is a Registered account name change possible?

River Amethyst

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2015 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

5 years and 4 months ago i was working in a club as an assistant manager and we had a situation happen that forced us to let one of our djs go. Well that dj was so angry she created a fake account with my name and my partners name (at the time) and then partnered those 2 fake accounts and wrote some really awful things in the profiles, then took it further and added those fake accounts to multiple nasty disgusting group's. I have tried over the years to have those vicious accounts removed and got no where. to this day she still has the accounts and they are still partnered but my problem is when people search my name they find MY name and the fake name and i am accused of being both. i am having to constantly explain why that fake profile is there ----  i am no longer a premium member and i am willing to get another premium account if needed but i am wondering if there is a way to change my registered account name (ladyTanee Resident) to another name so i am no longer LadyTanee or confused with LadyTaneeX, and yes i have alts but LadyTanee is my first account and i have spent so much money, time and effort on this account plus she is a business and sim owner. I would hate to retire the account. If LL wont force the removal of the vicious accounts is there anything i can do on my end?

Edited by LadyTanee

5 answers to this question

There is no way to change your registered name at this moment in time. However, one of the new upcoming premium benefits will include the ability to rename your account, at a price.  There have been several forum threads about it, but you can find a summary of all the pertinent info that we currently know, here.

• Like 4

I looked at both profiles (I shouldn't have been able to but you posted another avatar's name, which you shouldn't do).  I can't really see why anyone would think the other person is you, except the names are similar.  There are many people with similar names in SL who aren't confused with each other, and most people will never have heard of you or know enough to suspect anything anyway.  All you have to do with people saying you must be both is to deny it.  If they persist, ban them any way you can and forget them.

• Like 5

I have to agree with what Garnet says. Looking at both profiles, they are incredibly different. There is no way people could mistake them as being the same person. 

If they specifically ask, just laugh it off with a simple "No, it's not me" there is no need to explain any more then that.

• Like 3

That anyone could look at an account with any name difference (and yes, adding an X is a difference) as well as a wholly different profile (typing style being the least of these differences) speaks volumes.

That you're at all worried about such low on the totem pole types also speaks volumes.

Garnet and Callum have given good advice on the "issue" - here's hoping you take it.

• Like 2

The point is, how would anyone know the other account even exists. If  I see you somewhere I'll just look at your profile, I won't search it. I suppose if my visitor detector showed your name i might search it, but you are a stranger, I'd not give the other name a second thought, and 10 minutes after I looked you up, I'd probably have forgotten you exist.

I agree with the others, you are making much too much of this.

*considers iming the other one to invite her to one of her parties*

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2015 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.