Sign in to follow this  
JasonClandestino

Tampon Inside & Grim Circuit

I was looking through the marketplace & I found the old [ Tampon Inside ] marketplace store. I purchased a few of them, & then purchased more.

Those really are great old builds. She really put a lot of work into that. Various of those builds must have 100 textures for things she sells for less 100L$.

I thought to update the builds with a lower prim edition. They were built with the 10m size limit, & various of them are really primmy.

She's probably not active in SL these days, not actually, though I thought to rebuild those old designs.

Your comments are welcome.

Namaste! The Dharma Initiative_001.png

Grim Circuit (Logo).jpg

I never thought of that: buying some old prim-based rezzable then rebuilding them more efficiently. I love prim builds that are done right, way more than mesh. And prims don't have LOD issues or put such a heavy load on computers (which equals less local-lag and loss of frame-rates).

And remember that copyright applies to a work, not a design. So doing such is fulllegal. :)

I despise mesh.

I'll say it again, because it's a good point: "Like Drawing Paper & Colored Pencils, Sculpts are here to stay!!"

I have a sculpt organizer I'm working on. The medium sized model is for developers with a moderate amount of sculpt maps of various categories. It's 49 prims. The small sized model is 25 prims, & the large sized model is 76 prims. I could build the medium sized model with mesh in 8 prims. The features could not be programmed within a 8 faced mesh prim for a column of categories, not at all. The Name Field & Description Field have a limited number of character entry, & even if you worked around that limit, it would be less user friendly. That's 1 good reason.

Yet other a good reason that I like Prims & Sculpts: I make a sculpted letter, alright. A single letter requires me 10 minutes to make, because I'm somewhat experienced enough to use a texture that has the letter typed on it for a pattern. I had to hunt down the patch that allows the utilization of the Blender 2.49b addon for creation & exporting of SL Sculpt Maps. I create my letter & I upload the sculpt map texture. 10L$. I apply the sculpt map to the prim & I scale the letter up to 30 meters square. 1 prim. Separate the context, I open Blender, select my font, type a letter, & export Mesh. 1 minute. I upload the mesh into SL. 10 - 20 L$ or more (depends). I scale the mesh letter up to 30 meters square: 42 prims.

With the right software, I could really speed up the process of creating sculpted letters: The software could capably automate that. Aside of that, really it's a higher quality in a lot of cases that's really worth the effort to make & use the sculpt map.

It's people like the Meshed Up Brewers that want to harange people like me when I ask about Sculpts that really makes me wonder: "What do I need to explain?!" People want "Meshed Up Life", not SecondLife, & it's not gonna happen (thanks to folks like me saying something about it, & the only mystery is what else you have to thank about all of that).

Sculpt Map Organizer (In Progress)_001.png

Edited by JasonClandestino
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JasonClandestino said:

I despise mesh.

I see it's a religious condition... no one can help you then... ;)

1 hour ago, JasonClandestino said:

People want "Meshed Up Life", not SecondLife, & it's not gonna happen

it happened ... 7 years ago - do a backflip and say our name backwards 3 times - it won't go back anymore. Sculpts have their uses - but so does mesh.

Edited by Fionalein
  • Like 1

I just bought a 1 prim bomb!!

It's a 1 prim bomb if it's 40 Meters tall.

It's a 1 prim bomb if it's 1 meter suggested "small".

:D

It's a 1 prim bomb!!

I noticed they had a 1 prim sculpted keg as well.

Can you imagine the volume of beer that could be contained in a 1 prim keg that was 40 Meters tall? I'm not even sure the Meshed Up Brewers could handle all that beer within a 1 prim keg!

Edited by JasonClandestino

I as well got a 1 prim beer tap that was like 15L$, sculpt.

I noticed the Club Serpent Noir has a beer tap that's like 14 prims or more.

I got a stack of boxes as well that's 1 prim.

In addition to that, I got a 1 prim sculpted industrial barrel, & a 1 prim sculpted wooden barrel.

I'm seriously considering this project. If I take my time, I would suggest, "I'll probably do this."