Using a Telehub on Land with Rentals

Ladivamp

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2024 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have a homestead split into two parcels - one is the main beach area and the other is for private rentals.  Each rental land is partitioned to give renters privacy.  The beach area requires membership, so if someone does not have the group tag, they get moved into the private rental area which was causing a problem.  To stop this I set up a telehub so everyone comes into the same location.  Is there anyway that renters can tp directly to their homes with the telehub set up?  If not, do I need to separate teleporters - one for the beach members to move around the beach and another for those renting with renters tags to get to their homes?  

1 hour ago, Ladivamp said:

I have a homestead split into two parcels -

Throw the Telehub away, it's an obsolete piece of crap, it's 2018 not 2008...

You have two parcels... In the About Land panel for each parcel, you will find an option to set a fixed landing point for the parcel, set the LP for the rental area somewhere in the rental area, set the LP for the beach area to the same spot in the rental area...

People with the beach area's group, *should* be able to TP in normally, people who don't have that tag, won't, they will end up on the rental area.

8 hours ago, Ladivamp said:

The beach area requires membership, so if someone does not have the group tag, they get moved into the private rental area which was causing a problem.

Yeah, it's a bit problematic. Randoms will be moved into the rental parcels are they are the only accessable parcels on the region.

1. You can set up groups for the rental homes and lock those to members. This is not ideal as renters then need to invite and eject friends. People still get upset about being ejected.

2. Use an orb on the beach.

8 hours ago, Ladivamp said:

To stop this I set up a telehub so everyone comes into the same location.

A region can only have one telehub. It's real purpose these days is to spread people randomly around a landing zone more then force a landing zone - it's something I wish event organisers would learn to use as it would stop everyone landing on other people's heads.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2024 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.