Dark Theme for forums please. :)

Macrocosm Draegonne

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1883 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

The 'Invision Community' should allow multiple themes if I remember correctly, can we please have a dark theme too?  The white is blinding and painful sometimes lol like acid on my eyes, I found an app for Firefox to force an inversion and make the forums dark with light text, but it'd be nice I think to just offer the toggle in our profiles, if we want the light or dark theme, than everyone can benefit.

Just a suggestion, not a demand, but it would be quite nice. ?

• Like 9
  • Thanks 6

11 hours ago, Macrocosm Draegonne said:

It could be so nice, it has biological as well as energy use implications.  ?

Heres a five min mockup with Firefox source inspector and some css tweaks lol.. 
::::::Feel the relief as clicking zoom on the image below obfuscates all the evil white.:::::::: ?

Capture2.thumb.PNG.fc59ceaa471ed3c1cd604b31502bb5fc.PNGgiphy.gif

Once you go Black..

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I had the book when I was young, because I was a cat fancier!

My books on cats were on domestic cats and the different breeds; was so many I wanted and proved to teacher when I was 8 I was right to colour a cat in blue and showed her pages of Russian Blues and British Blues :P However dark themes would be nice for when I reply via the phone as when at laptop I wear my glasses so white glare don't hurt my eyes or give me nasty headache as much!

Edited by MrsSeren
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, MrsSeren said:

My books on cats were on domestic cats and the different breeds; was so many I wanted and proved to teacher when I was 8 I was right to colour a cat in blue and showed her pages of Russian Blues and British Blues :P However dark themes would be nice for when I reply via the phone as when at laptop I wear my glasses so white glare don't hurt my eyes or give me nasty headache as much!

Totally agree, same experience!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Phil Deakins said:

Not a vote for a dark theme, but not against it either, as long as it's one one of a choice of themes - dark and light. I like this one the way it is now, and I wouldn't want to be forced into a dark theme only, take it or leave it.

So, you vote against the union getting a raise!

I am in agreement with Phil. So long as there is a choice, add what you want. I have always found it interesting that people say a dark theme is more natural. Every book i have ever read has white pages when its new. They fade to a cream color after time, but they never invert colors. Reading a black screen with white text leave me with after images burned into my retinas. On of the main reasons i dont type much in SL. 

• Like 2

Yes, preferably there would be a toggle between dark/light, if your outside during the sunny hours or an extremely bright room a white theme might be more legible, whereas being inside at a computer in a normal or darker environment a dark theme is far better, especially if you're the type to spend good lengths of time at it.

There's not much of an argument for either/or since its situational really.  Screens are not nice light reflective surfaces like paper though, they're still totally emissive unfortunately with our current stone-age technology ? eventually we will have reflective pixels.  Many studies show that too much blue led light is bad, after a long time it can damage eyesight, even causing circadian and mitochondrial disorders that lead to all sorts of problems.

Edited by Macrocosm Draegonne

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1883 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.