You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2018 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

2 minutes ago, Serenityfirefly McMahon said:

Any Real ans True Therapists do not behave in this manner neither do Adults.

True,... but why does she then? You seem to know her better please enlighten us as far as the TOS allow.

• Sad 1

The irony is Sere, she read and replied a message here where I told her my RL training and 8 or so hours later when she realised I wouldn't respond here lol - which was read straight away aswell because it says so.

I'm not behaving in the manner you are, I'm just asking that the discussions kept less argumentative, more in private about what you're asking cause 1. its got nothing to do with me this post, it's an employment forum and we're asked to stay on topic as you even just proven yourself via what Corky said. 2. Your asking me for my RL information, which I'm sorry but no I respectfully refuse to do that. I will tell you my training in private which I already have done. Just seems like you haven't got any boundaries and want to pick a fight at anything you can. It's not just me you go after others forum posts gloating and being critical. All you're doing is providing a reflection of yourself and getting yourself a bad reputation for these forums. 

Edited by SteffiiSugabum
  • Like 1

One last thing I'm gonna say then I will stop. SL's meant to be a place of positivity, experience, learning and fun. Why not let yours be the same aswell, what you achieving with all this negativity here today/the last few of days? It's not exactly productive any of this spite, hate and holding a grudge. I'm not asking you to like me or anything but yeah focus on something positive? Only got one life, sometimes its better just to make the most of it and be there for people not against them. All it does is just makes you feel bad when it boils down to it.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Targyn said:

I have been watching this thread for a couple of days  now.  Seriously people???  I have always believed that we are alive to love and help one another, to care for each other and support  each other, not rip each other apart, or tear each other down for what ever reason you have made up in your heads.  And from what I am  understanding, this obviously isn't this first time you all have attacked Miss Steffi.  How about all of you put your self centered egos away for a moment, put yourself in her shoes, and see how all of this would make you feel.  Maybe you would think twice before posting again?  Also remember that this is a post by an employer in SL looking for people to  be a part of her in-world team.    Please take your attitudes to a different forum.  I wish the best for all of you.   Peace & Love ❤️ 

It's not about ego, it's about ethics.

Would you allow an uneducated, untrained, and unlicensed doctor treat you just because he really, really, wanted to?  

The ego you should be worried about is that of the person who wants to do just that without regard for the people she wants to help.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Number1Counselor said:

It's not about ego, it's about ethics.

Would you allow an uneducated, untrained, and unlicensed doctor treat you just because he really, really, wanted to?  

The ego you should be worried about is that of the person who wants to do just that without regard for the people she wants to help.

I've told you my training via messages, which you've read and replied too. If you're saying I'm lying by my "word" then maybe you should think before mentioning yours cause anyone could say that about you too, but I'm sure you wouldn't like that right? Try treating others the way you want to be treated yourself, or don't come here expecting double standards... Last comment from now.

Double standard
noun
plural noun: double standards
a rule or principle which is unfairly applied in different ways to different people or groups.

Edited by SteffiiSugabum
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, SteffiiSugabum said:

I'm not behaving in the manner you are, I'm just asking that the discussions kept less argumentative, more in private about what you're asking cause 1. its got nothing to do with me this post, it's an employment forum and we're asked to stay on topic as you even just proven yourself via what Corky said. 2. Your asking me for my RL information, which I'm sorry but no I respectfully refuse to do that. I will tell you my training in private which I already have done. Just seems like you haven't got any boundaries and want to pick a fight at anything you can. It's not just me you go after others forum posts gloating and being critical. All you're doing is providing a reflection of yourself and getting yourself a bad reputation for these forums. 

People who are behaving ethically don't fear the truth being public.  What's done right in the dark will still be right when exposed to light.  Legitimate therapists  who serve clients online post their real names, real country of residence, and real qualifications all the time.  Your reluctance to make public what you've shared with me in private - which was not anything personally identifiable or verifiable - just proves that SL and this clinic are not the right forum for this.  As I've said to you privately, if you legitimately hold the degrees and training you say, then you should have no problem finding a secure, privacy protecting/legally compliant platform to do this work that not only protects you legally and protects your clients, but also gives you credibility that you won't be able to get here.

Keep in mind, legitimate online therapy companies who have far more security than SL have been sued for not doing enough to protect vulnerable clients.  These companies actually collected real names, real addresses and real phone  numbers from people and they STILL were sued for not using the information to save lives when they should have.  Are you telling me you collect people's REAL info to cover yourself and them and you're sure said info is legitimate?  I really doubt it.

