Profile 'About Me' is Broken

LittleMe Jewell

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1820 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

@Tommy Linden - The Profile 'About Me' appears to be broken.  If we write something in the About Me section and save it, we will then see an About Me tab when viewing our profile:

image.thumb.png.a3a619abb41ad02e2c897116329c0be9.png

However, if anyone else views the profile, they don't see the About Me section - which seems to sort of defeat the purpose of typing anything in there.  This is what my alt sees for my profile - no About Me tab

image.thumb.png.8286bff51a41d253e0b1c2bda105cfaa.png

• Thanks 4

It was after 9:30 PM in California when LittleMe tagged Tommy, and approaching 5:30 AM there now. Isn't he allowed a life and some sleep? (I know, for what we pay LL their employees should be available 24x7. ? )

Edited by Parhelion Palou
Time conversions are such a pain.
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

It does not appear your tag attempt was successful. @Tommy Linden.

Thanks - not sure why mine didn't actually "tag" him.

10 minutes ago, Parhelion Palou said:

It was after 9:30 PM in California when LittleMe tagged Tommy, and approaching 5:30 AM there now. Isn't he allowed a life and some sleep? (I know, for what we pay LL their employees should be available 24x7. ? )

I think Love was simply referring to the fact that my "@" didn't actually tag Tommy for some reason - thus despite the time of day, he wouldn't get a notification.

• Like 1

Does it make a difference if you just type the name without actually selecting it from the list that usually pops up?

Testing:  @Phil Deakins (typed, not selected)  and @Phil Deakins (selected from list)

Yes, that seems to make the difference.  I'm pretty sure I simply typed his name and didn't actually bother selecting it from the list since I knew the spelling was correct.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell

Interesting. I'm pretty sure that even when selecting from the list, it hasn't usually stayed orange. It did at the start, but then it stopped doing it. Sometimes it stayed orange when posted, but when you came back the orange had disappeared. And sometimes it was orange while you were writing a post but the orange vanished when posted it. I noticed it because I always prefered the orange.

Edited by Phil Deakins

• Administrators

If I am not mistaken, we actually turned this feature off, as it would require a fair amount of additional moderation on our part. I don't recall this being a utilized feature before, but if I am wrong, and everyone has been using the About Me section up until this point, please let me know. If not, then I stand by my original thought in that it was intentionally turned off.

• Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Tommy Linden said:

If I am not mistaken, we actually turned this feature off, as it would require a fair amount of additional moderation on our part. I don't recall this being a utilized feature before, but if I am wrong, and everyone has been using the About Me section up until this point, please let me know. If not, then I stand by my original thought in that it was intentionally turned off.

Personally, I never used it before.  Someone asked about it in another thread and it made me curious so I started messing around with it.  

If it is shut off, it shouldn't be able to be filled out.

As far as usage is concerned ... I cannot speak for anyone other than myself: I've used it to make my sig line a bit more clear while adding a tiny blurb. Personally I find it far more useful than knowing who visited a given profile or who a user is friends with.

Edited by Solar Legion
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Solar Legion said:

who visited a given profile

People will find I have visited a profile and think I am nosy when in truth I have hovered my mouse randomly and clicked their little picture by accident by being too heavy handed and dammit go back go back to the thread I was reading.  9 times out of 10 :/ 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Cindy Evanier said:

People will find I have visited a profile and think I am nosy when in truth I have hovered my mouse randomly and clicked their little picture by accident by being too heavy handed and dammit go back go back to the thread I was reading.  9 times out of 10 :/ 

I actually am nosy  ?

• Haha 2

• 6 months later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1820 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.