You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 866 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

On ‎10‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 1:30 PM, Phorumities said:

kind of sounds like all the peoples swallowed up by soviet expansion.

nice

Yeah, that's one way to look at it. Another way is to look at it like the Romans came out on top in the big street rumble. Rome vs. Carthage was *not* Russia vs. Lithuania. The Romans beat people that could have, and sometimes nearly did, grind them underfoot. The Soviets were just a land grab.

Also, maybe the Romans would have stayed home if the Gauls hadn't originally sacked their city. :)

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This post has been here for a whole hour and nobody has posted this yet?! *tsk*  

If you played SL, instead of procrastinating on the forums, then you would have SL things to discuss! Of course you will reply "I am studying, and don't have time to play video games" as you have

I..I..*shuts up*

Posted Images

13 minutes ago, Spin Barbosa said:

Yeah, that's one way to look at it. Another way is to look at it like the Romans came out on top in the big street rumble. Rome vs. Carthage was *not* Russia vs. Lithuania. The Romans beat people that could have, and sometimes nearly did, grind them underfoot. The Soviets were just a land grab.

Also, maybe the Romans would have stayed home if the Gauls hadn't originally sacked their city. :)

thats fine but my real point is that being occupied and forced to live under foreign control is not the same as touchie feelie feel good multiculturalism that is promoted as the cure for all the ills of modern life.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 866 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.