Mesh gets distorted in SL

Ark Vuckovic

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2019 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello guys,

I have a problem which I can't figure out. I've created a dragon mesh in Blender 2.79. My plan was to have beads on the wing tips and one in the eye. So, I used a UVsphere for that. It looks ok in Blender as you can see on the picture bellow.

image.png.597524c899b7a254898e1ced7864c76c.png

Then I went to Beta grid. When I uploaded the model it didn't looked as expected. All beads got distorted.

image.png.1bfd7395e73ba2702af92ff08d1cc194.png

I tried to separate the beads and upload as separate file or as one model (beads included), but result is still the same. Can you explain to me how to handle this problem. Seems like SL is distorting my UVsphere. One more thing. The sphere is small only 3 mm in diameter.

Thank you.

Typically this would be because there are MINIMUM sizes of objects that the uploader will accept. It is difficult from your description (for me anyway) to know exactly how you uploaded.

If you LINK ALL THE PARTS together with "Join" it will probably upload correctly.  If not, then folks need more info.  Very small things like jewelry are also often linked to a larger invisible cube to help with the LODs (how well we can see things from a distance).

50 minutes ago, Ark Vuckovic said:

The sphere is small only 3 mm in diameter.

Yes, that's it. The smallest size a mesh can have in SL, is 1x1x1 cm. That is for the mesh as a whole, not the individual triangles.

The workaround is the one Chic suggested: add some invisible geometry to increase the nominal size. There shuldn't be any need for a whole cube though - that's just jewelry makers being sloppy - a single trinagle is enough.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

Typically this would be because there are MINIMUM sizes of objects that the uploader will accept. It is difficult from your description (for me anyway) to know exactly how you uploaded.

If you LINK ALL THE PARTS together with "Join" it will probably upload correctly.  If not, then folks need more info.  Very small things like jewelry are also often linked to a larger invisible cube to help with the LODs (how well we can see things from a distance).

It was joined, as matter of fact. But it didn't make any difference.I will try to make a root prim as you suggested.

Edited by Ark Vuckovic

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2019 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.