Theft on Marketplace

Ashton Crisp

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2024 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I bought an item from a merchant on the Marketplace, It is a Gatcha item a tattoo, I only received a landmark that sent me to a sim under false pretenses. I never received anything or a landmark to buy something? I have proof of purchase, who can help?

Edited by Dakota Linden
MODERATOR EDIT: Identifying information removed

4 answers to this question

Ashtonsky, you can send an IM or a notecard to the merchant and ask that he deliver the product.  Be sure to include the details from your transaction log.  However, it's not likely that they will.

You can report the product using the "Flag This Item" link in the lower right corner of the product's page.

Mostly, since you are only out $L25, about ten cents, I would shrug and move on.  There are all sorts of risks in buying gacha prizes on the Marketplace; one of them is outright fraud, but these items by their nature are in limited supply, and the whole delivery chain seems to glitch with them more often than it does with "traditional" products that were created by the seller and sold in unlimited quantities.  For this reason, I never buy gachas on the Marketplace.

• Like 3

You are not allowed to name and shame on the forums, thus you need to remove your pictures.  

Have you bothered to contact the seller?  It is totally possible that they did not intend for the box to be empty.  You can report the listing and open a support ticket for your issue, but LL pretty much never gets involved in Resident to Resident issues.

• Like 4

47 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Is there any value in checking the “Contents” tab of the listing to see if it shows anything specific? If it was just a landmark (no box), could be a listing error.

The vast majority of the time, the Contents tab simply contains the name of the box that you will receive.  I think the only time it shows more is if you will actually receive an unpacked folder of items.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2024 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.