You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1988 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I am wondering how many friends here either love or hate the Roman Empire?

I know that some people here may share interests about the Roman Empire and how the twin bothers, Romulus and Remus were nursed by a mother wolf near the land the Roman Empire would be born. Romulus killed his brother, Remus, bathed in his blood, and founded Rome. Before Rome, there were the Etrucians and the Etrucian kings. After the Roman Empire expanded its lands, their power became shaky and split into Eastern Roman Empire and Western Roman Empire. Their end had come later on.

Here is my quick opinion about it. Hopefully, some of you here may share something in common with other commentaires here.

The more I read or watch stuff about Rome, the more I wish that the empire was still around. The fall of the Roman Empire makes me very sad because it meant it's the end of a great empire. However, going to Roman-themed places make me fall in love with them instantly because I have this strong unexplainable affection towards the Roman Empire. I can't explain why and I still can't explain about my strong affection of Rome. It's a long story. Architecture, government, great emperors, generals, military, etc.

2 hours ago, Fionalein said:

Napoleon - if you really wish it were still around, why did you end it?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holy_Roman_Empire

Personally I do not want the Old Rome back. They placed their toilets in their kitchens...

Holy Roman Empire?! They’re actually a different people just like their Eastern sister, the Byzantine Empire. They are primarily Franks, Germans, Gauls, etc. The Holy Roman Empire was the Pope’s attempt to revive the original Roman Empire by crowning Charlemagne as Emperor. They’re not the same people because they had different religions, government, etc. Ancient Rome was not Roman Catholic at all. Their religion was Roman Mythology, which included Jupiter, Venus, Neptune, Mars, etc. They, at first, had a Republican government until they switched to emperors.

1 hour ago, EmpereurNapoleonBonaparte said:

They, at first, had a Republican government until they switched to emperors.

Go read Syme's "The Roman Revolution".

It was/is the main text book for the Age of Augustus... The transition from the utterly corrupt Dumb-o-Cratically Elected Oligarchy of the Late Republic to the Imperial Rule, by abusing Dumb-O-Cracy, and accepted Republican institutions...

Roman Imperators are basically nothing more than Republican Consuls  AND Peoples Tribunes, for Life, with an honorific title which gives them the right to speak first on any issue in the Senate, so all the Senators KNOW which way the Man With The Soldiers wants the vote to go, and that if they vote against his wishes, before he send the soldiers for them, he'll simply use his Tribune's Veto to cancel the vote...

It's the whole basis of the Imperator's power, Speak first, cancel any votes you lose, and enforce the votes you win as head of the government and army...

As Darth Sidious once said "Power! Unlimited Power! Bwahahahahaha!"

One word of warning about Syme's book, it was written in the 1930's by a retired British Army officer, who firmly believed in the "superiority of Empires", and this comes across in his book quite clearly.

Their religion was Roman Mythology, which included Jupiter, Venus, Neptune, Mars, etc.

That was the OFFICIAL State Cult, but Romans tended to have quite a lot of religions... Hellenistic Mystery Cults were quite popular, and most Romans would happily sacrifice (or in Jerusalem pay a Hebrew Priest to sacrifice) to local deities on a "belt and braces" approach.

Ancient Rome was not Roman Catholic at all.

Heads UP... Rome INVENTED Roman Catholicism, that's why it's called Roman Catholicism...

Constantine's MOTHER was a convert to Christianity. She spent a fortune in tax payers money buying religious artifacts, including the so called "Fragment of the True Cross",  and started a fashion, practically creating the Nazareth Tourist Industry all by her self.

Her son, made THREE religions Official State Cults, Cult of Christ for the slaves/and some peasants, the Cult of Sol Invictus for all the other civilians, and the Cult of Mithras for the Army, to create...

Darth Sidious wrote "...A safe and secure society..."

Contrary to Christian propaganda, he him self wasn't baptised until he lay on his death bead, too ill to refuse.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

If you look at who created the thread, you can see a pattern.

yeah it's  like  he is one of those people  who just posts to drive up  his post count.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, EmpereurNapoleonBonaparte said:

Me? I don’t know what to talk about, so I talk about stuff that I like.

If you played SL, instead of procrastinating on the forums, then you would have SL things to discuss!

Of course you will reply "I am studying, and don't have time to play video games" as you have before.

But the point is, my dear Boney, you are not actually studying. You are wasting time on these forums.

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Also..the Holy Roman Empire has nothing to do with the topic “make friends”. Perhaps try creating topics in “General Discussion”.

What? The Holy Romans weren't friendly?

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, EmpereurNapoleonBonaparte said:

I am wondering how many friends here either love or hate the Roman Empire?

I know that some people here may share interests about the Roman Empire and how the twin bothers, Romulus and Remus were nursed by a mother wolf near the land the Roman Empire would be born. Romulus killed his brother, Remus, bathed in his blood, and founded Rome. Before Rome, there were the Etrucians and the Etrucian kings. After the Roman Empire expanded its lands, their power became shaky and split into Eastern Roman Empire and Western Roman Empire. Their end had come later on.

Here is my quick opinion about it. Hopefully, some of you here may share something in common with other commentaires here.

The more I read or watch stuff about Rome, the more I wish that the empire was still around. The fall of the Roman Empire makes me very sad because it meant it's the end of a great empire. However, going to Roman-themed places make me fall in love with them instantly because I have this strong unexplainable affection towards the Roman Empire. I can't explain why and I still can't explain about my strong affection of Rome. It's a long story. Architecture, government, great emperors, generals, military, etc.

Rome was founded, maintained, and died by murders. LOL

I got this from (ironically) a new Netflix series called "Great Empires" (I think, released this week) and the first episode is all about Rome's Emporers and the murderous shenanigans of them all. 

1 hour ago, Love Zhaoying said:

“Locutus” does sound Roman, doesn’t it?

Don't forget the *Romulan Star Empire* with the planets ROMULUS and REMUS. :) (Gene Roddenberry specifically created that Star Trek faction on based on Romans).

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Callum Meriman said:

If you played SL, instead of procrastinating on the forums, then you would have SL things to discuss!

Of course you will reply "I am studying, and don't have time to play video games" as you have before.

But the point is, my dear Boney, you are not actually studying. You are wasting time on these forums.

Played SL? I did that for a little bit because I was curious about it.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1988 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.