Notifications box tabs in FS?

Kia Kiyori

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2184 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

This is probably in the wrong spot (sorry if it is) - but I seem to have lost the entire Notifications box in the top right of the screen with the tabs labelled transactions/group notices/etc.

Have spent the past several hours trying to find out how to get it back again (Google's got diddly squat). It contains some history I really didn't want to lose.

Preferences>User Interface>2D Overlay>Use legacy list layout for Notifications window - unticked as per Whirly's advice on an old thread about this same thing, but that's not brought it back either.  Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks for responding, Blush.

Only noticed it a few hours ago. There are some notifications I don't clear (certain transactions mostly), so that all I have to do is click the box to find what I was looking for as a point of reference, but the entire box and all that I'd left in it is gone.

Just now, Ceka Cianci said:

Did you update your Viewer recently?

Did anything change recently?

Hi Ceka - I recently moved FS on to a new location on my laptop. Once I'd done that, many of the issues I'd been having since earlier in the year were resolved and it began responding very quickly to everything (rezzing, loading screen, Phototools DoF, etc) and the notifications box remained at the top right, even after doing that.

It just vanished a few hours ago. I do remember using it just before its disappearing act, so it's only happened sometime today.

Are you talking about the little boxes up in the top right hand corner?

If it's those there could be some setting in the preferences for that.. I'm gonna log in and take a look at mine..

Yes - there's the main notification box with all the labelled tabs at the top of it - Transaction tab, Group notices tab, etc. That's the one.

I wonder if you could have right clicked on it..I just tested mine and right clicked and a close all option pops up.. Sometimes lag can happen and it could have triggered a double click on accident..

That's just a big guess though..

Are you getting the other little windows up there at all?

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Thanks 1

I wonder if you could have right clicked on it..I just tested mine and right clicked and and close all option pops up.. Sometimes lag can happen and it could have triggered a double click on accident..

That's just a big guess though..

Are you getting the other little windows up there at all?

Oooh, now there's a thought. I could well have right clicked it by mistake and if so, I still can't find where/how to bring it back up again.

Just now, AnyaJurelle said:

Oooh, now there's a thought. I could well have right clicked it by mistake and if so, I still can't find where/how to bring it back up again.

You would need a group notice to happen for it to pop back up..

Also if something is acting screwy,you could possible load your settings again from the last time you installed firestorm..That may do something..Unless you have changed them from the last time..

Just now, Blush Bravin said:

okay I used the right click to close and it closed... then I created a box for 0 and bought it and the box opens .. try that

That worked, Blush. Now how do I keep it up there so it doesn't vanish again?

1 minute ago, Ceka Cianci said:

they should stay until you close them out I would think..Unless you are saying yours disappear after awhile..

No it was just the one disappearing act, thankfully. :) Must accidentally right clicked up there somewhere!

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2184 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.