Hair Recommendations for Hats or Hoodies?

Morgana Hilra

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2024 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Heya folks! It's 2018, so I thought maybe more people would have advice on this topic.

I have this awesome hoodie from, Coco Designs but, I find that the hair that comes with it, isn't my personal style, so I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions on hair designers that create something that may work with a hat or hoodie clothing item?

it's tricky...

Best get some hair with buildt in hats that is copy mod... the unlink the hat and wear that hair with your hat... demo a lot to identify suitable ones (I think both Escalated and Kokolores among others have copy mod mesh hair). For Hoodies try the seperate bangs by A&A with a fitting hairbase =^.^=

Edited by Fionalein
  • Like 1

If you are looking at head gear make sure it comes with modify perms or some way of resizing it or opt for a hair that has a hat built in if re-positioning isn't enough, the hats i've been getting most wear out of lately are from Exxess and Equal and were event gifts but i've had this one https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/ON-Fedora-Hat-Buckle-Multi-Color-Series/796606 for what seems like forever and can be resized and coloured to go with most hairs. 

I tend to turn to the many hat hairs I have from Truth. Those hairs are modify so after making a copy of the hair I either detach that hat (not as likely but sometimes) or simply set the transparency for the hat to 100 and then put on the separate hat and adjust so it works with the Truth hair. Then I put the modified Truth hair in the hat folder. So when I want to wear that hat I have the hair ready to go.

Edited by Blush Bravin
  • Like 1

Besom and Little Bones have made hair for hoodies. You can also try finding un-rigged hair and editing it to fit under the hood. I've even wore just bangs if the hood is close fitting.

But there is a lot of demoing and trial & error if you don't like the hair made for the hood. I'm still trying to find hair I like to go with Blueberry's Nova hoodie (no I didn't like the hair made for it)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Blush Bravin said:

I tend to turn to the many hat hairs I have from Truth. Those hairs are modify so after making a copy of the hair I either detach that hat (not as likely but sometimes) or simply set the transparency for the hat to 100 and then put on the separate hat and adjust so it works with the Truth hair. Then I put the modified Truth hair in the hat folder. So when I want to wear that hat I have the hair ready to go.

This is my go-to method. I have hair-with-hat/beanie/etc. from Argrace, Tokyo Girl, Wasabi Pills, and there's a new creator on the market that I *love* - I just wish I could remember her name right now grrrr (at work so can not check inventory LOL) - OH, and there's a few at Hair Fair also (I even picked up one from a creator I never bought from before.)

1 hour ago, Vanity Fair said:

There is a free hairstyle already in your Inventory, look under:

Library/Accessories/Hair Design Options (Colors & Styles)/Pulled Back Bun

This hairstyle comes in a variety of colours, and can also be tinted and resized. It fits nicely under hats or hoods:

You are awesome! 12 years in SL and I never thought to check Library for anything other than textures and things. :)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2024 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.