You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2018 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

We are looking for more compassionate people to join our friendly staff team here at Tranquillity Therapy, Wellness & Learning Centre. Do you love to support, have a lot of compassion for, and understanding when it comes to our Mental Health? Do you feel interest to join our mission to provide a safe, friendly and understanding environment for Mental Health awareness/support within Second Life? Well, then we welcome you to apply to join!

Available Positions

Therapy Staff: 

Counsellor

Therapist

Responsibilities include

○ Providing supportive, compassionate and genuine care towards providing Therapy/Counselling Services. Using your own professional knowledge/experience towards aiding your clients with their needs and emotions. Attentively listening, understanding and guiding for their Well-Being.

○ Should anyone be in Crisis (we have assessments to show this) referring your client to the Owner of Tranquillity confidentially for them to gain real life resources/guidance.

○ Patience and confidentially at all times.

○ Dependent, committed and able to work as a team.

○ Therapists are also eligible to work as "E.S" (Extra Shifts) at reception. Rules and conditions apply to make this fair on Support Staff who solely work at reception.

○ Therapists may also hold events/classes aswell. Or even apply as both a Therapist and Coach as-long as they have time for both roles equally.

Requirements: 

○ 4 hours minimum availability for Therapy/Counselling. Therapists/Counsellors must be able to commit an hour and a half for Therapy/Counselling sessions booked, with a possibility of 1 session per an amount of weeks or 2 sessions per an amount of weeks.

○ 18+ RL & RP.

○ Human Avatars ~ exceptions: Elf's, Pixies - however a human adult appearance (not xxx ranking) is required.

○ Your account must be at least 4 months - 120 days old.

○ RL Therapist/Counsellor Experience and/or Qualifications.

Coaches

Life Coach

Meditation Coach

Mental Health Support Coach

Responsibilities include:

○ Providing supportive, compassionate and genuine care towards providing Group Tutoring/Meditation Guidance. Being friendly to new comers. Treating everyone as an equal and be prepared to answer to any questions, and give chance for everyone who has a comment to make one and be accepted for their comments. Attentively listening, understanding and guiding for their Well-Being.

○ Coaches in particular would benefit being able to stick with strict deadlines. Keep up communication and share ideas/events currently being worked on with the Owner/Head of all Staff.

○ Coaches are also eligible to work as "E.S" (Extra Shifts) at reception. Rules and conditions apply to make this fair on Support Staff who solely work at reception.

○ Coaches may apply as Therapist aswell. As-long as they have time for both roles equally.

Requirements:

○ 4 hours minimum working on Events/Classes. Coaches must also hold an Event/Class at the minimum; once every two weeks, for a minimum of an hour per Event.

○ 18+ RL & RP.

○ Human Avatars ~ exceptions: Elf's, Pixies - however a human adult appearance (not xxx ranking) is required.

○ RL Mental Health, Life or Meditation Coaching Experience and/or Training/Qualifications.

Therapy staff/Coaching Staff Assistants

Support Staff

Support Staff Responsibilities:

○ Able to be active and attentive to help our visitors/patients coming in.

○ Welcoming, friendly and comforting to all visitors/patients, offering to be of help if they need.

○ Patient, understanding and committed.

○ Able to work as a Team from time to time.

○ Confident towards working at Reception, following a structured appointment booking (of course this will include training for how it works via Tranquillity).

Requirements:

○ 4 hours work/availability per week minimum.

○ 18+ RL & RP.

If you would like to join with us, and gain more information you can view our website/applications for more details of our positions. Thank you for your interest, we look forward to hearing from you!

Application: https://tranquillitytherapyclinic.blogspot.com/p/apply.html

SLURL: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Casvian Caye/161/193/22

TTC WEB LOGO.png

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

As has been mentioned more than once by a variety of people every time this particular thread has been posted,  it is unethical and fraudulent to present oneself as a therapist/counselor/ coach for hire without offering any actual proof one has the education, training, and licensure to work as a therapist.  

I'll ask again as I have in other threads and with you in instant messages in world, how do you verify the people you are seeking to hire as therapists/counselors/coaches have the real life training necessary to do this work online?   