One last thing I'm gonna say then I will stop. SL's meant to be a place of positivity, experience, learning and fun. Why not let yours be the same aswell, what you achieving with all this negativity here today/the last few of days? It's not exactly productive any of this spite, hate and holding a grudge. I'm not asking you to like me or anything but yeah focus on something positive? Only got one life, sometimes its better just to make the most of it and be there for people not against them. All it does is just makes you feel bad when it boils down to it.

I will focus on the positives I see.  I love that you care enough about people with mental health issues to provide a place for them to meet others in similar boats.  I really think you can be a support to people.in the right way.  It occurs to me you'd do more good being a friend to them rather than calling yourself or others therapists, however.  If as you say people come to SL to have fun, the last thing anyone would want is another person trying to "therapize and treat them.," making it known that you're the expert and they are the people who lack something, even in  a fun virtual world.  What you could be, if you really wanted to give people something they can't really get anywhere else, is a genuine friend who understands,  but doesn't try to "treat" or "fix."  

True friendship, however, doesn't cost Lindens and doesn't require a package of service that has an expiration date.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

36 minutes ago, SteffiiSugabum said:

I've told you my training via messages, which you've read and replied too. If you're saying I'm lying by my "word" then maybe you should think before mentioning yours cause anyone could say that about you too, but I'm sure you wouldn't like that right? Try treating others the way you want to be treated yourself, or don't come here expecting double standards... Last comment from now.

Double standard
noun
plural noun: double standards
a rule or principle which is unfairly applied in different ways to different people or groups.

It's not a double standard because I'm not providing therapy in world that I expect people to pay me for and trust me to provide ethically, all based on my word in SL.

I asked more of you because you're the one who is putting yourself and others out there as being perfectly trained and perfectly confident in SL as a legally and technically secure platform to provide counseling.

If you were going to be treated by me or work for me, I'd give you my information face to face or via a platform that's designed to handle confidential information.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

One thing I'm going to say is, Therapists/Counsellors never view someone with a Mental Health Condition, trauma etc as needing to be fixed, or should try to "fix" someone. As no one with a Mental Health Condition, Trauma or just needing support, needs to be fixed, but supported, have understanding, compassion, acceptance and be supported to accept themselves aswell. I can and will provide that with my training and experiences - as I also have Mental Health Conditions myself too. So not only am I trained and qualified, but I understand and can be extremely empathetic. - Before you use that against me aswell, yes I have had my own support, and I'm medicated too so I do manage my own health. So you go ahead and carry on with your negativity. I've said all I have to say and now I choose to focus on the positive and support.  

Edited by SteffiiSugabum
  • Like 2

One thing I'm going to say is, Therapists/Counsellors never view someone with a Mental Health Condition, trauma etc as needing to be fixed, or should try to "fix" someone. As no one with a Mental Health Condition, Trauma or just needing support, needs to be fixed, but supported, have understanding, compassion, acceptance and be supported to accept themselves aswell.

you have set yourself up as a therapist offering therapy

therapy is not trauma support. Therapy is a clinical discipline. You are not a clinician. You are a social worker. Social workers provide support. This is why you get kick back on this. You are roleplaying as a clinician and acting out on this as if it is real. Which is delusional

be what you are. A social worker. And nobody will kick back on you

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

I'm not roleplaying anything and I don't actually allow anyone to roleplay when it comes to mental health via Tranquillity. Howeverr, I am trained towards helping people in crisis, counselling, trauma based therapy/CBT and general CBT. 

Anyway that last comment I made wasn't about what I do I think you will find, it was actually a reply to the accusation made against me that I'm trying to "fix" people via being a Therapist, which is completely wrong. No Therapists should have that mind set.

