Hide partnership on your profile?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1993 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I was wondering IF it was possible to just hide your relationship status on your profile , Just as you do whit groups ? 

i tried to look trough the forum and account settings But i did not find a direct answer other then removing the partnership , And that is not what i want.

57 minutes ago, Zoomy Yifu said:

I was wondering IF it was possible to just hide your relationship status on your profile , Just as you do whit groups ? 

i tried to look trough the forum and account settings But i did not find a direct answer other then removing the partnership , And that is not what i want.

I don't believe there is other than "removing the partnership"

I'm the opposite - make the box bigger hehe.  That name has been in my partner box for almost 10 years, I am proud of that  and would love to see the date there as well.  If you believe it should be a feature useful to the community, I believe you have to file a jira or maybe you could leave your question here 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Zoomy Yifu said:

you can't hide it but what would be the use to do so?
I'd say if you don't want it to show, just speak your commitment in person, don't use the profile feature.
Also as you perhaps know... partnerships don't "do" things in SL, it's only a name added to your profile, to show others: we belong together ... hiding it would undo the whole purpose of it.

• Like 5
  • Confused 1

The OP must be a guy, a  few months  after my partner and I partnered,  our RL schedules changed and we suddenly were very rarely on together, he eventually unpartnered me  because girls would see my name on his profile and turn  down his  advances, even though I was totally OK with him having his fun when we weren't on together. I  on the other hand never had an issue with the fact that his name was on my profile, in fact some guys seemed to take it as a challenge. He has since changed his mind  and we  are officially partnered again, even though we still don't see each other very much. I can imagine some guy wishing he could hide  it when his partner   is off line and make it show again when she logs on.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

I was on a date with a guy a few days ago.  We were dancing at a club when some girl started yelling at my date saying he was "pushing his luck" and "playing with fire" and other things until we left for a different place.  As it turns out he has the same girlfriend for 7 years.  He doesn't have her in his profile so I said yes to the date.  I have never been chased from a club before but I was that day because he hid his status.  No fun.  :(

Edited by Donna Underall
changed "his" to "hid"
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Syo Emerald said:

Why even set a partnership, if you don't want it displayed? I mean this display is all it does. Thats like painting a door red and then ask how you can make door not look red.

Likely because the "partner" demanded requested it and it keeps them in his bed.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 1

On 10/20/2018 at 8:59 AM, Talligurl said:

The OP must be a guy, a  few months  after my partner and I partnered,  our RL schedules changed and we suddenly were very rarely on together, he eventually unpartnered me  because girls would see my name on his profile and turn  down his  advances, even though I was totally OK with him having his fun when we weren't on together. I  on the other hand never had an issue with the fact that his name was on my profile, in fact some guys seemed to take it as a challenge. He has since changed his mind  and we  are officially partnered again, even though we still don't see each other very much. I can imagine some guy wishing he could hide  it when his partner   is off line and make it show again when she logs on.

being partnered never stopped a guy hitting on me, and if a guy hitting on me is partnered, I figure thats his partners problem, not mine

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/20/2018 at 8:59 AM, Talligurl said:

Really, there are some women on SL with integrity? Who would have thought it.  ; )

8 hours ago, Tarina Sewell said:

Really, there are some women on SL with integrity? Who would have thought it.  ; )

OUCH! Hey, now. LOL

I not only have me integrity, I have me principals, too. I find I am slapping groping hands a lot. You naughty boys, you. Oh, and girls, too! LOL

On topic: If I *ever* get to the point I'm willing to accept a partner label, it will be something I value and be proud to display. But in 12 years haven't met anyone worthy as of yet. I'd be dead by now if I held my breath, so, ummm, no. 

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Like 2

So it's a consensus that 'Partnership' in SL terms means marriage automatically? What about business partnerships? Many businesses DO hide who their 'partner(s)' is out of non-disclosure agreements etc. I honestly think LL should have defined this a bit better then , rather than just slap up an arbitrary context onto the user interface and profile. And if someone partners their alt ... SO WHAT! why is your business? oh that's right because LL in their hindsight never really thought this whole thing out early on as per usual.

In summary, don't assume anything on a profile as documented fact (or demented if it fits). Until LL can come up with a compromise, the only thing one can do if one wants to keep their personal or business ventures private is to simply not opt into the facilitation of the 'Profile'.

45 minutes ago, Hunter Stern said:

I honestly think LL should have defined this a bit better then , rather than just slap up an arbitrary context onto the user interface and profile.

How would they have better defined it? There is no *context* - it's just a label. The context is what you attach it to. "Partner" is the best word: business partner, BFF partner, man/woman partner, man/man partner,  woman/woman partner, human/fury partn... okay, you have me there.

"Partner makes the most sense for "linking" oneself to someone else. The most-used case is the matrimonial context, so that is often the first presumption.

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Alyona Su said:

How would they have better defined it? There is no *context* - it's just a label. The context is what you attach it to. "Partner" is the best word: business partner, BFF partner, man/woman partner, man/man partner,  woman/woman partner, human/fury partn... okay, you have me there.

"Partner makes the most sense for "linking" oneself to someone else. The most-used case is the matrimonial context, so that is often the first presumption.

They need a partnership type including “Open Relationship”.

56 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

They need a partnership type including “Open Relationship”.

That's what the first line in profile description is for. It's in both Community Standards and Terms of Service. Honest and for true!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On ‎10‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 8:02 AM, Alyona Su said:

I agree.

If you really want to define a marriage, however, all you need to do is take on your hubby's last name.

Partnership are subjective.  There are way too many ways to define a partnership.  The matter would become too complex and convoluted if LL was to try to expand upon the partnership box in profiles.  That said, where there is a will there is always a way.  But it isn't really necessary as LL provides enough narrative space in either the "About," "Picks," or "1st Life," pages to explain the partnership if one so desires.

Edited by Cheyenne Marquez
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1993 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.