10 minutes ago, SteffiiSugabum said:

Aka nick picking Sere lol. You selectively read very well, yes. Also for the record no one that young has ever applied nor being accepted. The chances of anyone doing so are pretty slim aswell. We both know that, that is why you're using it against me. As that all you attempt to do. Which is exactly why I am not going to disclose RL information to you for my own safety of not being doxxed. 

It's irrelevant whether someone young has applied - your requirements allow them to do so.  As for using it against you, or attempting to dox you - my goodness, you do not know me.  Let me try to explain the difficulty here.  Your posting is on the same level as someone advertising in a newspaper their services as house builder, but not saying how they are qualified - instead, the client is supposed to find out when they visit.  The qualifications could run from 'fully professionally qualified with 30 years' experience in the trade' to 'I watched my dad put up some shelves when I was 12'. 

I urge you to consider how your responses are coming across, instead of rounding on people with legitimate concerns and painting them as griefers and doxers.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

It's irrelevant whether someone young has applied - your requirements allow them to do so.  As for using it against you, or attempting to dox you - my goodness, you do not know me.  Let me try to explain the difficulty here.  Your posting is on the same level as someone advertising in a newspaper their services as house builder, but not saying how they are qualified - instead, the client is supposed to find out when they visit.  The qualifications could run from 'fully professionally qualified with 30 years' experience in the trade' to 'I watched my dad put up some shelves when I was 12'. 

I urge you to consider how your responses are coming across, instead of rounding on people with legitimate concerns and painting them as griefers and doxers.

I've not said you have doxxed me, I have said I'm not risking it with you because you know as well as I do there is a lot more you do say when we're in private that gets nasty/judgemental. This post isn't about advertising our services, hence why its on an employment forum and its not written in the slightest way to state what services we are providing/my qualifications myself. That info can be found else where/in-world. As I've already mentioned aswell I answer to you in private and you either insult, continue your grudge or ignore everything I say. So its up to you, you can give us chance and find out the truth for yourself. Or you can continue what ever this is on here. I've given you chance, you're not giving us chance so I don't even urge you, I suggest if you are not willing to find out properly, then don't complain about what you haven't got a clue about.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, SteffiiSugabum said:

I've not said you have doxxed me, I have said I'm not risking it with you because you know as well as I do there is a lot more you do say when we're in private that gets nasty/judgemental. This post isn't about advertising our services, hence why its on an employment forum and its not written in the slightest way to state what services we are providing/my qualifications myself. That info can be found else where/in-world. As I've already mentioned aswell I answer to you in private and you either insult, continue your grudge or ignore everything I say. So its up to you, you can give us chance and find out the truth for yourself. Or you can continue what ever this is on here. I've given you chance, you're not giving us chance so I don't even urge you, I suggest if you are not willing to find out properly, then don't complain about what you haven't got a clue about.

My only communication in private with you consists of one IM that you made to me.  I shall not quote you, of course, but I can post what I said in response :- 

[2018/09/02 15:53]  Garnet Psaltery: I don't even remember what topic it was and I don't carry out forum discussions behind closed doors.
[2018/09/02 15:54]  Garnet Psaltery: Don't even try to threaten me.

You are either mistaken or lying about the matter.

At this point I shall withdraw because we are getting into the realm of a personal dispute.

Edited by Garnet Psaltery
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

32 minutes ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

My only communication in private with you consists of one IM that you made to me.  I shall not quote you, of course, but I can post what I said in response :- 

[2018/09/02 15:53]  Garnet Psaltery: I don't even remember what topic it was and I don't carry out forum discussions behind closed doors.
[2018/09/02 15:54]  Garnet Psaltery: Don't even try to threaten me.

You are either mistaken or lying about the matter.

Lol oh yeah when you said "Don't even try to threaten me", out of the blue for no reason... I didn't threaten you at all. Feel free to say what I did threaten you with by all means though. Plus there was way more to that chatlog.

[2018/09/02 15:53] Steffii Sugabum (steffiisugabum): Hi so do you want to talk civilized here instead? I'm not going to get into arguments through the forums hun. So if you're looking for a reaction, you're looking in the wrong place.

^ What I actually said to you which you took as, me threatening you? 

