Jump to content

̶W̶H̶O̶ ̶W̶I̶L̶L̶ ̶A̶W̶A̶R̶D̶ ̶M̶E̶ ̶M̶Y̶ ̶2̶̶̶0̶̶̶0̶̶̶t̶̶̶h̶̶̶ ̶3̶0̶0̶T̶H̶ ̶R̶E̶P̶U̶T̶A̶T̶I̶O̶N̶ ̶P̶O̶I̶N̶T̶?̶?̶ I WANT TO THANK ALL THE LITTLE PEOPLE . . .


You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 727 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Recommended Posts

I just had no idea about any of this stuff.  Having said that I did win the day a bit back, and was shocked, pleased and embarassed to read that in my profile.

Oh well, I'm a lesser person not only in the size and complexity of my Inventory, but I also now know that I'm like fourth division in reputationsl terms amongst the towering giants of the forum.....who drone on a lot more than me. Haha!

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

At some point within the next 24 hours -- or less -- some unknowing but vastly fortunate soul will have the HONOUR (and a small but significant place in history) of awarding me my 200th community repu

AH HAH!! It has begun. A NEW ERA DAWNS OVER THE FORUMS!!! Fools! Did you not understand what you have been about?!?!? Did you not see who I am? TEN YEARS in the making, I have begun my

Do you have any idea just how hard that is, Skell? Do you?!

Posted Images

OMG Madelaine, giving me a 'like' for that expression of gibberish!  How can you continue to participate in this miasma of corruption taking place under our very feet, on the forum soil?
*Anymore of this wanton display of emoticon excess and I am referring you to Emoticon Anonymous!    ;0

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

OMG Madelaine, giving me a 'like' for that expression of gibberish!  How can you continue to participate in this miasma of corruption taking place under our very feet, on the forum soil?
*Anymore of this wanton display of emoticon excess and I am referring you to Emoticon Anonymous!    ;0

Earlier in the thread, I said I was going to like every post in this thread. I didn't say I was going to read them.

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Madelaine McMasters said:
24 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

OMG Madelaine, giving me a 'like' for that expression of gibberish!  How can you continue to participate in this miasma of corruption taking place under our very feet, on the forum soil?
*Anymore of this wanton display of emoticon excess and I am referring you to Emoticon Anonymous!    ;0

Earlier in the thread, I said I was going to like every post in this thread. I didn't say I was going to read them.

Ok, well if you are going to participate in this emoticon corruption process, joining naughty Scylla in circumventing our TRUE knowledge of reputation status, then I will too, and you will be responsible for this turn of depravity.
I will give a 'thanks' to everyone on the thread...and continue till its end...

EDIT* I'm afraid fatigue and boredom set in, could only give thanks to 2 pages...

Edited by Luna Bliss
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/13/2018 at 2:26 PM, Madelaine McMasters said:

...stabs you with her trident, sets you on fire, stabs your ashes, then brushes them off the edge of the skybox she rezzed, just so she could have something off of which to brush your ashes.

Maddy, aren't you overreacting a tad?  After all, you ARE the Mother of The Daves.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Lindal Kidd said:

Maddy, aren't you overreacting a tad?  After all, you ARE the Mother of The Daves.

Me? Overreact?? Are you serious??? How dare you, Lindal!!!!

Besides, it was an immaculate conception, my gestation period was just over an hour, and octopi fetuses don't talk in the womb... or at all.

(...drops a hydrophone in the ocean and sends a message to her kids to eat any Kidds they encounter.)

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I read the fine print.  Fortunately, octopi can't spell, either, so they'll probably just eat each other instead of me.

But maybe I will wait just a little while to put out the Giant Octopus Monster that is part of my usual Halloween decorations for Masocado.  I never asked him his name, but it might be...Dave.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't wish to poke my pinkie into the bell-end of anyone's tiny trumpet, but reputation points, in isolation, are meaningless and possess zero significance.

The true worthiness quotient of a forum member =Z
X=community reputation (reputation points)
Y=content count (post count)

X/Y=Z

In summary:
If Z>1 (greater than one) you may consider yourself worthy.

If Z<1 (less than one) don't be ashamed, you're simply less appreciated and of less value.

At time of posting, my value is 4.46 B|

Edited by Candice LittleBoots
p.s. No bleating from those who littered the forum prior to the new rep era.
  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Candice LittleBoots said:

p.s. No bleating from those who littered the forum prior to the new rep era.

lol

I'm sure most of the "litter" blowing around these parts are too well-behaved and diplomatic to "bleat."

I, on the other hand . . .

 

herd of sheep.jpg

ETA: I don't think anyone who really cares about community and individual contributions to it sees such a crude metric as an appropriate or accurate way to judge "value."

Edited by Scylla Rhiadra
Baaaaaa
  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/13/2018 at 11:14 AM, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Awwww! Well, aren't you just the biggest sweetheart ever, Ivanova! Thank you, and hugs!

Oh, I've never entirely left this place, and I'll be around. I'm actually in-world (a bit) for the first time in 4 years or so, so that's a thing.

 

Serious question.

Was it worth it for you to log back in after being gone that long? I've been gone close to that and have been debating logging in again for about a year now. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Selene Gregoire said:

 

Serious question.

Was it worth it for you to log back in after being gone that long? I've been gone close to that and have been debating logging in again for about a year now. 

