Need some help in finding free shapes other than Market place

TrinityLake

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2017 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi there My name is Trinity.

I was wondering if anyone knows where I might find some freebie teen like shapes in world. I am  new to SL and still exploring its vast lands. The Market Place is great and I was able to find a good portion of free adult shapes on the market, how ever I have not found any freebie teen shapes as of yet. So um . . yeah I am trying my hand at asking all of you fine people for some help. Thank you for your help and time in advance.   

16 minutes ago, TrinityLake said:

I was wondering if anyone knows where I might find some freebie teen like shapes in world. I am  new to SL and still exploring its vast lands.

What age were you hoping to roleplay Trinity? Teen covers a lot of ground in the body you use and the proportions.

A 13 year old has a vastly different shape to a 19 year old.

This is going to be the most unsatisfying answer, with the most satisfying conclusion, ever. As easy as it is to have someone else make a shape for you, you are going to always be uncomfortable in your own skin until you learn how to make your own. 

The best tutorial I've found so far is currently offline, so I'm googling for other options. But the problem is that SL's base avatar is severely disproportionate to RL anatomy, and takes some careful finessing. Penny Patton wrote an excellent article on the subject that is still relevant now.

http://pennycow.blogspot.com/2011/08/matter-of-proportion.html

Here's another oldie, but goodie, from a friend of mine writing on the same theme: https://catnapkitty.wordpress.com/2011/06/15/getting-good-body-proportions-in-second-life/

As these are articles talking about body proportions in representative and figurative art, there may be illustrations of body parts. You have been warned. 

Also, your choice in third-party mesh bodies has a big effect in how to proportion your avatar. You didn't mention if you've made the jump to mesh, though. 

Edited by Blaise Glendevon
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I totally agree with Blaise. Proportion is difficult in SL. You can get my free proportion kit which has tools for helping with body proportion and facial feature alignment as a free gift in the Maitreya Lara Friends group. Just look in group notices. The kit is always there, unless I fail to see it's slipped off, but typically it's there. You can shoot my main, Debi Baskerville, a message for help in-world with the kit.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2017 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.