Question about Linden labs and sl?

cuddles Silverblade

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2011 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

ok my brother logged onto my sl account on my computer and sent a message to my sl ex his chat was bad it went against the sl tos and few days later I got a im message from someone he said he was the the sl police and he does the banning of accounts blocking of mac addy  and saying that I need to pay lindens to him to prevent him from banning my account for so many days but all of my sl friends say that he is a scammer a that LL don't make anyone pay to prevent from the banning of ip from sl my question is, does that sound like he is a scammer or is he working with LL? his av name is [REMOVED]

Edited by Dakota Linden
MODERATOR EDIT: Identifying information removed
  • Like 1

5 answers to this question

6 minutes ago, cuddles Silverblade said:

ok my brother logged onto my sl account on my computer and sent a message to my sl ex his chat was bad it went against the sl tos and few days later I got a im message from someone he said he was the the sl police and he does the banning of accounts blocking of mac addy  and saying that I need to pay lindens to him to prevent him from banning my account for so many days but all of my sl friends say that he is a scammer a that LL don't make anyone pay to prevent from the banning of ip from sl my question is, does that sound like he is a scammer or is he working with LL?

He is a scammer.  LL are the only ones who can ban your account and they would email you officially explaining why.  Though letting someone else use your account is not sensible and you should change your password and take steps to stop that happening again. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

• Moderators

Hi!

Please ensure that you submit an Abuse Report against the other user immediately.

This is done through the viewer by clicking on Help - Report Abuse. 

Include the text of the messages that were sent to you by the other user.  The fields on the AR are limited, so please feel free to submit multiple AR's if you need to, in order to include the text from the chat.

You will receive an automated confirmation email within 5 minutes after your report is submitted. 

The Governance Team will then investigate your report as quickly as possible. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

19 minutes ago, cuddles Silverblade said:

ok my brother logged onto my sl account on my computer and sent a message to my sl ex his chat was bad it went against the sl tos and few days later I got a im message from someone he said he was the the sl police and he does the banning of accounts blocking of mac addy  and saying that I need to pay lindens to him to prevent him from banning my account for so many days but all of my sl friends say that he is a scammer a that LL don't make anyone pay to prevent from the banning of ip from sl my question is, does that sound like he is a scammer or is he working with LL?

The Lindens would never ask for payment - they would just ban you and send you an email with a very vague statement why - payment would never change their mind. Clearly a scam and if what you say is true I bet he won't be in SL much longer (As that has a good chance of getting him banned)

Edited by Fionalein
  • Like 1

Heh...it's probably your brother logging in with an alt and giving you a hard time.  It is most certainly NOT Linden Lab.

• Change your password
  • Un-check the "remember my password" box on your log in screen, and ALWAYS type in your password manually.
  • Password protect your account on your computer, too.  You don't want your brother coming by when you've stepped out for a snack and seeing what you've been up to.
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2011 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.