Edited by SteffiiSugabum
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, SteffiiSugabum said:

Again you're welcome to come see us In-World as has also been stated to you. You're the one not doing so. Also lol she does know me in RL. I just wonder why you are even wary of why she could possibly know me in RL aswell? Like why would she or I lie about that? All your doing is proving how much you want to be right even though you're not even sure if you are yourself. Hence why you say anyone can say "this". We all know that people can claim things. The thing is though, this forum post was never actually about me personally, what my services are, what my training is. It's an offer for people who may like to join our staff team. If people aren't trained, I will be able to find out and they wont even be hired as Support Staff/Assistant Staff. I am very strict on who I let in. You have the chance to find out for yourself, but you're not giving us that chance back. That's fine you don't have too, but why go on trying to sabotage us without any evidence yourself? It's a bit pointless, and only shows your attitude at this point. It doesn't effect us because people can come in and find out. I know it's a shocker right... who would of thought people have their own mind.. can make their own choice to find out for themselves even though you refuse?  

By the way the last part of what you said, it works both ways anyone can claim what you've just said to be truth when its not aswell. Lets stop trying to justify/excuse aimlessly arguing, and start acting on whats actually "concerning" if it is.

Yeah they won't again don't understand how its hard not to read that i am not you or neither do i work for TTC, not sure how they cannot comprehend that. i can verify ttc and its abilities as a clinic and steffi as a qualified therapist. Strange to have quoted me and then talk to me as if i was you.. don't you think Steffi?

Edited by Serenityfirefly McMahon

1 minute ago, Serenityfirefly McMahon said:

Yeah they won't again don't understand how its hard not to read that i am not you or neither do i work for TTC, i can verify ttc and its abilities as a clinic and steffi as a qualified therapist. Strange to have quoted me and then talk to me as if i was you.. don't you think Steffi?

I didn't notice actually lol. If they think that they can voice verify us, no disrespect but I can not do your accent hahah. I love your accent though!

• Like 1

Just now, SteffiiSugabum said:

I didn't notice actually lol. If they think that they can voice verify us, no disrespect but I can not do your accent hahah. I love your accent though!

Yep let me know when and were and i'll pop on. Off to another place to do some base chores for a bit. Hahaha i can't do yours either. I love yours it is cute!

13 minutes ago, SteffiiSugabum said:

Yeah no rush but the offer is there if you're also having suspicions about us being the same person. Thank youu, yours is sweet. :)

Yep! Just annoying the Mr and pulling dinos on to him to kill his butt! XD

Since I replied to the original post and sparked the discussion that has ensued, I will answer the questions posed to me directly and again explain my position.

To Serenityfirefly McMahon:

1.        A legitimately qualified therapist would be willing and capable of answering questions about his or her education, training, and certifications, publicly or privately.

I am a licensed mental health counselor in the state of Florida. I earned a Master’s degree in Psychology from the University of West Florida in 2007 and have 10 years of experience providing crisis counseling, individual therapy, group therapy, and family therapy in a variety of places, including a medical clinic, a center for abused and neglected children, a homeless shelter, a domestic violence shelter, and a community mental health center. I am a certified victim services practitioner, certified sexual violence victim advocate for the state of Florida, and a certified domestic violence victim advocate for the state of Florida. 

If anyone wanted to see me in person, I would happily give them my real life name, contact information, and license number to set up a legitimate face-to-face meeting where you can see my actual license on my desk, which I’m required to display by law.

2.       Said information would be easily verifiable in several independent places, including state licensing boards or licensing boards representing a particular region or country.

3.        “I do a couple of interviews and trust what people tell me,” as Steffi told us here, would not cut it. 

4.       I noticed the website offers no information about your qualifications or those of others, but you know what is very clear? How much you charge. That alone speaks volumes.

5.       People offering legitimate services understand that clients and potential clients have the right to know this information up front so they can look up for themselves whether the person is legitimately qualified and doesn’t have any professional complaints against them.

6.       Education, licensing and certification are not “business practices.” I’m not asking you to give me the recipe to your secret sauce or your marketing strategy.

7.       I did instant message Steffi. She didn’t like the questions I was asking her and when I told her I wasn’t satisfied with her answers, she told me she was banning me from the site I had never seen.

