Advice for Avatar - Mythical Creature

LaraSitharia

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2008 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi there. I started a new account for a mythical being avatar, and am not only looking for help building said avatar, but also for people and groups that are a part of the same style community (IE if there is somewhere inworld to go where mythical/ethereal beings are appreciated)

I don't really have a limit on how much I want to spend for my mythical being, though I was hoping to stay within a $40 USD ranger (which would be about 10000 L$ right now) and I'm looking for good wings, good horns, good skins, good hair, and good head!

I found Horns like the ones from this blog https://thebeautifulmachine.com/2016/06/05/the-trinket-horns/

and this one: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/P-Vynn-Horns-Ram/6021701

I've found some apparently good feather wings (though they are a little larger than I had wanted)

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/SP-Ascendant-Wings-Fallen-Smoke-22-BENTO/8465060

.:.CoCoChes.:.Sexy Succubus Costume (Omega, TMP, Lolas, Brazilia, etc, Wowmeh, Slink, Physique, Lush, Eve, Doll applers)

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/CoCoChesSexy-Succubus-Costume-Omega-TMP-Lolas-Brazilia-etc-Wowmeh-Slink-Physique-Lush-Eve-Doll-applers/6331540

I want to make my avatar look like this complete avatar in a way, the shape, and the wings/tail are really what I'm looking for. Just wanted some guidance on how to piece together a good quality avatar..

Any advice would be appreciated, and recs for products you use. I'm not used to this whole mesh system thing yet, but am slowly figuring it out.

Edited by LaraSitharia

This is demon me:

2018-10-15_002a.thumb.jpg.72b05c4521202b40cfc29d06d379ba95.jpg

• Feet and tail by Murder of Ravens
  • Horns by REMARKABLE ♦ OBLIVION
  • Wings by Eternal Conflict

I am wearing Maitreya Lara body with LeLutka Bianca head.  For the body shape you seem to want i would pick a Belleza body instead.  They can do massive curves without extra part needed.  Below is about as big as the Maitreya body will go.

2018-10-15_003a.thumb.jpg.500ff1099cc10a4fda089240a950817d.jpg

• Like 1

Or try Slink Hourglass.

You know that the outfit you link to is at least 3 years old, the review is from 2015. The ad also say that they have Wowmeh, Phatazz and Lolas appliers, and that is outdated. I would say: Don't purchase things who list those three parts. It is a true tell that it is old. Especially since it is not updated for Maitreya. Old, old, old.

I am not sure if there is any bloggers who blog succubus stuff, but much of the stuff released this time of the year is for Halloween-themes and it is so much that can be used for a succubus. This blogger in particular, is very much in blogging the new stuff, and I bought many things after I saw it here. https://inventoryepisode.com/

Visit http://seraphimsl.com/ and see all the fairs and events. Like the Dark Style Fair and Salem.

There are Maitreya only things in the avatar appearance market. Many things in the genre sexy, black/red outfits.

Take a look at the Marketplace again and compare Maitreya to others bodies. I would say that if you can make the curves big enough on that body, you should go for it. I have Hourglass on an alt, and it's not difficult to find things for her. But she still have to skip all the "Maitreya exclusive".

Murder of Ravens...

Bento Tails, no question.

Also check out Lumae, in-world, for fantasy skins, they are having a sale on their Eirtae fantasy skins (last years range), there's 18 to choose from, and 100 ls each, including all the appliers you might need for whatever mainstream body/head combo you might decide on.

590cb3f4c58f7_UpontheBuildPlatform.thumb.png.a3b966dc3418c811f56310311d9bb6d9.png

5 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

There are Maitreya only things in the avatar appearance market. Many things in the genre sexy, black/red outfits

Search in-world again for a store called "Voluptas Virtualis"...

They do a whole bunch of raunchy outfits suitable for Succubi, Demonesses, Drow, etc.

Rhonda appears to be wearing one of theirs...

• Like 2

Thank you for the help so far everyone :)

Yah the picture in the first post is of an older full avatar, which is why I am looking for recommendations to build one similar to that one, but new. I'm slowly figuring out the pieces of building an avatar, the head part is the only part I'm really struggling with, both hair and mesh heads...

2 hours ago, LaraSitharia said:

the head part is the only part I'm really struggling with, both hair and mesh heads...

Heads are confusing to everyone at first.  Hair I would think is easier to get a handle on.  What is giving you problems?

Most mesh hair is rigged so it is just wear and go.  Most have a HUD to change color with.  Some have an extra style HUD to change features like which side a part is on.  There are also many great places for hair.  Truth, Excess, Little Bones, Wasibi Pills, Magika, No Match, Analog Dog and too more for me to name right off the top of my head.

Let me send you a sample from Truth that has some of everything in it.  Yes, it is more complex but it will have more to play with.  This will be brunette colors.  Other color HUDs are available but this will do for starters.

Try it out and let me know how it works or let me know of any problems you may be having.

• Like 1

On 10/15/2018 at 11:41 PM, Rhonda Huntress said:

Heads are confusing to everyone at first.  Hair I would think is easier to get a handle on.  What is giving you problems?

Most mesh hair is rigged so it is just wear and go.  Most have a HUD to change color with.  Some have an extra style HUD to change features like which side a part is on.  There are also many great places for hair.  Truth, Excess, Little Bones, Wasibi Pills, Magika, No Match, Analog Dog and too more for me to name right off the top of my head.

Let me send you a sample from Truth that has some of everything in it.  Yes, it is more complex but it will have more to play with.  This will be brunette colors.  Other color HUDs are available but this will do for starters.

Try it out and let me know how it works or let me know of any problems you may be having.

I think the biggest problem for hair is the fact that there ARE so many great options that I don't know where to go with it. 

Thanks for the demo!

Edited by LaraSitharia

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2008 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.