What Keeps You Coming Back To SL?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1979 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I find myself coming back to SL whenever something's missing in my RL. I first joined SL when I was depressed and things weren't going well in my RL. SL can add to your RL by bringing enjoyment, but personally I think it can also take away from your RL. Because although there are less constraints in SL as there are in RL, there are constraints nonetheless which can sometimes lead to a choice that has to be made - whether to invest in your SL or in your RL. For example, choosing to spend money on dolling up your avatar vs spending money buying an outfit that you can actually wear in RL... or spending time living through your hot avatar vs spending time at the gym in RL so you can be a hotter version of your real self. Personally, I don't like that opportunity cost but I guess that's just life, whether it be SL or RL. After having disappeared from SL for 11 years, I only log in to the extent that it adds to my RL satisfaction... which I admit, is not much. I actually frequent forums more than i do inworld. I guess I enjoy the connection ?

Right now it's the hype for a certain avatar coming out in the next few weeks (Kinzart Direwolf), but mostly it's because I just like exploring and because I've found so much new music through SL. I like going to clubs a lot for that reason, it's a good 'discover new music' platform.

Also because I get an urge to play it whenever I think about metaverse-type media like Snow Crash or Summer Wars or Ready Player One.

Edited by Kai Lyvingstone

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/4/2018 at 3:02 AM, Kai Lyvingstone said:

Right now it's the hype for a certain avatar coming out in the next few weeks (Kinzart Direwolf), but mostly it's because I just like exploring and because I've found so much new music through SL. I like going to clubs a lot for that reason, it's a good 'discover new music' platform.

Also because I get an urge to play it whenever I think about metaverse-type media like Snow Crash or Summer Wars or Ready Player One.

Yep, I have found this to be the case for me recently too. Stumbled across a club where the music there is just insane! ?

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1979 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.