Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Plus, you have the original box in your inventory, and you can rez it again and again, to get the whole pack, body and HUD. You never get a no copy container of this body. The original is in your objects, and no matter how many times you rez it, you still have it there.

Unless, you deliberatly deleted the original box from your inventory. You should not do that.

Edited by Marianne Little
typing errors
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No need to keep the original box. The redelivery terminal at Maitreya is very dependable. Also, it's very likely that you don't actually need a redelivery as the hud very rarely breaks. It's more likely another issue causing your hud to appear as though it's not working. May I suggest you join the Maitreya Lara Friends group. I am a moderator for the group. We are there to help everyone with their Maitreya body.

Edited by Blush Bravin
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Blush Bravin said:

Also, it's very likely that you don't actually need a redelivery as the hud very rarely breaks.

This.

It can do some wonky things if you leave it attached while TPing around the grid.  Things like stop responding or refusing to detach. A relog will fix these without needing a redelivery.

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

This.

It can do some wonky things if you leave it attached while TPing around the grid.  Things like stop responding or refusing to detach. A relog will fix these without needing a redelivery.

There are things you can do to fix even that without a relog. But it takes careful diagnosis to determine the problem and solution. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

This.

It can do some wonky things if you leave it attached while TPing around the grid.  Things like stop responding or refusing to detach. A relog will fix these without needing a redelivery.

some maitrya body owners remove the body hud when its not being used?

Interesting

but yes it often stops working just relog to fix it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Phorumities said:

but yes it often stops working just relog to fix it

Unfortunately, this is too often suggested as the solution when there are much better ways to fix the problem. Why keep relogging when you can find the problem and put into effect the solution so you don't keep running into the problem?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Blush Bravin said:

Unfortunately, this is too often suggested as the solution when there are much better ways to fix the problem. Why keep relogging when you can find the problem and put into effect the solution so you don't keep running into the problem?

Because in 30 seconds I'm back online with no issues for another 3 months or so.

Fast, easy and reliable.  Kind of like this girl I know ...

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

Because in 30 seconds I'm back online with no issues for another 3 months or so.

Fast, easy and reliable.  Kind of like this girl I know ...

Fortunate for you then.

Working in the MLF group, troubleshooting problems, I hear this complaint a lot with it being a frequent one for some. So frequent in fact, that they are ready to stop wearing the body all together. Fortunately, finding the problem isn't difficult. The fix is typically something really simple and then they don't have to deal with it ever again. 

Of course, if relogging is what someone prefers then by all means do so. I'm just suggesting that if it's really bothering someone then there are permanent solutions that will prevent it happening again.

Edited by Blush Bravin
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, like any troubleshooting, start with the quick fix and work your up from there.  Make a change and follow the problem.  If it goes away your done!

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

So, like any troubleshooting, start with the quick fix and work your up from there.  Make a change and follow the problem.  If it goes away your done!

 

So, like any troubleshooting, start with the quick fix and work your up from there.  Make a change and follow the problem.  If it goes away and doesn't come back your done!

 

Added a bit to your response so I could agree with it. :) 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

This.

It can do some wonky things if you leave it attached while TPing around the grid.  Things like stop responding or refusing to detach. A relog will fix these without needing a redelivery.

When you see behavior like this from an attachment, it usually means that the attachment has been detached by the teleport but your viewer doesn't realize it so it continues to draw it. Because the server considers it to be detached none of the scripts can work and it can't be detached because it isn't really there. Relogging re-syncs the viewer to the server.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just want to add a bit here.  One of the reasons we recommend troubleshooting , is that often the problem cannot be solved with a relog.  So better to fix the actual problem. 

I cannot tell you how many times a HUD problem has been caused by another HUD's transparent area covering up bits of the Maitreya HUD.  No amount of relogging is going to fix that.  So, yes we prefer to find the actual problem.  And sometimes, the fix is a relog.  That is just not the first thing I tell someone to do. 

Just like the days of..."Clear your cache" for every single problem you run into...."Relog" has become the new "Clear your cache" :P

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Theresa Tennyson said:

When you see behavior like this from an attachment, it usually means that the attachment has been detached by the teleport but your viewer doesn't realize it so it continues to draw it. Because the server considers it to be detached none of the scripts can work and it can't be detached because it isn't really there. Relogging re-syncs the viewer to the server.

All true, but this happens because you have the body attached to the same place as something else, typically avatar center. Rather than just relogging it's better to see what is attaching to the same spot and if possible move it to another spot or if it's something like an attached pet that can't be moved and work correctly, then moving the body to another spot that is rarely used. This will prevent it from happening again. It's never a nice thing to have someone message you and tell you the body you think you are wearing is missing. If you don't want to move things, and are using the Firestorm viewer, rather than relogging I'd suggest using the refresh attachments option.

This is just one reason a HUD may seem to not be working. But there are others as well. 

Edited by Blush Bravin
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Tarani Tempest said:

I just want to add a bit here.  One of the reasons we recommend troubleshooting , is that often the problem cannot be solved with a relog.  So better to fix the actual problem. 

I cannot tell you how many times a HUD problem has been caused by another HUD's transparent area covering up bits of the Maitreya HUD.  No amount of relogging is going to fix that.  So, yes we prefer to find the actual problem.  And sometimes, the fix is a relog.  That is just not the first thing I tell someone to do. 