8.       She has messaged me, completely unsolicited by the way, to harass and insult me. Again, a legitimate therapist would not do this because a legitimate therapist who is qualified to work with people online inherently understands the risks and concerns people have.

9.       If we were really victimizing Steffi and just not giving her a chance as you say, I would think she would be bending over backwards to explain all of the legitimate and independent protections she has put in place to make sure she is acting ethically and within the bounds of her profession. They would be on her website, clear as day, but you can’t know what to do if you’re not legitimately qualified to do it, can you?

10.   Instead, what I’ve gotten, as have others, is “IM me in world,” which turned out to be the equivalent of, “Catch me outside for a fight.”  Her responses were quite defensive… Very similar to the responses she has given here actually – with NO, I repeat NO, actual answers to my questions that were verifiable.

I have a problem with unqualified people charging for services they have no right providing, and it’s clear to me that’s what’s going on.

My professional ethics demand that I speak out against anyone who poses a danger to people I have worked hard to serve and protect. The very fact that you or Steffi would call that trolling, once again, just reinforces how unqualified you are.

I have no problem with providing a place for people with mental illness and emotional challenges to get together and share experiences and provide emotional support, taking a pseudonym and expecting people to trust you are not only qualified, but that you deserve compensation, just doesn’t make sense.

I have no doubt Steffi’s heart is in the right place, but her responses tell me her thinking is very flawed.

Edited by Number1Counselor
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

Ok I didn't want to get off topic here, but you say to me that you're a "Therapist" and also on your profile that you provide recommendations for medication. Which nor a Counsellor or Therapist does nor is even allowed too. Also when I asked the very start of what you should of learned at the start of any Counselling courses - MHFA you couldn't tell me what it even stands for.

Yeah the website doesn't, doesn't mean we don't provide that information though lol. We have that information in-world. But unless you make an effort to come in and see for yourself, then you're gonna be able to hold that against us. You're making your own choices on that that's not my fault. It's been offered to you, but you are refusing. So it's not my problem. I given you a choice of what I am comfortable with. Take it or stop complaining of what you aren't sure about. I'm not going to be dictated by you. As you should also know, Therapists/Counsellors don't force/manipulate someone into change, judge or dictate at people. They empower them, support them to open up and have compassion for what their needs are. Your the one putting me on defence because you are being judgemental/critical without knowing anything about me. So for me that and other things I've mentioned speak volumes to me. Sometimes 'if I give you benefit of the doubt that you're being honest' its not just about someones paperwork/training. It's about how someone is personally. How much compassion they have, how they are willing to listen and not make assumptions. I've met plenty of narcissistic personalities when it comes to people with the training too. 

Also I did answer to you, but you still stuck by what you want to believe - thinking the worst of me. So I yeah I turned the situation around and put you in my shoes asking the same things you asked me, which you also stated you would not answer too and you wasn't gonna continue talking. Works both ways.

End of the day, this forum post isn't about me and what I do. It's about potential for others to join our team, which is why I ask that things are asked in private, I also don't want to publicly expose where I am from etc which is why I am not public with it, and I offer information in-world. If I give in to the pressure you're giving my to prove myself, then I do expose my RL information (which is also against TOS) because you don't simply want me to "say here" you want me to show my RL qualifications, then still accuse me of potentially faking it lol. But yeah you're going on saying "ohh anyone can say this, anyone can photoshop etc." yet you state your "experience" and expect us to bow down and accept you as you are. So you have double standards. Play fair and I might be more trusting. End of conversation here. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

20 minutes ago, SteffiiSugabum said:

If I give in to the pressure you're giving my to prove myself, then I do expose my RL information (which is also against TOS) because you don't simply want me to "say here" you want me to show my RL qualifications, then still accuse me of potentially faking it lol.

A freakin lie again, you can reveal whatever you want about your RL self. This is NOT against the TOS...

Sorry when I must state that, but your inability to understand the TOS makes me sincerely doubt you got the mental capability to pass any test that qualifies you for counceling.

Edited by Fionalein
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Lie again? I haven't lied about anything. Why do you think there is an option to report RL disclosure? Again though, assuming the worst. If I am wrong, then you could say that's a mistake, but no you have to say "lying again" when I haven't actually lied about anything. I just don't honestly get what your problem is, you've been hunting down my posts for nearly a year now... Tranquillity's still going, your not making an effort to actually properly find out in-world as I have respectfully asked for a long time now. It only makes me think that you intentionally are harassing me through the forums. Well not just me either.. you've done it to staff from TTC aswell. Your holding a grudge.

