TMP Server

agentronin

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1827 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I read about TMP having their own server to get around Linden Lab's TOS. Suppose TMP this server shuts down. What would happen to items I purchase from TMP?. Are these items totally in my Inventory, or do they continue to be dependent on the TMP server for use after purchase?

I am asking because the TMP Deluxe Mesh Body is offered at a very low price right now. 

The TMP server is used to apply the various colours and textures that you load up into your Style Mode HUD. If the servers are switched off, everything that you've applied a texture or colour or skin to will be stuck like that and you will no longer be able to change it. This applies to skin, eyes, makeup, clothing, footwear, etc.

A word of advice about mesh bodies, especially with regard to TMP: that specific body is barely being created for anymore. There is always the risk of those servers being switched off and you being left unable to customise your body (or any of its clothing etc) anymore. My advice would be - if money is tight - to save up for a mesh body that is actively being worked-on, updated, and created-for. TMP is not that body.

• Like 4

I have that body from when I first started to get into mesh bodies..It was my,expensive lesson well learned body..

You would do yourself a favor by looking for one of the mesh bodies that keep themselves updated..They tend to have much much more designers/creators support..

The TMP body, I don't believe has ever been updated since I've had it, and I've had mine for a few years now..

Do not waste a single L$ on TMP their server could go poof with out warning and your base TMP body and any clothing bought from them will be left exactly as you last changed it in the style HUD. I like to look round the various shopping events that are around and i have seen more new stuff have Classic Av sizes and compatibility included than i have TMP i don't think anyone is bothering to create for the body anymore.

My alt uses the free version and i have a copy too i think they removed the free one but i do find from time to time a TMP owned server sends out messages to free body owners trying to get them to buy the L$500 body. If being a worse body than the top 3 body brands isn't bad enough it actually used to have an extra 0 added on to the price so it was nearly twice as much as better supported and developed bodies

Unless you can afford to fritter away L$500 on something that as far as i know isn't being developed and doesn't include bento don't, you would be better off taking that L$500 and putting towards a better supported mesh body, eBody has two dollarbie bodies available and Alatmura are known to do free bodies neither are as well supported as the top 3 and will be feature limited but are perfectly adequate until you have saved enough for a body

• Like 1

Even when TMP was at its peak, product support was lackluster at best. The body came out sometime in 2013 and remains in BETA to this day. I'd also suggest saving your money, and investing into another body which is more widely supported and has a proven track record.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
On 10/6/2018 at 12:11 PM, Skell Dagger said:

The TMP server is used to apply the various colours and textures that you load up into your Style Mode HUD. If the servers are switched off, everything that you've applied a texture or colour or skin to will be stuck like that and you will no longer be able to change it. This applies to skin, eyes, makeup, clothing, footwear, etc.

A word of advice about mesh bodies, especially with regard to TMP: that specific body is barely being created for anymore. There is always the risk of those servers being switched off and you being left unable to customise your body (or any of its clothing etc) anymore. My advice would be - if money is tight - to save up for a mesh body that is actively being worked-on, updated, and created-for. TMP is not that body.

For those of you who don't know, TMP has finally released new bodies, but they are expensive, L$5,000 each. Question for anyone who has actually bought the new Legacy and Classic bodies from TMP: is it still true that you rely on the TMP server for changing skintone, etc? If that is still true, then it's a clear strike against it right there. As Skell said, if TMP ever takes their server down, you're screwed. You're really better off to shop elsewhere. Even an upgrade from the older TMP bodies to the newer models costs L$2,500. 

https://ryanschultz.com/2019/04/23/the-mesh-project-releases-new-male-and-female-mesh-bodies-why-i-wont-be-buying-one/

Edited by Vanity Fair

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1827 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.