Edited by Number1Counselor
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Already answered to you in-world. No matter what I say you attempt to use it against me and have an incorrect perception of what Therapists are actually allowed to do. Due also to the other facts which are unrelated to the topic here you're also banned from Tranquillity. So please stop hunting down every post of mine and our staffs. 

Any civilised and reasonable questions maybe answered to in-world. 

27 minutes ago, Number1Counselor said:

As has been mentioned more than once by a variety of people every time this particular thread has been posted,  it is unethical and fraudulent to present oneself as a therapist/counselor/ coach for hire without offering any actual proof one has the education, training, and licensure to work as a therapist.  

I'll ask again as I have in other threads and with you in instant messages in world, how do you verify the people you are seeking to hire as therapists/counselors/coaches have the real life training necessary to do this work online?   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SteffiiSugabum said:

Already answered to you in-world. No matter what I say you attempt to use it against me and have an incorrect perception of what Therapists are actually allowed to do. Due also to the other facts which are unrelated to the topic here you're also banned from Tranquillity. So please stop hunting down every post of mine and our staffs. 

you should answer it here on the forums, thats where the question is asked.

Directly banning people because they have questions about your approach of vunerable people is totally right.

So.. are you certified/licenced/professonal, or just a hobbysstic wannabee ? .. your requirements say nothing about it.

note: if you ban mee too i don't mind, already have a excellent certiefied professional in rl.

Edited by Ethan Paslong
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

I don't want to get off topic, but that's not at all why I banned. When it comes to the "questions" though. It doesn't matter what I say, because there are already assumptions made. 

Yes I do have training/qualifications though. I make sure that others who want to join our staff for the therapy services do aswell. This is via questions in the application, along with questions during 2 interviews about past and current experience/training. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, SteffiiSugabum said:

We are looking for more compassionate people to join our friendly staff team here at Tranquillity Therapy, Wellness & Learning Centre. Do you love to support, have a lot of compassion for, and understanding when it comes to our Mental Health? Do you feel interest to join our mission to provide a safe, friendly and understanding environment for Mental Health awareness/support within Second Life? Well, then we welcome you to apply to join!

Available Positions

Therapy Staff: 

Counsellor

Therapist

Responsibilities include

○ Providing supportive, compassionate and genuine care towards providing Therapy/Counselling Services. Using your own professional knowledge/experience towards aiding your clients with their needs and emotions. Attentively listening, understanding and guiding for their Well-Being.

○ Should anyone be in Crisis (we have assessments to show this) referring your client to the Owner of Tranquillity confidentially for them to gain real life resources/guidance.

○ Therapists are also eligible to work as "E.S" (Extra Shifts) at reception. Rules and conditions apply to make this fair on Support Staff who solely work at reception.

○ Therapists may also hold events/classes aswell. Or even apply as both a Therapist and Coach as-long as they have time for both roles equally.

Requirements: 

○ 4 hours minimum availability for Therapy/Counselling. Therapists/Counsellors must be able to commit an hour and a half for Therapy/Counselling sessions booked, with a possibility of 1 session per an amount of weeks or 2 sessions per an amount of weeks.

○ 18+ RL & RP.

○ RL Therapist/Counsellor Experience and/or Qualifications.

Coaches

Life Coach

Meditation Coach

Mental Health Support Coach

Responsibilities include:

○ Providing supportive, compassionate and genuine care towards providing Group Tutoring/Meditation Guidance. Being friendly to new comers. Treating everyone as an equal and be prepared to answer to any questions, and give chance for everyone who has a comment to make one and be accepted for their comments. Attentively listening, understanding and guiding for their Well-Being.

○ Coaches in particular would benefit being able to stick with strict deadlines. Keep up communication and share ideas/events currently being worked on with the Owner/Head of all Staff.

○ Coaches are also eligible to work as "E.S" (Extra Shifts) at reception. Rules and conditions apply to make this fair on Support Staff who solely work at reception.

○ Coaches may apply as Therapist aswell. As-long as they have time for both roles equally.

