Voice doesn't work.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2000 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

3 hours ago, Kiwi Runo said:

What is the problem?

Realistically... Voice-spam has NEVER worked properly, as for advice on making it work, you can reset routers, re-boot your computer, burn incense before a statue of a goat headed hermaphrodite, or walk backawards, counter-clockwise around a lucky-rabbit's foot...

All are about as reliable at making voice-spam function properly when it randomly decides not to...

That being said... Do you use win10, and do you have auto-fubar-updates for win 10 enabled...

Win 10 apparently has a habit of turning off your voice when it auto-fubar-updates...

Also... Lost Connections is a sub-forum for threads about finding friends who have gone missing, not for complaining that glitchy stuff that never worked right, doesn't work right and is glitchy.

;) 

Edited by Klytyna
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Kiwi Runo said:

Gday. During this week I have problems connecting the voice. In SL settings I tried to update and restart it, but it didn't help. 

What is the problem? I ask for advice and help, TY. ?

Sometimes it times out trying to connect to the voice server at the other end. When it has happened to me it could go on for a week or two, complete hit or miss. Then eventually it just starts working again. I *suspect* it will be the same for you.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Kiwi Runo said:

Gday. During this week I have problems connecting the voice. In SL settings I tried to update and restart it, but it didn't help. 

What is the problem? I ask for advice and help, TY. ?

Check out Firestorm's Wiki page on voice issues: https://wiki.phoenixviewer.com/fs_voice. It's useful even if you don't use Firestorm.

• Thanks 1

This has nothing to do with Firestorm essentially. The voice server is hosted (to the best of my knowledge by Vivox) I have no idea what relation or agreement LL has with Vivox in collation to Voice services in the SL client.

Generally I will go to various sims as well to see if Voice does connect at other sims if it is not working in one in particular. I would suggest a sim restart too if you suspect it may be effecting the connectivity of this feature to the client.

There's a fairly short timeout on establishing voice connections. If your bandwidth and ping time are too long, or your Internet connection is too busy, the voice system won't connect in time. When I only had 6mb/s, voice worked about 50% of the time. With 50mb/s, it works 99% of the time. The original poster is posting in Cyrillic, so he's probably in Russia, with extra lag to the US servers.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2000 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.