Rigged mesh breaks when uploaded.

xAngryMothNoisesx

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1360 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So I completely new to making rigged mesh (let alone any mesh) for secondlife. In blender, the rig looks to be fine, but once I uploaded a test to SL it deforms are breaks. The dog shoes I made were rigged with the help of avastar, and when exported, I made sure the preset was for a rigged item. 

First picture in in blender to show the dog shoes are rigged to the avatar. Second picture is them deformed once uploaded.

unknown (1).png

unknown (2).png

Maybe something the Avastar folks might know about, could be something related to it.  I am about to buy avastar this week, so I dunno really. 

There could be so many different things that could cause that, you could give everyone more info to go on and maybe someone knows whats up then?

When still in the uploader, does the preview look deformed? 
Does it only deform once attached?  What about if just rezzed on the ground?
Is what your rigging to in blender exactly like whats in world?

Edit: Very cute dog by the way!

Edited by Macrocosm Draegonne

On 10/25/2018 at 5:43 PM, Macrocosm Draegonne said:

Maybe something the Avastar folks might know about, could be something related to it.  I am about to buy avastar this week, so I dunno really. 

There could be so many different things that could cause that, you could give everyone more info to go on and maybe someone knows whats up then?

When still in the uploader, does the preview look deformed? 
Does it only deform once attached?  What about if just rezzed on the ground?
Is what your rigging to in blender exactly like whats in world?

Edit: Very cute dog by the way!

When in the uploader it looks fine, same if I rez them on the ground. but as soon as I put them on they all deform. And yes, what I am rigging to is the blender dummy for this avatar. I did have to rig it to bones rather then mesh. not issue if that would make issues.

And thanks! Not the maker of that avatar, just did the texture work (not the eyes tho)

33 minutes ago, xAngryMothNoisesx said:

When in the uploader it looks fine, same if I rez them on the ground. but as soon as I put them on they all deform. And yes, what I am rigging to is the blender dummy for this avatar. I did have to rig it to bones rather then mesh. not issue if that would make issues.

And thanks! Not the maker of that avatar, just did the texture work (not the eyes tho)

Well that narrows it down quite a lot as to what it could be, im still unsure what it is, but it would seem to be something is off in the numbers between the in world mesh and the dummy in blender, I really dont know enough to help though sorry.  I am just about to jump down the same rabbit hole as you are in. lol

• 1 year later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1360 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.