Like what do you think your the forum police or something? Cause its not just me you target you go after others forums posts aswell all in your little group you've made... You get asked to stop and have forums posts blocked from further responses. Maybe find something a little more positive to do?

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Fionalein said:

A freakin lie again, you can reveal whatever you want about your RL self. This is NOT against the TOS...

Sorry when I must state that, but your inability to understand the TOS makes me sincerely doubt you got the mental capability to pass any test that qualifies you for counceling.

A string of letters corresponding to RL accreditations would probably satisfy most of us. 

• Sad 1

The thing is though, even if I did I'd have it thrown at me that I faked it. I've even had that from others accounts in-world who where clearly trolls themselves having screaming gestures and saying "bow to the king" in-world lol. Last time a staff member had a forum post that happened. I'm happy to answer to what my training is, I'm just asking that its in-world. That's all I'm not gonna be bullied into changing that. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SteffiiSugabum said:

I'm happy to answer to what my training is, I'm just asking that its in-world.

May I ask what institution trains councelers to hide their certification behind access barriers?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

I have been watching this thread for a couple of days  now.  Seriously people???  I have always believed that we are alive to love and help one another, to care for each other and support  each other, not rip each other apart, or tear each other down for what ever reason you have made up in your heads.  And from what I am  understanding, this obviously isn't this first time you all have attacked Miss Steffi.  How about all of you put your self centered egos away for a moment, put yourself in her shoes, and see how all of this would make you feel.  Maybe you would think twice before posting again?  Also remember that this is a post by an employer in SL looking for people to  be a part of her in-world team.    Please take your attitudes to a different forum.  I wish the best for all of you.   Peace & Love ❤️ 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, SteffiiSugabum said:

Ok I didn't want to get off topic here, but you say to me that you're a "Therapist" and also on your profile that you provide recommendations for medication. Which nor a Counsellor or Therapist does nor is even allowed too. Also when I asked the very start of what you should of learned at the start of any Counselling courses - MHFA you couldn't tell me what it even stands for.

Yeah the website doesn't, doesn't mean we don't provide that information though lol. We have that information in-world. But unless you make an effort to come in and see for yourself, then you're gonna be able to hold that against us. You're making your own choices on that that's not my fault. It's been offered to you, but you are refusing. So it's not my problem. I given you a choice of what I am comfortable with. Take it or stop complaining of what you aren't sure about. I'm not going to be dictated by you. As you should also know, Therapists/Counsellors don't force/manipulate someone into change, judge or dictate at people. They empower them, support them to open up and have compassion for what their needs are. Your the one putting me on defence because you are being judgemental/critical without knowing anything about me. So for me that and other things I've mentioned speak volumes to me. Sometimes 'if I give you benefit of the doubt that you're being honest' its not just about someones paperwork/training. It's about how someone is personally. How much compassion they have, how they are willing to listen and not make assumptions. I've met plenty of narcissistic personalities when it comes to people with the training too. 

Also I did answer to you, but you still stuck by what you want to believe - thinking the worst of me. So I yeah I turned the situation around and put you in my shoes asking the same things you asked me, which you also stated you would not answer too and you wasn't gonna continue talking. Works both ways.

End of the day, this forum post isn't about me and what I do. It's about potential for others to join our team, which is why I ask that things are asked in private, I also don't want to publicly expose where I am from etc which is why I am not public with it, and I offer information in-world. If I give in to the pressure you're giving my to prove myself, then I do expose my RL information (which is also against TOS) because you don't simply want me to "say here" you want me to show my RL qualifications, then still accuse me of potentially faking it lol. But yeah you're going on saying "ohh anyone can say this, anyone can photoshop etc." yet you state your "experience" and expect us to bow down and accept you as you are. So you have double standards. Play fair and I might be more trusting. End of conversation here. 

1. Here is my profile in its entirety:  I'm excited to be part of SL's  RP community. (See my picks for more information).  I have 20 years of paragraph style RP experience outside SL.  I'm a therapist in RL and an inquisitive nurturer interested in helping others, whether in medicine, mental health, or some other helping occupation.  Always willing to make friends!

