To all Genus head users:

Marianne Little

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1499 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Sadly, not that I know of. Genus skins, unlike LOGO, are for Genus only. Genus does work with omega, though; although personally, I've been unable to find an omega skin I like on the Genus head. The eyes and lips always end up looking too strange to me. Omega makeup works okay most of the time so far, though. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Most that are made for Genus are from the skinnery..So you could look and see if there is an omega version there..

The demo is pretty plain Jane as far as features.. It's just three heads with a different tone each on them..No hud or anything and you can't really change anything on it other than the sliders..

The skin I'm using is from skinnery called Nadine in ebony tone..It was the first skin I ever got for my genus head and really could have stopped there..because for me I really don't wear any of the other skins I've bought for my Genus..

The head is really nice and there is a lot of freedom with the sliders.. But  I never tested the demo out..I was waiting for the beta to get released and nabbed it up when they re-released it and it being updated to omega..

For me it's my favorite head..but that's me and how it feels on me..It probably not for everyone though since things like this are subjective..

But if you are looking for Genus skins made for Genus that might possibly work with other heads..Skinnery is where you will find them to see if they have omegas  or versions for those head..:)

Zoe eyes_001

• Like 2

Sadly, Genus Project skins only work for the Genus head. 

Dont give up on the head though. Just keep messing with the head shape. There’s a lot of play with the sliders, so you can look radically different with it.

Ceka and I both use it and we look. Completely different looks!

I looooove the Genus head. Mudskin creator has another store if I'm right and she have been posting some skin conversions on her Flickr that look amazing, even male skins. The only thibg that made me stop wearing it is the lack of built in animations. I know they are working on nice moods/emotions for the head, the Genus creator often share her WIP on her Facebook

• Like 1

On 10/15/2018 at 3:48 AM, Ariel Vuissent said:

The eyes and lips always end up looking too strange to me. Omega makeup works okay most of the time so far, though. 

On 10/15/2018 at 12:40 AM, Marianne Little said:

I don't have a Genus head. I see they are popular. Some very fine skins made for it lately.

Do head appliers made for Genus work on other heads? LeLutka and/or Catwa with Omega relays?

Status quo: unless the advert says there is an Omega version included that that's that. I am seeing many skin creators who were even exclusive to Catwa creating "conversions" to Genus (I settled on Atelier Pepe myself) - which is a shame because creating an Omega applier is like two clicks of the mouse.

ANYWAY, I just wanted to say that I have tried dozens of old Omega skin appliers I have from over the years and every one of them applied to the Genux head (and mesh body) flawlessly. Though, in short, if it uses a Genux applier then that applier only works for Genus.

I tried the genus Demo, too and I also wasn't impressed. But I decided to take the plunge because of the 1500L "Beta Discount" and holy smackers, Batman! That demo is a pathetic representation of what you get and what the head can do, though I agree 2500L is nothing to sneeze at in experimentation.

The main complaints I see right now is that the Neck Fix doesn't fit correctly (on anybody,) The back of the head is too small, so some hairs wont fit right depending how they're made, and there is a pronounced neck seam caused by the Materials feature (glossy head goes all the way to the bottom of the neck) - which creates a contrast (hence the "seam") - which I fixed by setting the skin to "Glamour" mode and turning the opacity of that down to 10% = seam is "acceptably" invisible.

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/16/2018 at 7:51 AM, Sylvannas Zulaman said:

I looooove the Genus head. Mudskin creator has another store if I'm right and she have been posting some skin conversions on her Flickr that look amazing, even male skins. The only thibg that made me stop wearing it is the lack of built in animations. I know they are working on nice moods/emotions for the head, the Genus creator often share her WIP on her Facebook

I actually confused with how Mudskin made male skin for Genus head, because I tried the demo and the head is floating like it need omega neck for it, and the head shape is too "girly" as well. Was doubt with it till now :/ 

• 3 weeks later...

Yokasta, the store just opened today and it's bound to be packed for a few days. I do wish they had a take home demo but I bet if you wait a few days it'll be a lot easier. There has been a lot of anticipation for their heads.

Besides the Skinnery and Mudskin, I've seen a few others doing Genus skins like Revoul, DeeTalez, and I *think* Lisa Walker just put one out but I might be wrong on that. There are definitely others, but those are ones I can think of off the top of my head.

8 minutes ago, Clover Jinx said:

They used to have one you could take. Wonder why they changed? Oh maybe for the new animations but that's just silly. 

My sushpishus side says, “creator who only allows store demos is still tweaking product as bugs are reported” (and doesn’t want bad reviews from early release demos being “out there”).

• Like 5

New Genus head has been released, it's called "Baby Face".

Good news for those who have bought the first Genus project beta head:
Besides getting the full first head (now called "Classic Face") without any additional cost they will also get the new "Baby Face" head totally free.

From store notecard:
"And one more, a small surprise. We know that many of you wrote and asked about the new head Baby Face. It will be available for purchasing at the mainstore at the price 5500L$ as well as Classic head. And for everybody who previously purchased BETA for its earlier price, you will receive Baby Face head through the redelivery absolutely for FREE as a gesture of thanks from us!"

This is the "Baby Face" head.
2018-11-20_Genus-Baby-Face.thumb.jpg.6cc80fdd1aa4ece3f25009b8b41d2468.jpg

Edited by Coby Foden
  • Like 4

9 hours ago, Mirah Vieria said:

Yokasta, the store just opened today and it's bound to be packed for a few days. I do wish they had a take home demo but I bet if you wait a few days it'll be a lot easier. There has been a lot of anticipation for their heads.

Besides the Skinnery and Mudskin, I've seen a few others doing Genus skins like Revoul, DeeTalez, and I *think* Lisa Walker just put one out but I might be wrong on that. There are definitely others, but those are ones I can think of off the top of my head.

One awesome skin creator I never see mentioned is Atelier Pepe - they have updated all their body skins and created native Genus Project appliers for all their Catwa faces and the Genus applier also has options for with or without brows, with or without hairbase, and optional Lashes applier, Blush applier, and Lip Gloss applier.

I am wearing Atelier Pepe "Moonbeam" shade. The best I've found after searching for months (for the look that I have been trying to achieve).

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Coby Foden said:

And for everybody who previously purchased BETA for its earlier price, you will receive Baby Face head through the redelivery absolutely for FREE as a gesture of thanks from us!"

Yes, this was an amazing surprise! Though I'll likely stay with the "Classic Face" (which appears to be the new name for the original) - it's always fun to have more to play with and a 5500L head for free? Yayus!

Edit to add: Coby, your look in that picture is spot-on for a native Hawai'ian girl - beautiful of the most high. :) 

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Thanks 1

I unboxed mine last night. I’ll have to mess with the baby head some other time, like do a shape. I tried it with my shape and....the name is apt. I looked 14. I mostly spent the night helping people in their group chat and trying out the animations. The group chat always cracks me up! They’re going to need CSR 24/7.

I might mess around with it to do an Asian look. I’m getting Asian vibes from the baby head right now.

The animations are off to a good start. I’m sure they’ll add more.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TatianaNikolay said:

I played around with it too. I used a Genus/maitreya shape that I already had and I liked that look. I'll have to play with it more. And of course I didn't snap a pic lol.

Yeah, I just tried it on and slapped the same skin on it and ended up looking like a child version of myself lol!

Didnt take a picture either!

Edited by janetosilio
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1499 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.