Do you think you are an interesting person in SL?

Bree Giffen

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1995 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

5 minutes ago, Akasha Sternberg said:

but.... but... I´m just a lil weird critter....of course I´d never question your judgement  (I know better...) hm maybe I really should leave it to you, Maddie, @Sukubia Scarmon, @Clover Jinx and @Rhonda Huntress to decide as a jury?^^ You gals are probably the best judges^^

There's no such thing as an uninteressting person to me - everyone has something that makes them unique and interessting, be it small or large.
I don't know you that wellyet , but I can tell that you are an outgoing person with a bright personality. You are compassionate. You have somewhat uncommon hobbies, in which you put a lot of heart and effort. You have your own sense of style. Those are all things that make you interessting.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Sukubia Scarmon said:

There's no such thing as an uninteressting person to me - everyone has something that makes them unique and interessting, be it small or large.
I don't know you that wellyet , but I can tell that you are an outgoing person with a bright personality. You are compassionate. You have somewhat uncommon hobbies, in which you put a lot of heart and effort. You have your own sense of style. Those are all things that make you interessting.

?? I´m really not that outgoing^^ just amongst people that make me feel less alone in my weirdness^^

• Like 1

Well let me see...

* Set up my own resell business just three weeks after joining and made over 300,000 Linden dollars inworld

* Helped to clear Public Sandbox Island of griefers, almost single handedly - there isn't a griefing tool that wasn't used against me!

* Have been a tireless advocate of justice for insolvent residents; incentives for business owners who help new residents with money trees, free sandboxes inside their stores, donations, etc; 'Fair Wages for SL Work' (pay DJs what you owe them!!); and permabanning of racists

* Once completed a walk across the entire mainland.

...pretty interesting, overall!

• Like 1

Hah!  If you'd asked me that question back in 2008, I'd have said...yes, I'm very interesting!  Back in those days, I did a LOT of SL sight-seeing and I participated in a lot of inworld activities and events (oddly enough, the one which just popped into my head was when @Perre Anatin and a friend built the Laurentia Tower:  http://forums-archive.secondlife.com/327/e7/273608/1.html.).

But nowadays I do much more standing around in my living room, lol

Edited by Maureen Boccaccio

I think if someone were to follow me around with cameras all the time,it would throw me off balance.. I don't even like  people aiming their phones at me to take a picture.. hehehehe

I think if they were interested,they would lose interest really quick. Because I can't concentrate really well with people sitting there watching me..:$

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Akasha Sternberg said:

but.... but... I´m just a lil weird critter....of course I´d never question your judgement  (I know better...) hm maybe I really should leave it to you, Maddie, @Sukubia Scarmon, @Clover Jinx and @Rhonda Huntress to decide as a jury?^^ You gals are probably the best judges^^

Oooh, we get to be both judge and jury?  With four judges, a tie is possible, ya know.

I hereby relinquish my seat and apply for executioner.

• Haha 5

21 hours ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

I'm gonna go out on a big limb on the presumption tree and ask... what about friends who's opinions you value, but don't trust?

I'll wait for your response before I find you interesting... or not.

Value but don't trust?

It's all a spectrum really, the extent to which any individual's opinions have proven reliable or not, or reliable in some areas but not others. I've known people who were smart and insightful but got off on using that in damaging ways. I'll give them credit where it's due and distance when it's necessary.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Maureen Boccaccio said:

Hah!  If you'd asked me that question back in 2008, I'd have said...yes, I'm very interesting!  Back in those days, I did a LOT of SL sight-seeing and I participated in a lot of inworld activities and events (oddly enough, the one which just popped into my head was when @Perre Anatin and a friend built the Laurentia Tower:  http://forums-archive.secondlife.com/327/e7/273608/1.html.).

Me too.  It's just a fact of the mesh revolution...by the time you're finally dressed, the party's over and it's time to log off.  Thanks for that trip in the Wayback Machine, Mo, I had forgotten about the Tower!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lindal Kidd said:

Me too.  It's just a fact of the mesh revolution...by the time you're finally dressed, the party's over and it's time to log off.  Thanks for that trip in the Wayback Machine, Mo, I had forgotten about the Tower!

This is one of the reasons why my main is still system. I log into SL to talk to other people and see their creativity. Every moment spent fussing with my own appearance steals time from more interesting things. And the days I spent trying to find a mesh body which suited me....

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Bitsy Buccaneer said:

Value but don't trust?

This is what happens when Maddy fishes for a compliment.

Now we're locked in disagreement. She finds you vexing. I find you interesting.

You could cement that disagreement by finding me interesting and her vexing.

I hope this clears things up.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Lindal Kidd said:
22 hours ago, Maureen Boccaccio said:

I lived in the Forgotten City's Lighthouse for five years. Most of my in-world time was spent "balancing" on the ottoman in front of the fireplace, IMing friends across the grid. Now I try to drag the locomotive out of The Far Away while chatting with friends across the grid.

1 hour ago, Bitsy Buccaneer said:

This is one of the reasons why my main is still system. I log into SL to talk to other people and see their creativity. Every moment spent fussing with my own appearance steals time from more interesting things.

Exactly. Until I can afford the large blocks of time that creating in SL requires, I don't want to waste what little time I have noodling on myself.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1995 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.