Requirements:

○ 4 hours minimum working on Events/Classes. Coaches must also hold an Event/Class at the minimum; once every two weeks, for a minimum of an hour per Event.

○ 18+ RL & RP.

○ RL Mental Health, Life or Meditation Coaching Experience and/or Training/Qualifications.

Therapy staff/Coaching Staff Assistants

Support Staff

Support Staff Responsibilities:

○ Able to be active and attentive to help our visitors/patients coming in.

○ Welcoming, friendly and comforting to all visitors/patients, offering to be of help if they need.

○ Patient, understanding and committed.

○ Able to work as a Team from time to time.

○ Confident towards working at Reception, following a structured appointment booking (of course this will include training for how it works via Tranquillity).

Requirements:

○ 4 hours work/availability per week minimum.

○ 18+ RL & RP.

If you would like to join with us, and gain more information you can view our website/applications for more details of our positions. Thank you for your interest, we look forward to hearing from you!

Application: https://tranquillitytherapyclinic.blogspot.com/p/apply.html

SLURL: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Casvian Caye/161/193/22

TTC WEB LOGO.png

Lovely to see TTC helping ♡ 

9 hours ago, Number1Counselor said:

It's unethical to a typically troll each thread that this Real Life Qualified Therapist/Counsellor/Coach does. She has set her clinic up by Linden Labs own standards and has no one to prove herself to but them. I can say for a fact multiple people with alts have tried their best to tarnish and taint it and Steffi the owner of TTC has worked along with Linden Labs to make sure everything is run by the book. 

Why should Steffi state/show her buisness practices.. How she runs the place an verifies everyone.... Because again same stupid thing will happen someone that is not qualified will come along and try clone and replicate what she has done... But instead of the intent to help people. They do it for their own greed... Same thing happened with xxx/zavvi guy recently. 

Why is it you don't go there and actually talk to Steffi and see what the place is about without casting judgements.

You willing to publically share yours Number1Counselor or the clinic you actually work for? Instead of trying to run more places out of SL why can you not be happy others want to be of help that are not doing it at the Linden Expense that your clinic is charging... Is that what the issue is here more clinics thinking of their own L greed were as Steffis fees are so low she still covers her own tiers out of her own Real Cash. Because she is not looking to cash in on it. 

Also Cara, Most real therapists won't recommend meds to people either. That's just trying to push vulnerable people into taking meds that aren't actually recommended or perscribe by their real life dr. 

You will also find putting pills in the hand of someone thats already low, is giving them the nudge to go even lower and possibly not be here any more... Were as talking will not hurt someone. 

9 hours ago, SteffiiSugabum said:

Agreed. If they try lead in IM and Lie, Then post logs they break LL TOS by posting them publically. Instead of trolling yours and your staffs posts they should move along if they are just going to be negative and unproductive on helping lead the mental health awareness movement in sl.

7 hours ago, Ethan Paslong said:

you should answer it here on the forums, thats where the question is asked.

Directly banning people because they have questions about your approach of vunerable people is totally right.

So.. are you certified/licenced/professonal, or just a hobbysstic wannabee ? .. your requirements say nothing about it.

note: if you ban mee too i don't mind, already have a excellent certiefied professional in rl.

No she shouldn't as per the terms she follows by LL standards she has already met. She does not need to meet your standards or needs of trolling. She already stated she banned people for twisting and trying to make something of it that it's not. So your totally taking her words out of context and interpreting them into a troll way. 

Steffi has helped more vulnerable people then you will ever know, She goes out of her way to be of help and care for them with her Real Life Qualifications and Experiences. 

If You end up banned maybe it will be something for you to talk to with your person. Ever thought some find it easier to communicate through therapy on SL then face to face IRL? I guess not. 

4 hours ago, SteffiiSugabum said:

I don't want to get off topic, but that's not at all why I banned. When it comes to the "questions" though. It doesn't matter what I say, because there are already assumptions made. 

Yes I do have training/qualifications though. I make sure that others who want to join our staff for the therapy services do aswell. This is via questions in the application, along with questions during 2 interviews about past and current experience/training. 

