Spammed with urls

Peace Darkbyrd

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2021 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hi I am trying to add a load an url to a prim in SL...this script:

{ 
touch(integer total_number) 
{ 
llLoadURL(llDetectedKey(0), "Second Life homepage", "http://Secondlife.com"); 
} 
}

I am running through the tests because it is not working and it says when I hold down the touch button that I am being spammed with URLs.  Any help?

Tests are on this page: http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/LlLoadURL_Test

Edited by Peace Darkbyrd

Congratulations!  It works perfectly.  Nice web page too.  :)

To make it easier to read and debug scripts, you should get into the habit of using indentations and white space consistently, so your scriopt looks more like this:

{ 
    touch_start(integer total_number) 
    { 
        llLoadURL(llDetectedKey(0), "Homepage", "http://www.rebecca.kesler.co.uk"); 
    } 
} 

If you use the little code widget at the top of the edit window here (the symbol looks like < > ), that will also put your script in a neat box.

2 minutes ago, Peace Darkbyrd said:

It still isn't working for me :(!  Any help?

Except for the default Support Group questions:

1.  Is the script set to Running?

2. Are you in a region/parcel where scripts are allowed?

I have no idea.  This is a dirt simple script, so there's not much to debug.  When it's "not working", what does it do?  Or not do?  As I said, it works perfectly for me.

Hi,

Script is running.  Mono is off and yes it's attached to the object!  I'm at my rented sim home so yes it is allowing me to rez and I checked with other scripts and these are running.  When I logged in I did notice that the internal browser had a server error but the object with the script attached is not even opening this.

That's odd. I never use the internal browser, because it has been buggy in the past.  You might try directing your viewer to use your default external browser and see what happens.

It's generally smart to compile LSL scripts in Mono, BTW.  That's the default for any script that you create in world anyway (as opposed to scripts that you write in inventory and then drop into a rezzed object).  Mono has definite advantages aside from being the default.  It gives you a 64k workspace instead of a mere 16k, and it recognizes all instances of the same script in a region, letting them use a common block of server resources.

Aha, one I can answer!  To set your viewer to use an external browser, see the following:

Firestorm viewer.  Preferences, Network&Files tab.  Check either the first button (like mine) or the second one (like Rolig's).

Capture.PNG.c9090334cf2e11592031608f63610d6f.PNG

Second Life stock viewer:  Preferences, Setup tab.  Same choices.

Capture2.PNG.50dfe4659d4d5671d67511ddbcb06c84.PNG

I'm afraid I am out of ideas.  I assume that the script at least opens the dialog box, offering you a button to go to the web site.  If it's doing that, then the problem isn't in the script.  ( In fact, since the script works well for me, we already know that much.)  There's somethnig odd about your browser or your Internet connection.  I can't begin to guess what it is.

Hi, Thanks for getting in touch.  Just rezzed it in another rez area and this didn't work.  I tried adding the script to another cube and it didn't work.  I altered the script to in new prim cube (6 sided!):

{
state_entry()
    {
        llSay(0, "Hello, Avatar!");
    }
        touch_start(integer total_number) 
    { 
        llLoadURL(llDetectedKey(0), "Homepage", "http://www.rebecca.kesler.co.uk"); 
    } 
}

It came up with hello avatar nothing else.

Edited by Peace Darkbyrd

This really is not making any sense.  That prim was working exactly as it should when I sent it to you.  The script was running and it opened your web page cleanly.  You're doing something different, but I have no idea what it is.  I'm at work now or I would pop over to wherever you are to see what's going on.  I love a good puzzle, but this one has me stumped.

Thanks Rolig for your help!  Look forward to meeting you.

Have a great day and thanks everyone!

Just to let you know a friend tried the URL on my sim and it worked for them...just not me which means its my side not the scripting...phew!

Edited by Peace Darkbyrd

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2021 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.