You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1989 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

5 minutes ago, Fionalein said:

I wonder of we can still save this thread by rerailing it into the "make friends" topic:

So, what Rome sims do you think are best to meet some history buffs?

Not sure, but maybe there’s a Rome module with the Paradise Blanket..will check in a day or so.

I'm not sure why anyone would 'hate' the Roman Empire. It happened, it can't be undone, it's been almost two millennia since - get over it. As for wanting it back... I know a guy who wanted it back. Let's not try that again, hm?
Image result for adolf hitler

• Like 1

Paradise Blankets?  Are those still a thing?

It doesn't have Paradise Blankets, but there's a re-creation of Pompeii that's a fascinating place to visit.  As I recall, there is, or was, also a large and active Ancient Roman roleplaying region.

Maybe if Nappy would actually go explore Second Life, he could use Search to find places like the above.  Since he says he loves ancient Rome, he should definitely check that out, instead of trollposting here.  But by his own admission, he only played SL briefly out of curiosity. 

45 minutes ago, Lindal Kidd said:

Paradise Blankets?  Are those still a thing?

It doesn't have Paradise Blankets, but there's a re-creation of Pompeii that's a fascinating place to visit.  As I recall, there is, or was, also a large and active Ancient Roman roleplaying region.

I looked long ago and it was still on the MP.

On 10/9/2018 at 9:11 AM, Callum Meriman said:

If you played SL, instead of procrastinating on the forums, then you would have SL things to discuss!

Of course you will reply "I am studying, and don't have time to play video games" as you have before.

But the point is, my dear Boney, you are not actually studying. You are wasting time on these forums.

Heeey I been spending more time here than logged in SL. Well it's easier to post here than to log in on mobile but at least I post SL related stuff! ?

3 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Could you post some details, in case Napoleon decides to use Second Life again?

I would but I think moderators here don't see with good eyes talking about role play sims as it's considered advertising, so I'd say, just log in and search for Rome, there are at least 2 sims that I remember of.

Edited by Sylvannas Zulaman
  • Like 1

You should watch shows like Spartacus or Rome, they're pretty fun (though I can't be sure how accurate they are)

I definitely think the Roman Empire is interesting to read about - it's surprising how diverse it actually was, and how richly the culture developed. Having said that, it's easy to be "nostalgic" for a time you never lived in because we often romanticize the past. It's easy to forget the associated problems with imperialism. Also easy to take for granted all our modern amenities like toilets and such ?

So I wouldn't actually want to live in that time period. I definitely think near-future/cyberpunk is more my thing, especially since I can see our world heading there. I like spending a lot of time exploring sims like that in-world too. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Phorumities said:

Rome was pure evil because they had slavey doncha know.

Yes but to be fair, they didn't always enslave their opponents. Sometimes they enjoyed a little bit of genocide instead.

You could of course ask a Dacian about their opinion on the Roman empire. That is, you could if the Romans hadn't exterminated them to capture their gold mines.

Edited by ChinRey

2 minutes ago, ChinRey said:

You could of course ask a Dacian about their opinion on the Roman empire of course.

To be fair, the typical Dacian response to seeing a Roman was to run at them, screaming, while waving a rather brutal two handed cutting weapon called a Rhomphaia, and chop off the Romans arms, legs, and head...

That's why Trajan's Column in Rome has carvings of Legionaries in a different style of armour to the rest of the men, specifically as "Anti Dacian Homicidal Rhomphaia Loony" troops...

warrior_a.jpg

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Klytyna said:

To be fair, the typical Dacian response to seeing a Roman was to run at them, screaming, while waving a rather brutal two handed cutting weapon called a Rhomphaia, and chop off the Romans arms, legs, and head...

Ah, those were the days! ^_^

Does anybody really want to go back to that time? Maybe if you were lucky enough to end up at the top of society but there's hardly any chance of that. And even if you did, better watch your back and trust nobody.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ChinRey said:

Yes but to be fair, they didn't always enslave their opponents. Sometimes they enjoyed a little bit of genocide instead.

You could of course ask a Dacian about their opinion on the Roman empire. That is, you could if the Romans hadn't exterminated them to capture their gold mines.

Sorry, but the only reference to Dacian gold  I found was this.

https://www.daciangold.com.au/site/content/

Are you sure the Romans invaded Australia?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1989 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.