.

So, any HUD you aren't using can be taken off to improve yours and everyone else's performance.

I have a script counter at home plus everywhere i go i'm reminded that I am personally responsible for lagging the sim and destroying everyones experience.

1 minute ago, Phorumities said:

I have a script counter at home plus everywhere i go i'm reminded that I am personally responsible for lagging the sim and destroying everyones experience.

? Wow! Such destructive power. How does it feel having all that distruction attributed to you?

People do get a bit naggy. I just thought you were expressing surprise that people wouldn't take off HUDs they weren't using...

• Haha 2

On 10/22/2018 at 6:01 AM, Rhonda Huntress said:

This.

It can do some wonky things if you leave it attached while TPing around the grid.  Things like stop responding or refusing to detach. A relog will fix these without needing a redelivery.

I never leave the HUD attached unless I am actually doing something with the body.

The only HUD I leave on at all times is my AO. Sure I could use the FS built in AO but for me, the HUD is quicker to access and use. I just turn it off when making adjustments to the body.

On 10/22/2018 at 1:03 PM, Marianne Little said:

But why not keep the original box, in case the Maitreya sim is down for a restart. Is is also much faster to rez the original pack where you are, instead of going there, wait for the sim to rez, and find the terminal.

I am the kind of person who prefer to fix things myself, and if I need a new HUD every 4-5 month or so, it is not strange. It is what's worn 24/7 in SL.

I always keep original boxes or make one to put the originals in. There is no reason to keep all those different sizes of clothes in the folder with the only size I wear, so I delete those and if I ever do change my shape and need a different size I can rez the box and get the one I need without having 100k+ in my inventory. Currently my inventory is under 28.5k.* Of course, with clothing that is made for the Lara body I don't need to grab another size. And not keeping the clothes that are sized mesh (both fitted and non) loose in the folder makes it easier to find what I'm looking for and keeps from having too many saved outfits, which can cause issues. I've seen people with nearly 2000 saved outfits and it was causing log in issues. When that happens LL has to jump through some hoops to get the person back into SL just so they can delete most of those saved outfits and be able to log in..

*Most of which is not clothing but things I or my other half has made or Treasured Cove sculpts and meshes and textures I have purchased over the years.

Edited by Selene Gregoire

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1974 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.