Macrocosm Draegonne

Dark Theme for forums please. :)

Oh god, that's fantastic. No more squinting at the screen in the evenings!

(I used f.lux for a long time and loved it, but it caused me several graphical issues when exiting Firestorm, as well as switching off Windows Aero and reverting to Windows Classic when I had certain programs open, so I uninstalled it.)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Love Zhaoying said:

They had a dark theme all along lulz! It even works on iPhone. THANK YOU!!2!!

I'm not so sure that it was there "all along".Β  Likely popped in whenever the latest minor revision to the forum software was applied.

3 hours ago, anniepany said:

omgosh! it's so much easier on the eyes to read this!

Oh, sorry I can't read black on white without my glasses one (which currently being repaired) so I write in a colour I can see which happens to be purple; as white background really gives me bad headache so been using chrome thing temporarily till I read about it however I still find easier to write in purple.

Edited by MrsSeren

I tried the new dark theme, but Dark Reader still does a better job. The built in theme has some weird light parts on it.

Β What I find really interesting about the new dark theme business, isn't the "We certainly wont be doing that... Oh look we did it without telling you..." thing.

After the "never going to happen" announcement from Tommy, I'd pretty much stopped reading this thread, so I'd missed the stealth launch by nearly a week!

Somebody at LL HQ needs to work on their communication skills, not only with us, but with the web monkeys...

What I find interesting is that LAST night (UK time) apparently the web monkeys decided to PUNISH anyone who hadn't heard about the stealth-darkness by making the default grey on super-white default theme EVEN HARDER to read, by opting for a paler shade of grey in a skinnier font!

So thank you for the stealth release "never going to happen" Β dark theme, but, why make the light theme even worse?

Β 

Edited by Klytyna

On 12/11/2018 at 3:57 AM, Kristin Linden said:

giphy.gif

We would need also grey theme. Light grey background for the text, and the text itself black.
In the default theme the white is too glaring white. The dark theme is too dark. Reading white text on stark black background is not ideal solution. It's meant for night owls.

/me waits full of hope... πŸ˜‰ :)