Photos

CarlyCaress

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1789 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

7 answers to this question

24 minutes ago, CarlyCaress said:

I have a question on how to transfer my pictures I took on SL.. They are in my photo area inventory. I opened a new flicker acct. How do I take the photos from my 

inventory? I am on firestorm.

save on your HD and upload, or use the flickr tool in the toolbar the moment you want to make a pic.
For pics in your inventory only the first option will work.

• Like 1

• 3 minutes ago, Ethan Paslong said:

save on your HD and upload, or use the flickr tool in the toolbar the moment you want to make a pic.

3 minutes ago, Ethan Paslong said:

I do thank you for your help.. Can you please tell me how to save it to my hard drive.. I am not good with computers.. Still learning

•  

7 hours ago, CarlyCaress said:
  • I do thank you for your help.. Can you please tell me how to save it to my hard drive.. I am not good with computers.. Still learning

You can save them to your hard drive when you take the picture...explore the controls in your snapshot window.  But, if you have already taken the photo and saved it to your inventory, simply:

• Double click the photo to open it
  • Click the Save button at the bottom of the photo display window.  You have the option to save it as a TGA or a PNG file.

NOTE:  Taking a snapshot and saving it to your inventory costs $L10.  It will also cost you $L10 to upload an image from your hard drive to your inventory.  However, taking the snapshot and saving it to your hard drive is FREE.

So, those images in your inventory... Since you took them, they are full perm to you. You can export them.

FS: Open the image... 
       Note the SAVE button at the bottom - Click Save
       You have a choice of TGA or PNG

If you have permissions, you can save the image. The button lacks feedback and I have managed to think I saved an image when I didn't. Since I COULDN'T POSSIBLY have done anything wrong, there must be something in the process... What I am saying is check that you have the images on your local storage before deleting them from the viewer.

I don't know of anyway to do a bulk export... it is a one-by-one thing.

Edited by Nalates Urriah

The link Jules gave you includes advice about image sizing, and I want to emphasize that.  SL's image re-sizing algorithm isn't very good.  If you upload a "non standard" image size, the re-sizing will noticeably decrease the image quality.

Crop or re-size your images so that the dimensions are powers of two before you upload.  My favorite size for photos is a simple square 512 x 512 pixel image.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1789 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.