You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1908 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm not sure if it's been suggested before, but if it has, it just concretes the fact that we need our marketplace to be tailored to our shopping trends, please!

As I'm scrolling through Marketplace, I love to see new items, but what I really miss and want is a suggestion roll-- something that knows what type of fashion I'm into at the moment or what type of products I like to purchase the latest versions of. Is there a way that this sort of application can be implemented into the marketplace? 

Something that looks at the tags of your recent purchases, or sellers you buy from constantly! 

The Marketplace, imo, is due for a facelift in the meantime anyway. xD

2 hours ago, Nadyanilo said:

I'm not sure if it's been suggested before, but if it has, it just concretes the fact that we need our marketplace to be tailored to our shopping trends, please!

As I'm scrolling through Marketplace, I love to see new items, but what I really miss and want is a suggestion roll-- something that knows what type of fashion I'm into at the moment or what type of products I like to purchase the latest versions of. Is there a way that this sort of application can be implemented into the marketplace? 

Something that looks at the tags of your recent purchases, or sellers you buy from constantly! 

The Marketplace, imo, is due for a facelift in the meantime anyway. xD

If you search the forums for marketplace you will find many long threads about it.  The correct way to suggest wishes for the marketplace is to file a jira too.  Also reading the blogs you will see they are working on marketplace changes

• Like 2

Thank you! I've searched the forums for 'website' and 'marketplace' and 'suggestions' but never came up with anything pertinent to what I was talking about. I didn't even know there was a blog. I have no idea what a jira file is or didn't have anyone to tell me where to put suggestions before or any of that. Just a poor SL player who's never bothered going to Forums until she thought of an idea and decided to try and share. 

I see they're working on changes, but not the changes I suggested. Where would I go to suggest these.. suggestions then? How do I make a Jira file? Where would I have gone to find all this information in the first place? Because that reply was pretty unhelpful and I read it as "Your post doesn't matter, just another one in a long line of MP suggestion posts, You suggested it wrong in the first place, here's a file name most people have never heard about, and also, they're changing anyway." But none of that has anything positive to do with anything I asked, just a big "you're wrong in all ways" post that never makes me want to come back to the SL forums if this is how offhanded people are treated.
Pretty much.

Edited by Nadyanilo

2 hours ago, Nadyanilo said:

Because that reply was pretty unhelpful and I read it as "Your post doesn't matter, just another one in a long line of MP suggestion posts, You suggested it wrong in the first place, here's a file name most people have never heard about, and also, they're changing anyway." But none of that has anything positive to do with anything I asked, just a big "you're wrong in all ways" post that never makes me want to come back to the SL forums if this is how offhanded people are treated.
Pretty much.

Wow.  So if someone doesn't spoon feed you the information you requested, then they are apparently being dismissive and mean.  

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Back to the original topic though -- I sure as heck hope that LL does NOT implement some sort of tracking and targeted advertising, unless it is TOTALLY OPT IN.  I get enough of that crap in RL.

Maybe..opt in for higher L$ allowance if you’re premium!!1!

1 hour ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Wow.  So if someone doesn't spoon feed you the information you requested, then they are apparently being dismissive and mean.  

I just came in offering a suggestion and was told it was wrong. I mean, all I wanted to do was be helpful and submit a suggestion, but I was smacked down from the start. 
That's all I'm saying. I didn't want to be 'spoon fed' information, I researched the net and looked for emails or contact information to directly mail to a suggestion box. 
I'm sorry I didn't see or find a suggestion box and that I came to this thread and made the mistake of placing my suggestion here. 
All I wanted to do was open up a suggestion thread. 
Either way, I guess I'm off for now. Sorry for, ah, interrupting your daily schedule. 

Edited by Nadyanilo
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Nadyanilo said:

I just came in offering a suggestion and was told it was wrong

Where did I say offering a suggestion was wrong?  I suggest you read my post again.  The one that replied to your OP giving a link showing they are working on the marketplace or even my following post showing you places where lindens will actually see your suggestion  

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Nadyanilo said:

I just came in offering a suggestion and was told it was wrong. I mean, all I wanted to do was be helpful and submit a suggestion, but I was smacked down from the start. 
That's all I'm saying. I didn't want to be 'spoon fed' information, I researched the net and looked for emails or contact information to directly mail to a suggestion box. 
I'm sorry I didn't see or find a suggestion box and that I came to this thread and made the mistake of placing my suggestion here. 
Either way, I guess I'm off for now. Sorry for, ah, interrupting your daily schedule. 

The EXACT response you were given is below.  Where were you told it was "wrong" and exactly which part are you seeing as "smack down"?

