What's your IRL job?

cykarushb

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1102 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

29 minutes ago, Hollie Leavitt said:

What I really would like to do instead is design lingerie. I'm risk adverse though.. and my mother who was a dressmaker claims I do not have a creative bone in me!

suggest that you start with making something for yourself. Is always a good way to start this way

can be a bit frustrating sometimes at the start learning the skills and tools. But we persevere and often end up not only surprising ourselves but our mothers as well

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ellestones said:

suggest that you start with making something for yourself. Is always a good way to start this way

can be a bit frustrating sometimes at the start learning the skills and tools. But we persevere and often end up not only surprising ourselves but our mothers as well

Thanks ellestones ☺️

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Akane Nacht said:

library.jpg

When I arrived here almost 12 years ago, I fell in with a hard-working and fun-loving crowd of librarians.  Many of us have since moved on, but those librarians and library wannabees are still my closest and oldest friends in SL.  It's a good calling.  

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Hollie Leavitt said:

I'm in finance. I struggle connecting with people who are money focused, yet that is the very nature of my work.

What I really would like to do instead is design lingerie. I'm risk adverse though.. and my mother who was a dressmaker claims I do not have a creative bone in me!

Why don't you play with texture lingerie designs in SL Hollie? its Awesome fun.

(swimsuit of mine, 2009).

Snapshot_0d01.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

I'm glad you're here with us, Bitsy!

What stress/reward ratio are you looking to achieve here? I need some guidance.

Thanks Maddy. I'm glad you're here too :)

It's not really a choice I have so probably best not to think of it too much. Just take it day by day and do what I can.

On 11/5/2018 at 1:29 AM, Hollie Leavitt said:

.. and my mother who was a dressmaker claims I do not have a creative bone in me!

You don't use bones for creativity. You use magination, but not a lot of that is needed to create things in SL. You ought to try it. You might find that you're very good at it, but even if you find that you're not, you will enjoy the doing of it, which is the most important part.

• Thanks 1

On 10/19/2018 at 12:56 PM, cykarushb said:

I'm interested in hearing what various SL denizens do irl. What's your job, or if you don't have a job, what's your major hobby?

I was the president of the Central Antarctican Republic, but it started warming, the buildings melted, and the penguins left. Then I worked for a hardware store giving bad advice, but I got fired. Now I work with computers for a division of a large company that does government work.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Zennessa said:

I’m the clerk for a governing body, I take the meeting notes and I hate politics. 

Oooooh, I hope you take note whether anyone else is taking notes, and if not, take notes that reflect your personal politics, not what was actually said. You might be the most powerful person in the room Zennessa!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Just now, Madelaine McMasters said:

Oooooh, I hope you take note whether anyone else is taking notes, and if not, take notes that reflect your personal politics, not what was actually said. You might be the most powerful person in the room Zennessa!

When I used to take minutes I often got into trouble for writing down what was actually said.......................

On the creative side my mother plays the piano, my daughter plays the piano..........me? not a musical bone and how I regret that.

But I'm arty in other ways!!! haha!

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1102 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.