Noxody

Connecting Cards question

Question

If I choose to purchase SL Lindens (I've been considering linking a card for the first time), is it possible to:

-Get "bills" Online? (AtM in a home situation where I CANNOT Get paper billing for this kind of thing)

-Remove the card after say, a week, after I've bought the Linden I need?

Just wanting to buy the amount I need and then pull the way to pay so nobody else--or me, accidentally--can buy linden.

3 answers to this question

40 minutes ago, Noxody said:

If I choose to purchase SL Lindens (I've been considering linking a card for the first time), is it possible to:

-Get "bills" Online? (AtM in a home situation where I CANNOT Get paper billing for this kind of thing)

-Remove the card after say, a week, after I've bought the Linden I need?

Just wanting to buy the amount I need and then pull the way to pay so nobody else--or me, accidentally--can buy linden.

There are no "bills".  Your L$ transaction history and your account billing history are only ever available online - though you can download them.

Yes, you can remove the card - you can remove it right after the L$ purchase happens if you wish.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 1

As LittleMe says, there are no bills.  Instead, LL automatically charges your card...whether that is for a specific thing, like buying some $L, or a periodic charge, such as for Premium membership or land tier.

While you CAN register and validate a credit card, buy some $L, and then remove the card, I don't recommend it.  It's WAY too much trouble.  In my opinion, the best thing to do is to open a PayPal account, verify it ( back it up with a credit card or a RL bank account), and transfer enough money from your RL account into your PayPal account to meet your Second Life needs.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Lindal Kidd said:

nd transfer enough money from your RL account into your PayPal account to meet your Second Life needs.

One note on this part:  If the PayPal account is backed up by a credit card rather than a bank account, I would not transfer funds from it to PayPal.  That would likely be viewed as a Cash Advance rather than a Purchase and you'd have to pay the associated fee (and potentially a higher interest rate if you maintain a balance on the card).

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 2