On 10/19/2018 at 2:00 AM, Cindy Evanier said:

If you search the forums for marketplace you will find many long threads about it.  The correct way to suggest wishes for the marketplace is to file a jira too.  Also reading the blogs you will see they are working on marketplace changes

You made a suggestion and the response offered ways to find out more things related to your request and how to officially make said request and also offered a thread that gives indication of LL trying to make the MP better for all.

Too many people come to the forums expecting everyone to fall over themselves giving praise and agreement with posts.  They then assume (wrongly, I might add), that they are simply being picked on because they didn't get the response they wanted.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/20/2018 at 6:36 PM, Nadyanilo said:

The Lindens aren't particularly involved with the forums. A few of them join in sometimes, but mostly it's residents helping residents and discussing things. If you take a glance through the rest of this section, you'll see that Linden involvement in this one is really just Alexa posting an occasional bit about new deploys or an upcoming web users group meeting.

You didn't find a contact email for suggestions because there isn't one. The JIRA system is the official 'suggestion box'. Even when Lindens do read here, the advice for suggestions is generally 'open a JIRA'. It's a ticket type system, not a file. There are discussion threads in the archives about using the JIRA system. If you ask questions about that, may I suggest you be open to advice and much slower to attack when it's not presented in the way you're expecting? You're learning about something which is new to you after all.

The town hall question thread kindly linked to above is another way to raise matters. This might be a more appropriate way to get your suggestion in front of Linden eyes at this time. MP does need a lot of work and several of its problems are discussed repeatedly by both consumers and merchants. Enough so that I'd be really surprised if they tried to implement your suggestion. They need to work on more fundamental matters first. Perhaps in time though....

From a technical point of view, understanding what sort of fashion you're into based on your purchase history isn't straight forward. You'll have better luck experimenting with different search strings in MP. Or joining inworld groups. Or finding SL fashion blogs and flickr feeds from those who share your preferences. Or are you wanting that instantaneous hit of buying more things immediately from your browser?

And since the forums are for residents discussion things with other residents, my reaction to your suggestion is an emphatic 'do not want'. I'm really tired of that sort of thing following me across the internet and generally getting it wrong.

I do hope that you're able to read the above as useful information. It's not an attack and I've taken the time to write it all out in hopes it might help. Either way, kind regards.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
23 minutes ago, Minx Kurosawa said:

I was wondering what LL plan to do about the overload of copybotted items on MP? It's been a huge problem.

this is asked and answered lot of times during the years, and the answer is simple : the rightfull owner has to file a DMCA

All what others can do if inform the original/owner/rights owner and he can take action. AR's and other complaints are useless.

Edited by Ethan Paslong
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Ethan Paslong said:

this is asked and answered lot of times during the years, and the answer is simple : the rightfull owner has to file a DMCA

All what others can do if inform the original/owner/rights owner and he can take action. AR's and other complaints are useless.

And that's the problem. Most don't even know and some don't even care and nothing is done. Which leaves MP looking like a hot mess.  And the sad part about it.. is a lot of newbie residence buy from them without realizing that those items are copybotted. There should be at least an option to close out those stores. Kinda like click out of something you aren't interested in it. Like on Youtube... if you aren't interested in a video.  You can click it out discreetly. It's annoying when you're on there looking for legit skin stores and you see a BOAT LOAD  of stores with copybot skin.

Edited by Minx Kurosawa

1 hour ago, Minx Kurosawa said:

And that's the problem. Most don't even know and some don't even care and nothing is done.

i'm pretty sure LL does what they have to do, if i'm not wrong it's not even their policy but Law that ties their hands, or at least partially.
ALso imagine they go take everything down that gets reported without proof... mad customers, competing stores... and so on.. now that would bring a real mess...

Edited by Ethan Paslong
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Minx Kurosawa said:

And that's the problem. Most don't even know and some don't even care and nothing is done.

As to the ones that don't know - if you notify them when you find something, then they will know. 

As to the ones that don't care - then you shouldn't either.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

it would be nice if the catalog displayed whether or not we already purchased items steam does this so you don't accidently make double purchases

also it is a bit of a shame that in world purchases are not linked to the web catalog so they do not have a paper trail sales receipt log or allow reviews of any kind untraceable anonymous

9 minutes ago, iceing Braveheart said:

it would be nice if the catalog displayed whether or not we already purchased items steam does this so you don't accidently make double purchases

This would be great, especially since there is no way to truly 'search' your purchase history on the MP.  I think I'll actually go search JIRA and add this suggestion if it isn't already there.

18 minutes ago, iceing Braveheart said:

JIRA ticket opened - feel free to vote for it:  https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/BUG-225855?filter=-2

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Oh man, coming back to this cringey first post when I was scared of forums. What an asshat, I am so sorry, y'all, lol. 

Thanks so much for the information, everyone! it's neat to be updated on stuff like this! :D

Edited by Nadyanilo
  • Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1908 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.