MP sales emailed

Gabi Fanshaw

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1908 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• Moderators

Hello Gabi!

You can view your Marketplace email preferences through the actual Marketplace web site

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/account/email_settings

If the link above doesn't work, you can follow the steps below to get to the page.

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/

Click on the My Marketplace link at the top and choose My Account from the drop down options

Click on Email Settings in the Menu on the left.

Once you are on your Email Settings page, look under the Merchant Notifications section and make sure Purchase Notification Email is On. 

If it is on, but you are still not getting the emails, you can reset the choice to ensure that the system is still sending the emails.

Click the Off option, then scroll down and click on the Save button.

When the page reloads, click the On option and then the Save button again.

This should "reset" the option.

If you find that you are still not getting the emails, it may be an issue with your email provider.  It could be that the emails are super delayed, or that the email provider is flagging the emails as spam and you would, unfortunately, need to review those settings directly.

Edited by Dakota Linden
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

I have not been receiving emails from marketplace sales for a few days. It seems when it first started it was just missing an email here and there but now I am not getting any. I had already tried the things mentioned above to kick start it but no luck. Today I even changed the address I use from a yahoo account to g mail and a few sales have shown up on the dashboard but no emails to the g-mail account either. I came here to the forums to see if it was just me or a more widespread problem but this is the only thread I have found that mentions this. I will be watching to see if anything more comes of this situation.

I also should add that I have received the confirmation emails from selling lindens and offline group notices. It just seems to be the marketplace sales email that is borked.

Edited by Horatio Clawtooth
additional information

I have had the same problem, since the first of the year (the last 2 days).  I have not gotten any of the emails, for MP transactions, buying or selling.  I did get one today for a L$ transaction, but nothing from the Marketplace.  I looked at my settings also and they were all the same and ok.  I also checked my Transaction History and have had sales activity since the first, just no email notifications.

Same here,

I got no longer any Infos with Mail since the new year starts. I read all help from Dakota and change my settings and back again but nothing help.

This is not a problem about the settings, it seems its an Issue from MP/SL

Hope it will fix soon, cause my Settings are the same as the last 12 years and okay. :)

• Moderators

Greetings All!

Looks like Yahoo changed something right around the first of the month.  The only users reporting issues are, or were, using Yahoo for their email provider. 

If you choose to switch to a different, non yahoo, email address, it may take a day or two for the change to fully filter through to the Marketplace system, so there may be a 1 or 2 day delay in the emails hitting your inbox again.

The devs are aware of the issue from the Bug Reports that were submitted and they will do what they can on our side to try to help resolve the issue.  Unfortunately, since the change was made by Yahoo, and is not a change on our side, we do not have any information on when the issue may be resolved. 

Edited by Dakota Linden
  • Thanks 1

Dakota, several years ago we had this same problem with Yahoo. They were filtering out SL messages/notifications. At the time, I contacted them. They said there was nothing they could do on an "individual" basis and that Linden Lab would need to contact them to "whitelist" emails from Second Life. I don't know if that ever happened.  I do know that following that issue, I never trusted Yahoo again, and switched to another email service (as you're suggesting here).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators

Greetings Arwen!

Unfortunately, it does seem to happen every few years with Yahoo. 

The sheer number of emails that are sent out by the Marketplace can trigger email providers filters.

As a friendly reminder, if anyone wishes not to receive emails from the Marketplace, they can be turned off through the Email Settings. 

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/

Click on My Marketplace then choose My account from the options.

Click on Email Settings in the Menu on the left.

Cheers!

• Like 1

• Moderators
On 1/5/2019 at 8:21 PM, Buffy Latzo said:

Indeed it was my Yahoo mail causing the issue- Seems they have changed some things as of the 1st of January- It recognizes SL emails as spam- I ended up using Gmail for my Second life Email account- Issue solved, 

Hi Buffy!

Thank you for your personal update. 

I have heard from another user that they too had the same issue and when they switched to their Gmail account, within a couple of hours they were getting the emails again.

Unfortunately, I do not have an update at this time, but if I hear something from the Devs bout this, I will be sure to post another comment with the update.

I personally don't consider having to create a new email account a good solution to getting my mail from SL. Please stay on this. Make Yahoo do the right thing. Thanks :) 

I'm not getting my mail from Sansar either. And you know the headache of changing your email there!

10 minutes ago, Blush Bravin said:

I personally don't consider having to create a new email account a good solution to getting my mail from SL. Please stay on this. Make Yahoo do the right thing. Thanks :) 

I'm not getting my mail from Sansar either. And you know the headache of changing your email there!

I know, right? What’s next, making me ditch my AOL email? 🙀😹

• Haha 1

On 1/7/2019 at 2:08 PM, Love Zhaoying said:

I know, right? What’s next, making me ditch my AOL email? 🙀😹

You know when Yahoo got sold I was going to change my email. I use my gmail for Debi and the yahoo for Blush. But my Sansar is also yahoo. So when Yahoo did that thing I was going to just move everything to gmail, but I couldn't do that at the time because there was no way to change the email on Sansar. So I decided to just keep it until I could change my email on Sansar too. So no fair .. making me feel like I'm still in the dark ages for using yahoo!!

20 minutes ago, Blush Bravin said:

You know when Yahoo got sold I was going to change my email. I use my gmail for Debi and the yahoo for Blush. But my Sansar is also yahoo. So when Yahoo did that thing I was going to just move everything to gmail, but I couldn't do that at the time because there was no way to change the email on Sansar. So I decided to just keep it until I could change my email on Sansar too. So no fair .. making me feel like I'm still in the dark ages for using yahoo!!

Ironic that AOL now has Yahoo, I think..

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Ironic that AOL now has Yahoo, I think..

I thought AOL folded years ago. They're still around?

added: Just googled it .. interesting 2015: Verizon Communications announces a $4.4 billion deal for AOL.

Edited by Blush Bravin

1 minute ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I got this email 20 years ago. I stopped paying maybe 15 (wasn’t using modem just liked the service). I had a different AOL email address before that. iOS supports it!

You mean you really still have an AOL email????? I thought you were just pulling my leg.

1 minute ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I am not joking. When I was “coming out”, it was CominOut@aol.com (that one’s been gone 20 years). Now my email is my name+city@aol.com.

Well now I feel like an a$$. Didn't mean to imply you're in the dark ages. It's kinda cool that they are still around. :) 

• Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1908 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.