Can't Sit Down

Gina Chrome

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1983 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

7 hours ago, Gina Chrome said:

Does anyone else have the problem that they are unable to sit on anything on their land? This means poseballs and avi sit and even just a prim box? Our sim has had this issue for almost a week now and it was supposed to be fixed but it started again?

I don't know if it is the same issue, but weeks ago a friend had something weird happening at the region she owns. Whenever she was there, everyone sitting were forced to stand up. It only happened when my friend was there.
After inspecting almost everything around the sim, they found out it was a grief script that had been dropped into some object that would check if the land owner was present, and if she was then all avatars were forced to stand.
So I suggest that you have a look at all scripts running in your land, especially in objects shared with the group.

Note: have a look at the wiki article http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/LlUnSit

Edited by MBeatrix
additional info
  • Thanks 1

Are you by chance using RLV? or have anything that could have some kind of control over-rider in it? there are some functions that block sitting so that you cannot get off something by getting onto something else. There have been situations where people have used the free opensource scripts from collars etc and broken them up to use in non RLV related ways but have kept some parameters in that did not behave how intended. 

I suggest trying returning to ruth avatar and then see if you have the same issues.

Yes, I am sure some pieces of furniture have RLV, but it does not matter what furniture you try to sit on and it is the entire sim and everyone that comes or rents there, not just me. You can also rezz a prim and try to sit on it but it pops you back standing.  Nothing works for anyone. When the sim is restarted, everything works for a hour or so and then it stops again.

Ok, found it through profile stalking :D

Region is MYSTERIUM
All parcels on the region are affected.
It's definitely a malfunctioning or a griffy llUnsit script - you can't even ground sit on that region.

Finding the culpret object or objects containing the script is like finding a needle in a haystack.  LL support should be able to find them for you though.

On 10/19/2018 at 12:01 AM, Gina Chrome said:

They solved mine yesterday. It was a scripted that was placed in a shared item. We have since made sure that there are no shared items on the sim.

Yes, exactly what happened at my friend's sim.
It's OK to have shared items as long as you have set closed enrollment for the group, I mean joining the group by invitation only. That will save you a lot of trouble. ?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1983 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.