Yes, I think so? It fact, it's been kind of a hoot. Although ALSO surprisingly intimidating!

To be clear, I've had a week with much more leisure than is usual, and I know that my in-world time is going to be significantly constrained beginning, well, tomorrow. So I consciously decided to use this week to catch up with the new mesh tech for my avi and her clothes, so that when I DO find a few spare hours and then to log-in, I can get right down to doing the things I want to do, and not worry about shopping, and so forth. (That said, and though I've never been a big shopper, I've enjoyed that element! The new mesh clothing is mostly pretty fantastic, and it's been fun remodeling my avi a bit. But I don't want to make that a priority in the future -- and if you're not interested in updating, I don't think it's entirely necessary anyway.)

Of the three main things I want to do now that I'm back, I've been able to do two already. The first is reconnect with old friends. That part has been wonderful. A few of those old friends (such as Maddy) I've kept somewhat in touch with here, but some I haven't spoken to in 8 years or so. And even for those I've had contact with, the in-world dynamic is so different than exchanging DMs and posts that it's been worthwhile spending time in-world. (Perhaps Maddy can concur, or not.)

The second thing was dancing, generally combined with reconnecting. I've always enjoyed that, and it was fun to do it again.

The third thing was catching some in-world art. I haven't done that yet, but I'm really looking forward to it.

You were probably just wanting a "yes" or "no," right? ?

Yes. But I suppose it depends on how much of value you'll find still waiting for you in-world!

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Ok. Explanation please!

(I need all of the intel I can get on Maddy.)

It was a long time ago; I thought you were still here. Maybe it happened shortly after you'd been pulled away. It's not a long story, but the fun Maddy and the rest of us had stringing it out afterwards could fill volumes. For instance: this guy right here? He was a Dave. Maddy was terribly proud.

 

Edited by Dillon Levenque
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Yes, I think so? It fact, it's been kind of a hoot. Although ALSO surprisingly intimidating!

To be clear, I've had a week with much more leisure than is usual, and I know that my in-world time is going to be significantly constrained beginning, well, tomorrow. So I consciously decided to use this week to catch up with the new mesh tech for my avi and her clothes, so that when I DO find a few spare hours and then to log-in, I can get right down to doing the things I want to do, and not worry about shopping, and so forth. (That said, and though I've never been a big shopper, I've enjoyed that element! The new mesh clothing is mostly pretty fantastic, and it's been fun remodeling my avi a bit. But I don't want to make that a priority in the future -- and if you're not interested in updating, I don't think it's entirely necessary anyway.)

Of the three main things I want to do now that I'm back, I've been able to do two already. The first is reconnect with old friends. That part has been wonderful. A few of those old friends (such as Maddy) I've kept somewhat in touch with here, but some I haven't spoken to in 8 years or so. And even for those I've had contact with, the in-world dynamic is so different than exchanging DMs and posts that it's been worthwhile spending time in-world. (Perhaps Maddy can concur, or not.)

The second thing was dancing, generally combined with reconnecting. I've always enjoyed that, and it was fun to do it again.

The third thing was catching some in-world art. I haven't done that yet, but I'm really looking forward to it.

You were probably just wanting a "yes" or "no," right? ?

Yes. But I suppose it depends on how much of value you'll find still waiting for you in-world!

lol Well, yes, sort of on the yes or no, but, I'll take what I can get. :D

Thanks. You've almost talked me into it. Almost. ;)

Maybe tomorrow after the job interview. :ph34r:

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Selene Gregoire said:

lol Well, yes, sort of on the yes or no, but, I'll take what I can get. :D

Thanks. You've almost talked me into it. Almost. ;)

Maybe tomorrow after the job interview. :ph34r:

In some ways, the biggest part of it for me was, weirdly, the sense of being intimidated. It's not actually a small emotional investment to re-enter a world in which one has made so many very real connections.

Give it a shot. Actually, give it two or three shots: it's actually difficult to know how one feels about it until one is at least a bit comfortable there again.

What have you got to lose?

(And give me a shout if you do get back in again!)

PS. Sorry. I'm very verbose. Always. My friends almost forgive me for it.

Edited by Scylla Rhiadra
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

In some ways, the biggest part of it for me was, weirdly, the sense of being intimidated. It's not actually a small emotional investment to re-enter a world in which one has made so many very real connections.

Give it a shot. Actually, give it two or three shots: it's actually difficult to know how one feels about it until one is at least a bit comfortable there again.

What have you got to lose?

(And give me a shout if you do get back in again!)

PS. Sorry. I'm very verbose. Always. My friends almost forgive me for it.

My sanity? Or what's left of it. xD

I remember how verbose you are. lol  You probably won't remember me though. I've been a resident since 2004, but, this is the longest I've ever been gone. Most of the people I knew left before I did so I'll be starting over as far as friends go. Is there a such thing as a n00b oldbie? If not, there just might be starting tomorrow. ^_^

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Candice LittleBoots said:

I don't wish to poke my pinkie into the bell-end of anyone's tiny trumpet, but reputation points, in isolation, are meaningless and possess zero significance.

The true worthiness quotient of a forum member =Z
X=community reputation (reputation points)
Y=content count (post count)

X/Y=Z

In summary:
If Z>1 (greater than one) you may consider yourself worthy.

If Z<1 (less than one) don't be ashamed, you're simply less appreciated and of less value.

At time of posting, my value is 4.46 B|

3.56

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 727 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...