What's your IRL job?

cykarushb

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1081 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 hour ago, Drake1 Nightfire said:

I am a full time stay at home Dad.. Best job in the world. 

Mad respect to you, too often (including in my own life) I hear nothing other than stories of dads just being uncaring utter d******ds. It always cheers me up to meet a dad who actually cares for their kids :)

• Like 3

**Story told in the key of ".gif"**

I started off in my family business, but quit and actually joined the military to avoid life as a mortician.

Perhaps not the greatest choice.
giphy.gif

The military found something fun for me to so...

giphy.gif

After that, and STILL not wanting to hang around creepy things - I went back to school (Business Management/Organizational Development)

I then began herding the cats.

giphy.gif

I work for a company that makes petfood. My job is to "develop talent"..... and "mentor the unwilling"

giphy.gif

I'm close to early-retirement now, and it can't happen fast enough. A lot of Real Life People are just evil...

giphy.gif

Edited by AmandaKeen
  • Like 7

Joined the military straight out of school, got assigned to some R&D section, doing "weapon analysis", on results from test firing assorted naval ordinance at ship sized chunks of basalt off the coast of Scotland, then I left the military after the Falklands war and went into IT Operations, mostly on "mini computers" the size of Italian cars, then PC Support...

Now I'm retired on health grounds...

• Like 5

6 hours ago, chibiusa Ling said:

Mad respect to you, too often (including in my own life) I hear nothing other than stories of dads just being uncaring utter d******ds. It always cheers me up to meet a dad who actually cares for their kids :)

This! I wish more guys spent time with their kids, and didn't work away and not be there. Kids don't care about money, they care about time with you. So nice to see a Dad who is with them

8 hours ago, Drake1 Nightfire said:

I am a full time stay at home Dad.. Best job in the world. 

superdad.png

Me three, love ya even more now *squishes*

BTT - I´m a house...wife-to-be, furbaby mom of 2 cats, facing retirement on health grounds - I´m a  trained transport service clerk though, worked as a office rat in all my jobs though :/

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Liana Wildmist said:

This! I wish more guys spent time with their kids, and didn't work away and not be there. Kids don't care about money, they care about time with you. So nice to see a Dad who is with them

I vividly remember camping with my parents as a kid, all of the cool new places we went. I don't remember where a single nick nack came from... Aside from the blown glass animals, those became a yearly tradition when we started camping up near Booth Bay Harbor in Maine..

child.jpg

• Like 6

I used to work in audit services. Now I'm a writer and mess around making stuff out of leather and textiles. I painted for a while but SL robs me of time I could use to paint. 

So my audit skills help me manage my inventory......a never ending challenge......and my arty side drives my creativity here. ?

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1081 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.