Yep they will make assumptions and excuses and have expectations. At end of day a troll is going to troll and a negative being will always find some way or outlet for negativity because they have nothing better or productive or positive to do. 

2 hours ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

Somehow an 18-year-old pixie doesn't fill me with confidence.  What exactly are your own qualifications?

No ones mentioned 18 year old pixie also who is 18 year old pixie because Steffi is not. Try actually talking and having your eyes open and willing to listen with your ears... If you have given it a chance an then still take a distaste to it.. Then fair enough.. But come on to troll without actually being a human being open to the chance someone could actually be making or trying to genuinely help change. For Mental health. 

2 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

..but furs aren’t an option. My guess is, most furs looking for therapy wouldn’t be comfortable with that discrimination.

No one has anything against furs, I witnessed the trolls and alts come and try ruin it for people who actually want and are there to help and be of help and well regardless of fur or anything... If trouble makers/alts/trolls purposely try ruin it for others and the place.. Then like most places..... obviously being banned is inevitable.

Edited by Serenityfirefly McMahon
Spelling/Additional Info
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Thank you Sere I'm going un-follow this post after and yeah I have tried contacting via messages here and in-world but I get ignored. They want to be seen. That's fine too. Just a shame it can't be in a positive way. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sorry to get hopes up but I don't have the time/wont make the time for you if you are just going to assume, troll and looking for a reaction. If you want to ask anything of a civilised/serious manner/matter, go ahead. If you're going to continue to be aggressive through the forums though.. then you will be talking to yourself from now on. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Why?

Because this is not some RP/Roleplay to you or most that just sees it as a way to earn Lindens. 

3 minutes ago, SteffiiSugabum said:

Thank you Sere I'm going un-follow this post after and yeah I have tried contacting via messages here and in-world but I get ignored. They want to be seen. That's fine too. Just a shame it can't be in a positive way. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sorry to get hopes up but I don't have the time/wont make the time for you if you are just going to assume, troll and looking for a reaction. If you want to ask anything of a civilised/serious manner/matter, go ahead. If you're going to continue to be aggressive through the forums though.. then you will be talking to yourself from now on. 

No Prob Steffi, They want to be seen and heard and not expect a response. Yeah it is a shame. At end of day, those that want to be productive or postive in helping or needing help or an Ear, Go to TTC i can Verify you will not find another place on the grid that is as qualified, caring or that actually puts you first and not Lindens. You will also find there is always someone that will be there for you no matter what.  

You haven't put anyones hopes up Steff, thats on them... Yet again. If they want to keep talking i qill keep responding to say that at TTC people wanting to be of help or needing help will always be welcome. If they just want to troll then reay they just expose themselves for who and what they are. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Your business sounds awesome! I’m sorry you don’t understand how the Forums work. Or, my questions.

Perhaps if we were given civil answers instead of defensive ones, that would give us reasons to recommend others to your business.

Best of luck in your venture! 

Again is it boredom. Most people know how to use forums. Those of us choose to in a productive/positive way... Not just to sit there because we have nothing better to do then troll or be negative. No one gave defensive ones... Try asking civil questions and being open to hear and see it without casting bias judgements and doubts/accusations. If you were genuine in looking to refer or recommend her place to others then you would be willing to look at it and give it an honest chance.

2 minutes ago, SteffiiSugabum said:

No I understand just fine how forums work, and what the rules are for these forums in particular, and I'm just at my limit with being harassed by the same people for nearly a year.

Yeah, they need to move along and give it a rest. 

• Thanks 1

It's been asked on multiple occasions that if that's wanted to be known ask privately. 1. These forums isn't the place to be giving out that kind of information. 2. I nor has anyone else attacked anyone. I am getting sick of having aggressive pre-judgement though through these forums, and no "look for somewhere else to post about jobs" isn't what I will do nor I will be dictated at - which I've had openly thrown at me in the past aswell. Your a Resident just like me in Second Life.

I have answered to it in-world aswell, and I get sworn at and insulted anyway. Which leads to me just having to ban because I can not take the "concern" seriously nor am I here to put up with that.

