DeepBlueJoy

How do I give a gift premium membership to someone?

Question

I want to give my friend one year's membership in Second Life.  How do I do that?  I am already a premium member and I want to share the love. 

Thank you!

7 answers to this question

You contact your friend in RL and send her  the cash, along with a nice card explaining how you are intending your gift to be used.  You cannot register in SL for someone else because the account owner is responsible for all account activity, not you.  The account owner must accept the TOS and be responsible for any violations that may occur.  She is responsible for paying all bills as they come due. You cannot make those commitments on your friend's behalf.  She has to do it herself.

• Like 3

Technically you don't. Rolig explained why. Also, ToS prevents the obvious ways to gift an account. But, you have created an account so you know how it is done. You have all the information you need to figure out a gifting process.

On 10/7/2018 at 7:22 AM, DeepBlueJoy said:

I want to give my friend one year's membership in Second Life.  How do I do that?  I am already a premium member and I want to share the love. 

Thank you!

5 hours ago, Nalates Urriah said:

Technically you don't. Rolig explained why. Also, ToS prevents the obvious ways to gift an account. But, you have created an account so you know how it is done. You have all the information you need to figure out a gifting process.

Actually, You can:

So just open a support ticket and ask for it - I expect that you need to name the avatar *account* name to gift it to, and you will need to specifically say that it is okay to CHARGE YOUR ACCOUNT for the cost.

I recommend you have at least $72 in your account as a credit (not Linden Dollars (L$) - but actual U.S. Dollars, that way there is no chance of payment info SNAFUs or glitches. If you already have the credit in your account it should all go slick as snot.

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Alyona, you are a Research Wonder!  I too had always thought it was impossible to gift a Premium membership.  Thank you for sharing this.

Edited by Lindal Kidd
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Lindal Kidd said:

Alyona, you are a Research Wonder!  I too had always thought it was impossible to gift a Premium membership.  Thank you for sharing this.

Yep, I remember it came up in “that” thread! Alyona rocks!

@Lindal Kidd and @Love Zhaoying - thank you.

It's actually kind of strange to me... My RL requires a LOT of research on things (because legal accuracy, etc.) so I have a little practice in finding stuff. Because of this, I have a weird memory: if it's information I found more than a couple days ago, I lose track of timeline; I couldn't tell you if it was a week, a month, or five years ago. But I *do* remember the content of it and generally where I'd found it. I just apply that to here. ~Beams~

Edited by Alyona Su