Nowhere does it state I prescribe medication whatsoever.  Nowhere.  I say I am INTERESTED in RP and INTERESTED in medicine, mental health, and other helping professions.  How you could read that and  assume I hand out prescriptions to people.

2.  You keep saying you provide your qualifications to people in-world, but you didn't provide them to me when I asked you.  You  specifically told me you DO NOT go around the world to see if people are telling you the truth about anything they've said, You also fail to realize legitimate therapists have more than their words to offer on their qualifications to potential clients.  

3.  You want me to come see for myself who you are and what you offer, but you say you have banned and blocked me from doing so because I asked questions you didn't like.  Are you saying you are willing to let me visit you?

4.  Mental Health First Aid is NOT therapy.  It's an 8 hour course to start with and even if you have had several courses, it's not treatment for mental illness, it's crisis management, like CPR.  Knowing CPR does not make you a doctor.

5.  MHFA is designed to help people in crisis.  Any legitimate therapist understands how dangerous it is to treat people at risk for suicide/violence using a platform that doesn't require people to share their names, let alone where they are so they can get real help.

6.  I gave you my RL information above.  Are you willing to provide that much?

7.  No?  Yet you expect people in SL to tell you their most intimate concerns?  

Think about that.  You want people to tell you and other strangers their most personal problems, their most intimate details, AND you want them to pay you for the privilege, but you won't even tell us where you're from?  What training you have? 

You don't trust me because I asked for basic information, but you think people will trust you with much more than that because you give yourself a title in a virtual reality...

I have no doubt you want to help, Steffi.  Maybe you can relate to this stuff in ways we don't even know. If you've been labeled by people in your RL in negative ways, I'm sorry.  If the people in your RL who were supposed to care did not, I'm sorry for that too.  Your compassion for people is admirable.

Taking on titles you aren't qualified for is no different than letting other people label you in ways you don't think fit you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

22 minutes ago, Targyn said:

And from what I am  understanding, this obviously isn't this first time you all have attacked Miss Steffi.

Yes we might have agressively questioned her qualifications - because this stuff has the potential that there are lives at risk. It is the context. Steffi is playing with fire - please try to understand that. Thanks!

Edited by Fionalein
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, SukkiSukki said:

Omg you guys again learn when to quit all you ever do is bully people in these do you not remember being told to stop by a moderator last time you did this to her? take a hint lmao. even staff from SL is tellin you stop. shes giving you opportunity to find out so quit your bitchin and do it otherwise your all talk. peace.

The lab removes online bullying - I remember no debate with your "institution" where any of the posts containing concerns about you folks were removed... again your warped perception of reality lets me doubt your ability to help people in need... 

Edited by Fionalein
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, SukkiSukki said:

even staff from SL is tellin you stop

Huh? I just reviewed the thread, and did not see any posts from Lindens.

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Huh? I just reviewed the thread, and did not see any posts from Lindens.

I think she means back in this thread...

... which as our trained psychologist knows is a perfect expample of perception form a perspective =^.^=

Sorry to dissapoint you guys, but Corky said nothing you interpreted into the repsonse 

Edited by Fionalein
  • Sad 1

Think you will actually find EVERYONE was previously told to stop this nonsence on previous topic. Yet The ones continuing to troll Steffi's posts, obviously are not learning.

Shall i show you just to state this is a pattern and routine of theres. 

Here you go.

"@On 5/15/2018 at 9:30 PM, Corky Linden said:

Please remember that when engaging with each other on the forums to please keep any and all discussions civil and on topic.  If you have nothing constructive to add to the discussion we encourage you to take it to PMs or drop it entirely."

There you go... And you claim you are not victimising her? Any Real ans True Therapists do not behave in this manner neither do Adults. Addressed everything previously already. Cara/ovmc/Trolls/AltsHarassingTTC. Move on and find some peace in yourselves.

I have better things to do with my time then to reply to partial quotes taken out of context or twisted. Or to the non constructive reality perceptions people who are so anxiously sat watching this thread instantly waiting to troll within minutes of a new reply posted. Keyboard warriors waste so much of their precious energy in doing so. Try to gas light less too instead of trying to make yourselves look like saints. 

Edited by Serenityfirefly McMahon
Additional