What is the "System Default" Language and how do I get words for 'Submit' and 'Ignore' when it's used?

Quertie

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2027 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

In the viewer preferences, under General ::: Language, there is an option "System Default", which language is that?  The language in the operating system or a default viewer language.

The reason I am asking, is I have a script that gets information from user, Example: http://example.mm4sl.info .  I've been asked to create a version of the script that supports different languages, but have run into a snag.  I need to know what words are used for "Submit" and "Ignore" when the language is not English, so that I can refer to them in my textual descriptions.  For example, if I run the viewer with "German"; Submit and Ignore are "Senden" and "Ignoreieren", respectively.  I can get these words if I manually switch the interface language, but I don't know what words are used when the option is set to "System Default".

Can anybody help me?

Q

Edited by Quertie

Surely the language thing would affect the whole of your textual description and not just the words "submit" and "ignore"? As far as a script is concerned the actual text of those buttons is irrelevant: the script either gets the text entered into the text box when the "Submit" button is clicked (whatever the Submit button is labelled) or nothing at all when the "Ignore" button is clicked.

If you want the descriptive text to display in a language chosen by the user, you may want to look at having a notecard (or notecards) that supply the translations of all the user-visible English text you're using. The script would then read the appropriate notecard (or section of a single notecard) and use that to fill the "text" parameters (and possibly the buttons list) of your llTextBox and llDialog functions as appropriate based on what you get from the llGetAgentLanguage function.

(The advantage of using notecards is that you can keep your script no modify while allowing individual users to supply whatever translation they want it to use even if it's not one you've made yourself.)

And yes, system default is the operating system setting for a language.

10 minutes ago, KT Kingsley said:

Surely the language thing would affect the whole of your textual description and not just the words "submit" and "ignore"?

Yes, of course. 

I already have a platform for converting the bulk of my text to the language the user wants to use.  I use notecards that are merged with language resources implemented through scripts because the order and sequencing of dialog and text boxes are dependent on who the client is, and what they want.  All that stuff works fine, and is not an issue.

What I need is the ability to determine what word is substituted for the word 'Submit' and 'Ignore' buttons so I can properly refer to it in the text.

Best,
Q

For the benefit of others ...

A viewer developer (I know) helped me out ... the answer is ...

1. Start the XUI Preview Tool (via Developer ::: XUI ::: XUI Preview Tool)
  2. Find the "panel_notify_textbox.xml" in the list
  3. Double Click it -- this opens the XUI Panel
  4. Then in the Preview Tool, select an entry from the primary language.

Alternatively, 

1. Go into your install folder 
  2. then into "skins\default\xui"
  3. and then open each "panel_notify_textbox.xml" for each language to get the words.

Q

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2027 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.