Edited by SteffiiSugabum
  • Like 1

I have to agree with Love on this, and I am NOT trolling. Anyone can say I have credentials in RL but how do you actually prove that you do? A picture? That can easily be manipulated into saying anything you want it to say. While the idea is a good one, I myself would not go nor would I recommend this to anyone I knew that needed therapy in SL. The risks are way too high. Sorry, but something like this doesn't need to be advertised because someone really in need could end up severely damaged because of misconduct. Just my two cents.  

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

27 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

It seemed to me that anyone who asked for credentials was attacked.

No, More like other way around. Gas lighting is nothing new.. Please re think before you try play that game.. who came to whoses thread to diminish and tarnish what Steff and her place are trying to do. 

18 minutes ago, SteffiiSugabum said:

It's been asked on multiple occasions that if that's wanted to be known ask privately. 1. These forums isn't the place to be giving out that kind of information. 2. I nor has anyone else attacked anyone. I am getting sick of having aggressive pre-judgement though through these forums, and no "look for somewhere else to post about jobs" isn't what I will do nor I will be dictated at - which I've had openly thrown at me in the past aswell. Your a Resident just like me in Second Life.

I have answered to it in-world aswell, and I get sworn at and insulted anyway. Which leads to me just having to ban because I can not take the "concern" seriously nor am I here to put up with that.

Yeah they won't though, Agreed. They can't share or manipulate IM's lr doctor them due to TOS too. Neither Steff or I have attacked anyone. Stated the truth and facts... But hey you know how forums work. If you don't want a response then usually forums are not best place to post. You shouldn't need to post any were else LL own these forums. These people don't they will troll and tear people down to make them feel better about their lives. Just Block, Bann and Ignore they aren't relevent.. Publically they expose themselves... In IM just laugh at it. You have better things to do with your time. 

39 minutes ago, anniepany said:

I have to agree with Love on this, and I am NOT trolling. Anyone can say I have credentials in RL but how do you actually prove that you do? A picture? That can easily be manipulated into saying anything you want it to say. While the idea is a good one, I myself would not go nor would I recommend this to anyone I knew that needed therapy in SL. The risks are way too high. Sorry, but something like this doesn't need to be advertised because someone really in need could end up severely damaged because of misconduct. Just my two cents.  

It's literally like copy and paste from the past hun. Same thing gets said over and over and we are still helping people. I'm not forcing anyone to come here, nor to work here. It's all by choice.

Also why would I spend the time to fake my qualifications? Do you believe the same thing about Therapists or Counsellors in RL aswell, or the newer Counselling services online? That theirs on their walls or what ever are photoshop? 

Come on... have a bit of reality and stop trying to imagine the worst. If I was a fake do you really think I would dare to even post on here? 

People aren't in danger we state clearly when people arrive that we are not here to replace any RL help which made be needed, which is accessed through well-being assessments before any therapy/counselling starts and during the start of each session. I also have a listing of valid RL resources world-wide people can use for help when in crisis, even though I'm actually trained to support people in crisis I wont because its Second Life. It would also be urged that people go to their nearest crisis centre, A&E/ER, Doctor or dial their emergency services in their RL if they felt in danger to themselves or anyone else aswell.

We are not here too, nor never been designed as a replacement for any RL treatment which maybe needed. We are here as support, and awareness for Mental Health. 

Please, stop making assumptions and talk with me or even come see us in-world. That's all I am trying to ask for. Ok I get that there maybe worries/anxiety of the unknown. That's ok I can accept that and will happily answer to that aswell. I just will not put up with abuse/harassment from assumptions.

This is my finial comment. If you want to continue that's up to you. I'm not going to respond to any more negativity. 

Edited by SteffiiSugabum
  • Like 2

Genuinely go and give it a chance and have the respect to ask her or seek info in a respectful manner. If you don't then remember you treat others as you would like to be treated. If you don't have any inclination to go open minded and listen or see the place.. Then what is the point of the trolling and negative comments that this post or place could be of help to other people.

