Can an Avatar Sit on a Chair on My Avi's Head?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2021 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Okay, I asked this question in a "builder's group"...."Can an Avatar Sit on a Chair on My Avi's Head?   I got mixed answers but the answer except for one person who messaged me in private was:  "No, an avatar CANNOT sit on something an avatar is wearing."  The person who messaged me in private said "yes, an avatar can sit on a chair my avatar is wearing and explained a little to me which I did not understand what he was saying though.

I want to create this 'wear the chair' on the head as part of a Halloween party build.

So, I need to know the answer to my question or else give up.  And, it's a cute idea...I don't want to give up.

So, can an avatar sit on a chair on my avatar's head?  (As long as it's land that allows scripts, of course, and YES the chair is animated for sits.)

edit:  p.s. I went to a sandbox to see if anyone was there who might try to sit on the chair on my avatar's head, but there were no avi's there to ask.)

Edited by FairreLilette

No. Why did you not accept the previous answer? An avatar cannot sit on something another avatar is wearing. 

That being said, there are popular tools that let an avatar “stand” on another avatar’s head; nobody says you can’t modify one of those (if full perm) scripts to “sit” instead of stand. Then, if they are sitting on your head but you are wearing the chair, depending on offsets it may appear they are sitting in the chair.

See? The answer is “no” but there are possibilities. 

Other possibilities: If you able to rez a poseball (or rez the chair instead of wearing it), then you could maybe do it. But you could not walk around..

I myself developed a “vehicle” couple’s poseball that may work, and others sell such things..but you’d have to be able to rez that and not wear it. (My creation is not available.)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

No. Why did you not accept the previous answer? An avatar cannot sit on something another avatar is wearing. 

That being said, there are popular tools that let an avatar “stand” on another avatar’s head; nobody says you can’t modify one of those (if full perm) scripts to “sit” instead of stand. Then, if they are sitting on your head but you are wearing the chair, depending on offsets it may appear they are sitting in the chair.

See? The answer is “no” but there are possibilities. 

Other possibilities: If you able to rez a poseball (or rez the chair instead of wearing it), then you could maybe do it. But you could not walk around..

I myself developed a “vehicle” couple’s poseball that may work, and others sell such things..but you’d have to be able to rez that and not wear it. (My creation is not available.)

Okay, Love...yes, the person who message my in private explained something like a vehicle...but it sounds too complicated.  I kind of felt there were ways to possibly do this, but it sounds like a hassle.

Why may I ask can a person not sit in a chair on your avatar's head when two avatars can kiss for example.  I mean, kissing is close...so, why not be able to sit in a chair the avatar is wearing?

The vehicle thing sounds a little complicated to me at this time.  I don't understand it yet.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, FairreLilette said:

Why may I ask can a person not sit in a chair on your avatar's head when two avatars can kiss for example.  I mean, kissing is close...so, why not be able to sit in a chair the avatar is wearing?

If the chair is attached to you, it is simply and merely not possible as part of the limitations of “Second Life”. Please don’t ask “why” beyond that. Some things are not part of the features designed into SL.

1 minute ago, Love Zhaoying said:

If the chair is attached to you, it is simply and merely not possible as part of the limitations of “Second Life”. Please don’t ask “why” beyond that. Some things are not part of the features designed into SL.

I thought it might be something like a limitation...I was suspecting perhaps to avoid griefing.  Gawd, it's still cute though!  Sad, just sad.  

Just now, FairreLilette said:

I thought it might be something like a limitation...I was suspecting perhaps to avoid griefing.  Gawd, it's still cute though!  Sad, just sad.  

Search the marketplace carefully, I 100% guarantee you will find something close to what you want. Try different keywords. Include “couples” in your search.

12 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Search the marketplace carefully, I 100% guarantee you will find something close to what you want. Try different keywords. Include “couples” in your search.

Okay.  Oh, I hope so!  So, I am going to attach a picture.

See the chair above my avatar's head.  There may be a way to get an avatar to stand on the chair above my head? 

Okay, now I will go search couples.  I am not really sure what to look for though.  

Snapshot_374.png

Edited by FairreLilette

54 minutes ago, FairreLilette said:

"Can an Avatar Sit on a Chair on My Avi's Head? 

Well, it all depends on what you mean by "on my avatar's head".  In that picture you posted, the chair is not on your head.  It's above it.  You might be able to script a follower that targets a spot directly over your head.  If you are standing still or moving fairly slowly, it will hold that position.  It's only when you are running or flying that it will start to lag behind.  And, of course, it will not be able to follow if you teleport and it may have some difficulty with region crossings.  In any case, a passenger can certainly sit on your follower.

• Like 1

I have a HUD that puts someone "attached" to your head, basically you make an avatar sit on another avatar's head, but the animation played depends on the one the sitting avatar has on the moment. So you could use a HUD like that and ask the person to play a simple sitting animation and then move the throne position so it looks like someone is sitting on it.

Edited by Sylvannas Zulaman

4 hours ago, FairreLilette said:

So, can an avatar sit on a chair on my avatar's head?  (As long as it's land that allows scripts, of course, and YES the chair is animated for sits.)

Yes. Basic Follower.

But there are two problems, one is they will need to rotate themselves manually the other is when you move they will be lagged a little. After yoiu stop moving they will catch up and sit back on the chair.

Okay, I'm getting this a little.  

What I need to do is make the chair a follower not a wear object.  

This is new to me, followers, so I need a little time to understand it.

That's cool though.  I like this follower thingie, though don't know how to work it yet.  Very cute for pets, fairies, etc.

Thanks much everyone!

@ Rolig, yes the chair is above my avatar's head.  I wanted the avatar to sit on the chair (I am wearing) above my head, not on my head.  Sorry, if I mis-worded that.  However, that cannot be done.  I need to make the chair somehow a follower,  not a wearable.  That's what I'm getting so far.

Edited by FairreLilette

For the chair to be a follower, you’d have to be in a region that allows rezzing of objects. Another option is to have your friend wear the chair (not you), have them lock into “sit animation” to make it look as if they are sitting on the chair, and have them wear a follow script.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2021 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.