What's your IRL job?

cykarushb

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1082 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Oooh funnn.

I do graphic design and training workbook writing. I tried my hand at studying communications in college, but too pricey, had to quitit. :) Basically, I sit and do a lot of writing to 'splain it' to people. Easy to do when taking the time to research what needs to be said then finding the best way to say it (best words to use, etc.) - though when chatting live, like in SL or more quickly as thoughts flow (like here) it's not always so easy.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Database Engineer - though the daily work grind is getting old and thus I'm really considering retiring soon and finding a hobby to occupy some of my time.

I'm just a little bit ahead of Lil.

Retired IT nerd.  Service desk, Infrastructure, Network, Analyst and Admin.  Mix and match until it means nothing any more.  Network Infrastructure Analyst.  Sure, why not.  Did that too.

Now I am a full time Grandmother and play SL as a hobby.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

We have SQL, DB2, Oracle, MySQL..

We truly have almost every DBMS out there - I'm pretty sure that some are simply because people wanted to pad their resumes.  :S

By the way SQL isn't actually a database type - it is the language often used to talk to databases.  I'm sure you meant MSSQL (Microsoft SQL Server), since lots of people just call it SQL.  I always know though that if a job ad just says SQL for the database type, they don't really know what they are doing.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

By the way SQL isn't actually a database type - it is the language often used to talk to databases.  I'm sure you meant MSSQL (Microsoft SQL Server), since lots of people just call it SQL

The DB2 SQL looks a leetle beet like MS SQL (with ur vs. with nolock, for zample).

*edit* If someone wants to left outer join with you, iz not nice

Edited by Love Zhaoying

15 minutes ago, TatianaNikolay said:

Education and  also do some curriculum/material work on the side for some extra money that I like to use for my SL habit lol.

Habit? You non-believing blasphemer, you! SL is lifeblood necessity! *snorts* U iz doin.it rong!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1082 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.