Edited by SteffiiSugabum
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, SteffiiSugabum said:

I'm not roleplaying anything. Howeverr, I am trained towards helping people in crisis, counselling, trauma based therapy/CBT and general CBT.

you have a Masters degree in a clinical health discipline yes ? CBT national registration requires a masters degree as a prerequisite. If you do not have the required masters degree then you are not a registered clinician. When we are not registered then we are roleplaying. Roleplay - pretending to be something we actually are not 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

On 10/10/2018 at 3:13 AM, SteffiiSugabum said:

Sent you a message on that subject as I don't want to continue talking about me here as I've stated many, times. 

if you look thru the link that you provided then you will see that CBT is an accredited post graduate diploma. Post graduate certificate - Level 1 - open to bachelor degree. Level 2 requires a masters from anyone with a general health degree. The level 2 exception is a person with a bachelor degree in mental health and with extensive experience working in the mental health field 

then there are non-accredited CBT certificates which anyone with $200 can obtain. In the same way anyone can obtain a non-accredited doctorate

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, ellestones said:

if you look thru the link that you provided then you will see that CBT is an accredited post graduate diploma. Post graduate certificate - Level 1 - open to bachelor degree. Level 2 requires a masters from anyone with a general health degree. The level 2 exception is a person with a bachelor degree in mental health and with extensive experience working in the mental health field 

then there are non-accredited CBT certificates which anyone with $200 can obtain. In the same way anyone can obtain a non-accredited doctorate

Why do you feel the need to carry on here, and not even reply to my message? I'd understand if you replied to my message and I hadn't replied. I've said when it comes to my qualifications/training which I will happily share, to keep it to a private message cause 1. it's off topic which is against the rules here, 2. I don't want to put out my RL information here in the public. I am giving the option for you to find out, but safely/the way I'm actually allowed too here. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, SukkiSukki said:

lmao paranoid much yea just keep proving how much she has nothin to hide why dont you @Fionalein? grow up 

Wait... did you just call a diagnosis on me without knowing my medical history? :o Bold move... As I guess you are working with Steff. This is both against your claimed profession's ethics and most likely against the SL TOS... Good luck dodging this bullet now...

PS: And that "nothing to hide" is highly debatebale LOL

Edited by Fionalein
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Fionalein said:

Says the person who only posts here as Steffi's leashdog... you have no postings outside her threads and sincerely accuse us of trolling, shall I sell you a mirror? Now please back off as the Lindens do not like personal debates taken to the Forums (yes that goes to both of us @SukkiSukki, wether you believe it or not, you are not exempt from moderation ;) )

There's no need for comments such as leashdog. 

10 hours ago, SukkiSukki said:

no i dont work there actually so get your fact straight lmao i just remember yous from last time when you got told off lmao sayin your paranoid isnt a diagnosis either you are been paranoid aswell n proving what a childish troll you are

Yeah it was told last time to stop too. Shame they not learnt

• Haha 1

On 10/9/2018 at 3:13 PM, SteffiiSugabum said:

Sent you a message on that subject as I don't want to continue talking about me here as I've stated many, times. 

Again IM Steffi if you want to know more, or employment. everyone has a right to privacy and confidence... can say tranquilty is a really nice place and it's staff are very helpful. Just ashame crazies can't let a topic/place/people be. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Serenityfirefly McMahon said:

Again IM Steffi if you want to know more, or employment. everyone has a right to privacy and confidence... can say tranquilty is a really nice place and it's staff are very helpful. Just ashame crazies can't let a topic/place/people be. 

i didn't see the need to post again after my initial questions, but the thread is not about what you write here.

Yes she has right to privacy and confidence, BUT if you offer this service you give upfront info about your abilities and certification, even only mentioning it upfront would avoid 4 pages of posts. The system of reply in privat IM's inworld on forumposts isn't something that works well, as you can see, and i personally simply do not like it to get contacted inworld about something that's posted on the forums, unless it's about something sutied for that. Missing info in the "advertising" isn't one for that.

It;s also not about being a nice place, nice staff or about being not helpfull.

I think it's totally OK to question posts that aren't clear while offering pretty serious type of services.

Personal things mostly are better kept out, but i know by experience, also by myself, that's not always easy when the thread gets heated.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, Serenityfirefly McMahon said:

crazies

Um..isn’t the advertised business intended to help “crazies”? Using that term is very insensitive to those with mental or psychological disorders. I hope the original poster does not support your choice of language.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

59 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Um..isn’t the advertised business intended to help “crazies”? Using that term is very insensitive to those with mental or psychological disorders. I hope the original poster does not support your choice of language.

apparently she does if her own minions do it - another point that bothers me with this institution...

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Fionalein said:

apparently she does if her own minions do it - another point that bothers me with this institution...

lol get lost dude yall keep liking each others comments with all the bull crap your talkin aswell. your bias against her anyone n anyone whose tellin you to shut up

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2018 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.