Should i go posting recommendations to someone that feels they can only have a baby or clinic services on SL... Saying yoo thats really bad for your and gonna mess you up... Your better having a RL Clinic or Gyno if your wanting treatment or a baby... Hey you are roleplaying it after all not like its real.. Oops it could be if you do it IRL or seek help. Same with RP Space places or labs... Why waste time on SL when you can go to those places IRL? Same for SL Families or RP dance places.. Why not go dancing irl or family irl? I find it funny how people can judge an post and not expect a reply to hear someone back. If you believe also what i wrote above.. I was being sarcastic. Because there is a double standard and contradiction here on people posting. 

Steffi is not Roleplaying a Fake RP clinic. She is qualified and only wants to help people. You only tarnish yourselves instead of looking at it as people are trying to help spread mental health awareness across multiple platforms..  But hey i guess thats wrong when qualified RL therapists do use social media/email/phone/net as multi platforms ways of helping people.. Just like SL has now the chance too.

Help be positive and move forward for mental health or carry on the negativity and making it the hush word when really if it had been more out there it would have helped a lot of people who aren't here anymore... an Fyi... As a friend i have helped pick my rl and sl friends up who are low or needing to talk. If i ever fear they would cause harm to themselves i do direct them to the right places to seek help. I am qualifief irl, however i do not work Steffi's place due to i am focusing on my own RL stuff right now. I can tell you for a fact though, Steffi listens. Does not tell someone how to handle something but helps rhem to see the positive not negative and if anyone has ever come to her seeking to not want to be here irl anymore she has helped them and pointed them to the Real places IRL to seek urgent help instead of them sat suffering in silence.. there is a way of therapy and listening... however any medical help or help to stop someone from no longer being here is more for RL as most people in that kind of headspace would neeed to be watched and someone really there in real world to help them not do it.  Steffi is not causing harm to anyone vulnerable. She is very gifted and being there for others in paying it forward.. Why should a qualified therapist sit there not willing to help someone when they are capable to a point? Move along if your not for mental health in SL.

Edited by Serenityfirefly McMahon

2 hours ago, Serenityfirefly McMahon said:

No ones mentioned 18 year old pixie also who is 18 year old pixie because Steffi is not. Try actually talking and having your eyes open and willing to listen with your ears... If you have given it a chance an then still take a distaste to it.. Then fair enough.. But come on to troll without actually being a human being open to the chance someone could actually be making or trying to genuinely help change. For Mental health. 

I simply extrapolated from the requirements for a person wishing to work for the centre as a therapist.  My eyesight is still pretty good, thank you, and my hearing is excellent.  Do you not understand how concerning it is that people wish to know what the qualifications are of the people running this thing?  No-one has asked for where they work in RL, just a statement of RL qualifications.  Why is that so difficult to provide?  I have no objection to anyone setting up a chat group, support group, meeting place, whatever, that offers friendship and a listening ear.  I am worried by a very small operation that promises qualified advice for money but will not answer concerns here in the Forum.

Edited by Garnet Psaltery
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

I simply extrapolated from the requirements for a person wishing to work for the centre as a therapist.  My eyesight is still pretty good, thank you, and my hearing is excellent.  Do you not understand how concerning it is that people wish to know what the qualifications are of the people running this thing?  No-one has asked for where they work in RL, just a statement of RL qualifications.  Why is that so difficult to provide?  I have no objection to anyone setting up a chat group, support group, meeting place, whatever, that offers friendship and a listening ear.  I am worried by a very small operation that promises qualified advice for money but will not answer concerns here in the Forum.

Your not capable of hearing or reading. If you did you would have better understanding. She promises qualified service at minimal costs she is not in it for the money.. Had you read what i previous said. She is not in it to make money and does not even cover tier by any costs the place has. She has offered to answer concerns in IM and personally.. This is an advertisement thread.. Not the place for trolling or dictator talks of fake concerns trolls have.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

I simply extrapolated from the requirements for a person wishing to work for the centre as a therapist. 

Aka nick picking Sere lol. You selectively read very well, yes. Also for the record no one that young has ever applied nor being accepted. The chances of anyone doing so are pretty slim aswell. We both know that, that is why you're using it against me. As that all you attempt to do. Which is exactly why I am not going to disclose RL information to you for my own safety of not being doxxed. 

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2018 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.