Just like the days of..."Clear your cache" for every single problem you run into...."Relog" has become the new "Clear your cache" :P

 

Oh yes. That one.... been there....

It is so many HUDs, and they minimize to a small innocent button, but cover a large rectangle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Blush Bravin said:

No need to keep the original box. The redelivery terminal at Maitreya is very dependable. Also, it's very likely that you don't actually need a redelivery as the hud very rarely breaks. It's more likely another issue causing your hud to appear as though it's not working. May I suggest you join the Maitreya Lara Friends group. I am a moderator for the group. We are there to help everyone with their Maitreya body.

But why not keep the original box, in case the Maitreya sim is down for a restart. Is is also much faster to rez the original pack where you are, instead of going there, wait for the sim to rez, and find the terminal.

I am the kind of person who prefer to fix things myself, and if I need a new HUD every 4-5 month or so, it is not strange. It is what's worn 24/7 in SL.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Blush Bravin said:

Unfortunately, this is too often suggested as the solution when there are much better ways to fix the problem. Why keep relogging when you can find the problem and put into effect the solution so you don't keep running into the problem?

For those Firestorm users, the best thing is is activate the Advanced menu and use the Refresh Attachments. I honestly don't know if this is a feature to other viewers as well, but since I discovered it I never had to log anymore because my hud was not working.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just never saw a reason to keep my Maitreya HUD attached once I finished dressing for the day.  The only time I might need it before changing clothes again is if I need to try on a demo of something.  No real need to carry the batch of textures and scripts around with me all the time.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

But why not keep the original box, in case the Maitreya sim is down for a restart. Is is also much faster to rez the original pack where you are, instead of going there, wait for the sim to rez, and find the terminal.

I am the kind of person who prefer to fix things myself, and if I need a new HUD every 4-5 month or so, it is not strange. It is what's worn 24/7 in SL.

I keep the box as a backup too. For me this isn't a Maitreya-specific thing, but something I do for almost everything I own. There's nothing to stop a creator from going "cya suckers, I'm out" one day and tearing everything down. While unlikely, many of us own stuff from hundreds of creators, so the chance of one creator shutting down their redelivery system is relatively likely. Keeping a box for everything gives me that one backup.

Besides, owning the box means I can delete anything and everything I don't need, so keeping the box actually saves me inventory space. There's just no real reason to delete the box of, well, anything that's sold as copy.

17 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I just never saw a reason to keep my Maitreya HUD attached once I finished dressing for the day.  The only time I might need it before changing clothes again is if I need to try on a demo of something.  No real need to carry the batch of textures and scripts around with me all the time.

The Maitreya HUD (and Slink one when I used to wear Physique) is the one HUD I leave on pretty often. Mostly because of laziness; fixing alpha problems (the number of clothes that auto-alpha when you put them on but do nothing when you remove them is too damn high) or a quick ankle lock toggle etc takes less time than the HUD takes to load from unattached, so I just leave it on normally. If I'm at a shopping event or any other high-pop or high-lag sim I'll take it off of course, but otherwise right click -> remove is more effort than leaving it on :P

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, AyelaNewLife said:

the number of clothes that auto-alpha when you put them on but do nothing when you remove them is too damn high

Slight derail:  I've experienced this more times than I can count.  For the life of me, I cannot figure out why this happens.  I have the auto-hide package and have created auto-hide prims to go with some of my outfits.  I have never had a problem with the alpha getting reset when I remove those prims. Thus I cannot figure out why clothes with, I assume, the same freakin script doesn't reset correctly when the clothing is removed.  Yes, that is a pet peeve of mine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

But why not keep the original box, in case the Maitreya sim is down for a restart. Is is also much faster to rez the original pack where you are, instead of going there, wait for the sim to rez, and find the terminal.

I am the kind of person who prefer to fix things myself, and if I need a new HUD every 4-5 month or so, it is not strange. It is what's worn 24/7 in SL.

 

My goal with my main, Debi, is to keep her inventory below 20k. So I don't keep ANY original boxes with her. Honestly, even with Blush, I don't like to keep anything in inventory that can easily be redelivered. I just hate a large inventory. In all the time I've been wearing my Maitreya body on both Debi and Blush, which has been since the first day the body was released, I've only needed to get a redelivery once between them. That's over three years. Honestly, if someone needs to get a redelivery that often they really need to troubleshoot what's going on and find a solution. And as I've said numerous times, there are a lot of us who are willing to help in the Maitreya Lara Friends group.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Slight derail:  I've experienced this more times than I can count.  For the life of me, I cannot figure out why this happens.  I have the auto-hide package and have created auto-hide prims to go with some of my outfits.  I have never had a problem with the alpha getting reset when I remove those prims. Thus I cannot figure out why clothes with, I assume, the same freakin script doesn't reset correctly when the clothing is removed.  Yes, that is a pet peeve of mine.

There's still a lot of clothing out there with the old auto-hide scripts that didn't reset when the clothing was removed. You're probably running into those. I can't remember how long the old system was out before it was updated but it wasn't very long.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Sylvannas Zulaman said:

For those Firestorm users, the best thing is is activate the Advanced menu and use the Refresh Attachments. I honestly don't know if this is a feature to other viewers as well, but since I discovered it I never had to log anymore because my hud was not working.

It's also very easily available from the avatar menu under the avatar health options. It's a great feature!! And as far as I know, only available in the Firestorm viewer.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...